Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Gustatory Science - Advancements in Dwarven Cuisine (currently on hiatus)  (Read 8445 times)

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Might be worth doing. A quick look at wikipedia says that it's got nearly two thirds the energy content of coal when burnt. And it can be used for fertilizer.

Odd!x

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I'm confuse; what are you referring to?
We are who we are, depending on who we were.

Intelligent Shade of Blue

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity Loss: 0/1d4 points
    • View Profile

I'm confuse; what are you referring to?

Bone meal. While it would be cool to use it as a fertilizer or fuel source, I'm almost positive potash is the only possible fertilizer at the moment and I'm not sure how to set a material to be used as fuel. I think for now I'll let the dwarves use at the kitchen as a low-value, emergency food source.

Anyways, thanks Deon for pointing out that mistake. Actually I found it while working on my next update but at the time I could have sworn the cheese>booze reaction was working when I finished 0.2 so I didn't do anything about it. Apparently I was wrong.

So, just put up version 0.22 on DFFD. Fixed that reaction and altered the size of the boozebelly goats to be smaller (same as regular mountain goats) mainly because I'm going to put giant mountain goats in, but also to make them more useful for their milk rather than butchery (larger = more meat). Also, I added a new trainable turtle, the snapjaw, in anticipation of (turtle) soup. It's based on the alligator snapping turtle.

Still working on the bread.
[COLOR:PRUSSIAN_BLUE]
[NAME:ISoB]
[RGB:0:49:83]

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

Hey, ISoB, I really appreciate this. Thanks a lot for making my dwarves have sausages, and thanks in advance for the awesome breadmaking.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, ISoB, I really appreciate this. Thanks a lot for making my dwarves have sausages, and thanks in advance for the awesome breadmaking.

No problem :D

Actually, been busy with work, but I had the turtle finished already. Just put him into this little bugfix as an added bonus. Hopefully I'll get some time for some bread tomorrow :)

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While it would be cool to use it as a fertilizer or fuel source, I'm almost positive potash is the only possible fertilizer at the moment and I'm not sure how to set a material to be used as fuel. I think for now I'll let the dwarves use at the kitchen as a low-value, emergency food source.
Surely you'd just have a reaction to turn it into coke? I admit that a reaction to turn it into potash might be a bit wierd, but it's still worth considering.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, here's what I'm working on:

[PERMITTED_REACTION:GRIND_BONE]
    [PERMITTED_REACTION:BONE_TO_FERTILIZER]
    [PERMITTED_REACTION:BONE_TO_FUEL]
    [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_DOUGH] unleavened
    [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_DOUGH2] yeast
    [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_DOUGH3] quick/b.soda
    [PERMITTED_REACTION:GET_YEAST]
    [PERMITTED_REACTION:REFINE_SODA]
    [PERMITTED_REACTION:REFINE_SALT]
    [PERMITTED_REACTION:BAKE_BREAD_LOAF] +++
    [PERMITTED_REACTION:BAKE_FLATBREAD] ++
    [PERMITTED_REACTION:BAKE_CRACKERS] +
    [PERMITTED_REACTION:BAKE_CAKE] ++++
    [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_TURTLE_SOUP]

Uristmod is making things easier.. Also figured out I  don't have to gen new worlds as long as I don't add or subtract reactions, so now my files are filled with stubs  :P

I probably genned 50-100 worlds in making my mod thus far...  :-X
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 01:24:12 pm by Intelligent Shade of Blue »

Arni

• Bay Watcher
  • Soldier
    • View Profile

Nice ideas :D I like the meatblocks. Do they count as normal 'rocks'? Ergo you are able to create mulemeat furniture?

Military and Militia. It's horrible

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unfortunately, I was unable to find a way to get them to count as true stone, so they can't be used at the mason's shop. They can, however, be used to build constructions (like workshops and walls). So, in a way, they're kind of like blocks made from stone. Although, they get placed in the stone stockpile (AFAIK, you can designate a flesh-only stockpile by marking it as a stone stockpile but forbidding all the stone types).

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

bummmmmmmmp
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

bamp. again.

I WANT BREAD
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey all, thought I'd let everyone know that this mod is currently on hiatus.. The laptop that had all the files I was working on for it has been terminally fried. Luckily, the hard drive itself escaped unscathed, but I won't be able to remove the data from it until this coming weekend when I borrow some cords from my friend. So, it shouldn't be too long of a hiatus.

Nonsapient

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really rather like the mod, if only because it lets me do my horrible horrible fortress designs.

Kudos!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks! I assume you're talking about the flesh blocks?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5