Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Epic wounds  (Read 1411 times)

evoluder

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Epic wounds
« on: April 20, 2010, 12:48:00 am »

Had some fun in the arena today; had several Alligators fight eachother to the death until one was a super badass, then I threw a skeletal giant cheetah at him. The battle only lasted a few seconds but I managed to catch the cheetah's "z" menu right before it died. Didn't think to check the log, but this says it all.

http://yfrog.com/49dwarfp

Torchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Epic wounds
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 12:58:35 am »

Not to ruin the fun but, wouldn't most of these have been present from the beginning given that it's a skeletal creature? :) The entries all being for things such as hair / muscle / fat / skin / etc...

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 01:05:09 am »

Yah undead have multiple wounds straight out of the box.
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 01:08:50 pm »

Pff, I once threw a silver bolt onto a human child so hard that it entered in head and continued all the way down through the neck, spraying blood all around.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

The Grim Sleeper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 05:48:27 pm »

Pff, I once threw a silver bolt onto a human child so hard that it entered in head and continued all the way down through the neck, spraying blood all around.
Permission to put this in the quote section of the wiki?

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 06:35:05 pm »

:o I thought the death-bolts weren't in DF anymore...
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Belteshazzar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 06:36:17 pm »

hmmm shouldn't those 'undeath related' injuries have some kind of message culling? I mean it's nice to know it's missing skin and all but...
In the year 570, Kjerdregus occurred.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 06:45:14 pm »

A blanket "all of her soft tissue (or skin/muscles separately) is gone" would be nice, but
right now it looks like it just iterates through the list of parts and prints what's missing.

It seems like you could implement an exception for skeletal creatures, though...

Umi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 08:17:24 pm »

How do you use the skeletal creatures?  I know there is a way, but I only can get the underground creatures+vanilla creatures to work...>_>

Boingboingsplat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 09:33:52 pm »

How do you use the skeletal creatures?  I know there is a way, but I only can get the underground creatures+vanilla creatures to work...>_>
Are you running v0.31.03? Undead arena support was added then.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 01:27:39 am »

If you ARE running 0.31.03, then you should direct your attention to the lower right portion of the 'create-a-critter' screen. The option to produce undead is a toggle.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Umi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 06:44:13 am »

Thanks.  I didn't see that toggle.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 08:39:27 am »

The only way to kill unlife is to cleave it in two, atom smash it, melt it, or encase it in obsidian/ice, or cave it in.  Weapons don't seem to be able to cleave a creature in two so the only way to do that to drop it from high enough to make it go splat.  Atom smashing doesn't work on large creatures.  Obsidian/ice won't always work if they vaporize water from multiple tiles away.  That only leaves the cave ins as a reliable way to kill the unliving.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.