Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Forum move/upgrade  (Read 29697 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Forum move/upgrade
« Reply #225 on: April 27, 2010, 05:54:21 pm »

I know that in GIMP, it's (menu bar) image -> mode -> Indexed

It only works if you have at most 255 colours, and the only transparency is fully transparent or not transparent, but for smilies, neither would be a problem.
GIF images have the same restrictions(255 colours, only transparency support is fully transparent), but I have heard that it has an inferior compression system.
Eh?
Eh!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 30, 2010, 02:19:29 am »

I'm not sure what happened but that favicon? The one displayed in the window corner/tab header? It's gone again.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Janus

• Bay Watcher
  • huffi muffi guffi
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress File Depot
« Reply #227 on: April 30, 2010, 02:31:59 am »

This one?
http://www.bay12forums.com/favicon.ico

Since it is indeed there, try closing and reopening your browser to refresh it. For whatever reason, at least in Firefox, simply clearing the cache or doing a full refresh doesn't make it show the favicon again. Closing and re-opening is required.
Tomas asked Dolgan, "What place is this?"
The dwarf puffed on his pipe. "It is a glory hole, laddie. When my people mined this area, we fashioned many such areas."
     - Raymond E. Feist, Magician: Apprentice  (Riftwar Saga)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 30, 2010, 08:14:56 am »

...aaand now it's back. I'm not sure what happened, I didn't do anything. Though I did close and reopen Firefox at some point, I didn't do anything else like clearing cache. So something weird's going on, but it's probably just going on in my system and not the forum.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

silantrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 08, 2010, 12:52:57 am »

I think it is now agreed that we all love Toady like the great game making forum fixer he is. :D Now we just need to make sure he keeps Scamps out of the internets so he doesn't chew at the forum wires.

05/03/2010: While I was working on the adventure mode screens update, Scamps ran into the room and jumped up on my arm so that he was hanging from it briefly with his front claws. That startled me and I swung to the right, knocking my desk and banging my knee into my tower. Somehow that popped the case open, and when I looked down my computer was laying open on its side with my phone sitting inside of it on top of the motherboard next to a spinning fan. It seems fine, though. I guess the memory is in perpetual danger though, from falling phones and stuff. Scamps, who was crouched right next to the scene with his little tail wagging, got a ten minute timeout.

Zombie, I think you're a prophet. It's either that, or you have some kind of mental link with kittens.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 08, 2010, 01:06:14 am »

I recently found that typing in / me (with out the space) works the same way it does in IRC. nice touch.

* Japa does a little dance

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 08, 2010, 09:10:39 am »

I recently found that typing in / me (with out the space) works the same way it does in IRC. nice touch.

* Andir is interested

They also have support for abbr and Acronyms like DF (mouse over) ... but it's a manual process.
The ability to add Monospaced font using the teletype ([ tt ]) code is there too.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 09:23:46 am by Andir »
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 08, 2010, 09:12:51 am »

* ToonyMan tries out the feature, to make sure it works.  He smiles.

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 08, 2010, 11:29:55 am »

* Andir is interested

They also have support for abbr and Acronyms like DF (mouse over) ... but it's a manual process.
The ability to add Monospaced font using the teletype ([ tt ]) code is there too.

Mind telling us how?
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 08, 2010, 11:47:38 am »

As it always was on the old forums.
Code: [Select]
[abbr=Abbreviation]Abbr.[/abbr]
[acronym=Aggressive Colossal Rodents Overrun New York Memorial]ACRONYM[/acronym]
[tt]Monospaced text[/tt]

There are other tricks too, like auto-scaling of images.

* Sean Mirrsen also notes that ABBR and ACRONYM are identical in appearance and usage, but IE5 doesn't support ABBR.

P.S.: And "/mе" is in fact [mе=Your Name]text[/me]. But it auto-replaces any usage of just /mе.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 11:50:33 am by Sean Mirrsen »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 08, 2010, 04:15:02 pm »

And if you find the smiles enlarged too much, you can click them and they get scaled down to normal size.

Yay for new forum powers~!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 08, 2010, 04:53:09 pm »

* Armok tries out the feture
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 08, 2010, 06:38:00 pm »

So that's why

* Servant Corp is always sighing.

Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Ǵ̨̕o͘d͝d̡͢e̡̕s̷͟s̵͢ ͝of̴ ͡G͘͠a̧mi̶n̛͝g̨
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 09, 2010, 11:39:49 pm »

I think it is now agreed that we all love Toady like the great game making forum fixer he is. :D Now we just need to make sure he keeps Scamps out of the internets so he doesn't chew at the forum wires.

05/03/2010: While I was working on the adventure mode screens update, Scamps ran into the room and jumped up on my arm so that he was hanging from it briefly with his front claws. That startled me and I swung to the right, knocking my desk and banging my knee into my tower. Somehow that popped the case open, and when I looked down my computer was laying open on its side with my phone sitting inside of it on top of the motherboard next to a spinning fan. It seems fine, though. I guess the memory is in perpetual danger though, from falling phones and stuff. Scamps, who was crouched right next to the scene with his little tail wagging, got a ten minute timeout.

Zombie, I think you're a prophet. It's either that, or you have some kind of mental link with kittens.

Can it be a little from column A and a little from column B?
If I had a dollar for every dwarf whose feelings I didn't care about, I'd have seven dollars, with more coming in the fall.

Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

MULTI-THREADING - I'm talking about it!

Sagabal

• Bay Watcher
  • Komrade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 10, 2010, 12:25:15 pm »

>implying

Man, I was hoping we'd get green-text; would help with asking questions in new version threads, among other things.  Ah well, slash-me is pretty cool.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17