Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Ignornce is Strenght  (Read 41399 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ignornce is Strenght
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2010, 05:09:02 am »

All the crap printed on my clothes? I'm not sure. Nor am I sure what you mean.

Also I've never read Stalingrad so that went totally over my head, but I'll take your word for it about German soldiers being totally unaware of it. I assume you mean the involvement of the Church (Catholic? I actually don't know if it was the Catholic church. Presumably it was. Buggered if I know.) with the military?

As for the lesbian loophole, apparently (and this definitely hasn't been backed up so take it with a big heaping spoonful of salt) it was never illegal to be a lesbian in Britain in the 19th century because Queen Victoria didn't believe a lady would do such a thing.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2010, 05:11:24 am »

So you're saying she believed that Sheep-Buggery* was more likely than Other-Lady-Buggery.

*which is also in Deuteronomy.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2010, 05:13:22 am »

Of course! A true British Lady would never do such a thing. I wouldn't hear a word of it and neither would she. Totally preposterous!

EDIT: Yeah, after looking around for a bit, I can't verify that so it's most likely untrue. But come on, you can totally see her saying something like that.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 05:19:03 am by Jackrabbit »

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2010, 05:20:54 am »

Well obviously not any British Ladies, but surely those hedonistic Frenchies were up to all sorts of hanky panky. The mere thought of those fiendish libertarian hussies abusing each other like that.... Simply shocking, Mr. Rabbit, simply shocking.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2010, 05:22:53 am »

Haha, I can imagine Vester sipping on some tubo out of a dainty-looking pink cup whilst wearing a top hat while saying that, while chewing on some Banana Q. Mmm... Banana Q...
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2010, 05:25:55 am »

It'll technically be sugarcane tea, and a sun hat, but yeah, pretty much.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2010, 05:29:47 am »

Don't forget the bolo.

Also, I'm a bit confused about the whole concept of Rapture. (No, not the awesome city from the awesome game.) I read that Rapture isn't even in the Bible! Where the hell did they pull that piece of poop out of?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 21, 2010, 05:31:22 am »

I sorta thought Revelations focused on The Rapture.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 21, 2010, 05:33:08 am »

No, it's not in there. It's more a part of tradition that's been around for a while, but certainly not Catholic tradition.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 21, 2010, 05:34:12 am »

Yeah, I think there's a whole part where the dead will rise and God's kingdom will come, the end of days etc.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 21, 2010, 05:34:38 am »

Nah, Revelations is Apocalypse and shit. From Wikipedia:
Quote from: Wikipedia
The Rapture is the gathering together of all Christians up into the air at the time of the return of Jesus Christ. The primary passage used to support this idea is 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17, in which Paul cites "the word of the Lord" about the return of Jesus to gather his saints.

...and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air.

There are two primary views among Christian denominations regarding the nature of Christ's return:

1. Dispensationalist Premillennialists (such as many Evangelicals, especially in the United States) hold the return of Christ to be in two stages. 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 is seen to be a preliminary event to the return described in Matthew 24:29-31. Although both describe a return of Jesus in the clouds with angelic activity, trumpets, heavenly signs, and a gathering of the saints, these are seen to be two separate events. The first event is to be unseen, the rapture proper, when the saved are prophesied to be 'caught up,' from whence the term rapture is taken. The 'second coming' is the public event when Christ's presence is prophesied to be clearly seen as he returns to end Armageddon. The majority of dispensationalists hold that the first event immediately precedes the period of Tribulation. (See chart for additional Dispensationalist timing views);
   2. Amillennialists (such as Roman Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, Anglicans, Lutherans, Presbyterians (PCUSA), and others), Postmillennialists (such as some Presbyterians, and others), and Historic Premillennialists (such as Calvinistic Baptists, and others) hold that the return of Christ will be a single, public event. All passages regarding the return of Christ, such as Matthew 24:29-31, 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3, Revelation 1:7, etc., describe the return of Jesus in the clouds amidst trumpets, angelic activity, heavenly signs, a resurrection, and a gathering of saints. Although some (such as some Amillennialists) take this event to be figurative, rather than literal, these three groups maintain that passages regarding the return of Christ describe a single event, and that the "word of the Lord" cited by Paul in 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 is the Olivet Discourse which Matthew separately describes in Matthew 24:29-31. Although the doctrinal relationship of the rapture and the Second Coming are the same in these three groups, Historic Premillennialists are more likely to use the term "rapture" to clarify their position in distinction from Dispensationalists.

Also:

The Catholic Church, Eastern Orthodox churches, the Anglican Communion, as well as most Protestant Calvinist denominations have no tradition of a preliminary return of Christ and reject the doctrine, in part because they cannot find any reference to it among any of the early Church fathers and find its biblical foundation weak, and because of their rejection of the 19th-century concept of dispensationalism. Some also reject it because they interpret prophetic scriptures in either an amillennial or postmillennial fashion.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 21, 2010, 05:36:39 am »

Oh, okay. And now I know.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 21, 2010, 05:37:44 am »

Which is half the battle.

Also: I still thing Paul is a douchenozzle.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 21, 2010, 05:41:14 am »

Funny thing about revelations is that most theologians believe that Revelations was a message of hope, that God's always going to win, triumph of good over evil, sort of a hate letter to the Roman Empire and Nero, instead of the bullshit that most people interpret it.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 21, 2010, 05:42:54 am »

Satan is kinda messed up there, though. Sure, he's an allegory for Rome, fine, but really, seven heads with ten crowns? Where's he gonna put the other three?

Pro tip: you should only own as many crowns as your number of heads.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13