Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Ignornce is Strenght  (Read 41412 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Ignornce is Strenght
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 04:17:11 pm »

It's too bad the fundies aren't as eager as they claim to pay money to those who can prove evolution.
But of course not. That would involve admitting they're wrong, and they can never, ever do that.
With all due respect, you guys have the exact same problem.

This is a really bad place to start that shit.  I suggest you just walk away while you can still walk.  (They'll devolve your legs back into flippers if you don't.  Knowledge is power y'know.)
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 04:19:25 pm »

It's too bad the fundies aren't as eager as they claim to pay money to those who can prove evolution.

But of course not. That would involve admitting they're wrong, and they can never, ever do that.

With all due respect, you guys have the exact same problem.

How so?
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 04:22:14 pm »

Tell a Christian that God isn't real, they'll say that's not true. Give them proof, they'll counter with a Bible quote and call you an infidel.

Tell an atheist that God is real, they'll say that's not true. Give them proof, they'll list off scientific breakthroughs and call you a monkey.

As far as the amount of faith goes, the biggest difference between Christians and atheists is our choice of vocabulary.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2010, 04:23:28 pm »

Tell a Christian that God isn't real, they'll say that's not true. Give them proof, they'll counter with a Bible quote and call you an infidel.

Tell an atheist that God is real, they'll say that's not true. Give them proof, they'll list off scientific breakthroughs and call you a monkey.

Now I'm intrigued. I've never seen "proof" of anything outside of mathematics. Nor have I ever seen valid evidence for the existence of any deity. Please, provide.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2010, 04:25:04 pm »

I'm not the guy to go to for that. I'll probably just say something that only has some evidence, and then get called out as a liar, then flames will start, and I'll be bludgeoned to death with a copy of "The God Delusion".
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2010, 04:27:30 pm »

I'm not the guy to go to for that. I'll probably just say something that only has some evidence, and then get called out as a liar, then flames will start, and I'll be bludgeoned to death with a copy of "The God Delusion".

So in other words you have no evidence and aren't willing to admit that fact. Got it.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 04:29:01 pm by Pwnzerfaust »

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2010, 04:29:13 pm »

I'm not going to let you draw me out like that.

If you're so sure of yourself, let's see what you've got.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2010, 04:30:51 pm »

I'm not going to let you draw me out like that.

If you're so sure of yourself, let's see what you've got.

What I've got about what?

kuro_suna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2010, 04:31:11 pm »

Tell a fundie bacteria can evolve TO EAT RADIATION and they'll make up something about crappy soviet engineering being part of gods plan and call you a heathen for saying that makes no sense.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2010, 04:32:14 pm »

My current favorites.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Mishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2010, 04:34:09 pm »

I want to laugh at how retarded people can be but then i remember that these people ACTUALLY BELIEVE what they are saying. They can, and will, pollute other minds with the same filth.

I keep telling myself that its not their fault. They dont know. I try desperately to convince myself that this isnt the future of humanity but each and every day full of retarded comments whittles down my faith until there will be nothing left and i will become one of them (is that sentence grammatically correct? commas and whatnot?).

I see it as a failure in myself that i lack the skills to teach these kind of people. I see it as a failure in humanity that no one tries to help these people.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2010, 04:36:01 pm »

Tell a fundie bacteria can evolve TO EAT RADIATION and they'll make up something about crappy soviet engineering being part of gods plan and call you a heathen for saying that makes no sense.

Microevolution is by no means against my religion. And besides, any god that didn't give its creation some ability to adapt would be pretty stupid, right?

I was going to say what's your inconceivably convincing proof that there is no god, but scratch that. I have somewhere to be soon and don't have time for a drawn-out debate.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2010, 04:36:38 pm »

I really hope this guy was just trolling
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2010, 04:38:01 pm »

I really hope this guy was just trolling

rofl  ;D

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2010, 04:39:50 pm »

Microevolution is by no means against my religion. And besides, any god that didn't give its creation some ability to adapt would be pretty stupid, right?

Fun fact: "Macroevolution" is just a lot of "microevolution".

I was going to say what's your inconceivably convincing proof that there is no god, but scratch that. I have somewhere to be soon and don't have time for a drawn-out debate.

Ah, well, here's the thing. The burden isn't on the one who lacks belief in something to provide evidence for its non-existence; the burden is on the person making the assertion that it exists.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13