Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: World interaction  (Read 3511 times)

Boingboingsplat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World interaction
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 09:38:41 pm »

I would also like to be able to butcher dead animals. MOAR FOODZ NAO
Man, seeing how much food butchering that giant hydra gives you first hand will be awesome.

zourath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 10:40:05 pm »

Oh man, can you imagine taming animals, putting the animals in cages, and throwing the caged animals at your foes?

Also, building cage traps in the ocean to capture whales.

Also also, going to the top of a tall mountain, and building an epic water slide.

NinjaE8825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 11:14:11 am »

Guys, you're missing the most important part: CRAFTS.
JEWEL-ENCRUSTED DRAGON BONE CROWN? INFLAMMABLE DRAGONSKIN CLOAK? DECORATING YOUR SHIELD WITH THE BONES OF YOUR FORMER ENEMIES THAT ARE NOW VERY DEAD? COOKING AND EATING THEIR HEARTS?
VERY YES.
Also, you'll be able to make your own ammo.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 11:19:59 am »

if a trophy system gets implemented, this could quite possibly be more of a reason to play then dwarf mode.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 04:06:04 pm »

if a trophy system gets implemented, this could quite possibly be more of a reason to play then dwarf mode.
Make a trophy of everything you kill.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 06:03:33 pm »

Climbing would be awesome, possibly for fortress mode too. Ramp/stair digging would suffice. Vaguely curious if deconstruction would be allowed; would make town destruction much easier possible, though just channeling would allow for that too. Cave-ins for everyone!

Will be interesting to see what happens when buildings can catch on fire. First thing to do is deconstruct the down stairs in one of those multi-story housing buildings and set the thing alight. Can't help but wonder if th'AI would willingly drop a Z-level to avoid being cooked...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 06:13:36 pm »

Climbing would be awesome, possibly for fortress mode too. Ramp/stair digging would suffice. Vaguely curious if deconstruction would be allowed; would make town destruction much easier possible, though just channeling would allow for that too. Cave-ins for everyone!

Will be interesting to see what happens when buildings can catch on fire. First thing to do is deconstruct the down stairs in one of those multi-story housing buildings and set the thing alight. Can't help but wonder if th'AI would willingly drop a Z-level to avoid being cooked...
First the AI has to be programmed to realize they're on fire. Right now they don't seem to notice.

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2010, 10:30:28 pm »

I too look forward to Adventure Mode skills.  I always play as modded creatures, often some form of dragon, and while claiming a cavern and wrestling it out of the claws of some other megabeast is plenty dragonly, I want to be able to create a horrendous twisting lair and cook all the adventurers that come after me as lunch.

Which means it will also be nice when we can activate special creature attacks like dragonfirebreath in Adventure Mode.
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

Mirefrost00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2010, 11:24:18 am »

I briefly glanced in the Suggestions board when this occurred to me several days ago, found nothing.  Has anyone suggested to Toady/has he mentioned having this idea:  combining Fortress Mode and Adventurer Mode?  Ie: you can start as an adventurer, assemble a group of followers with various skill during your journeys, and any time you want to use those skills, be it for mining, butchering game, making crafts, etc., you "set up camp", switching the game to something like Fortress Mode.  In camp, you assign tasks to all party members, such as Mining, Woodcutting, Hunting/Plant Gathering (foraging for food in the wild will definitely come in handy). 

tl;dr - A toggle switch from Adventurer to Fortress and back.  :)

Having to set up at least a temporary camp makes sense, as these tasks should take some time to complete.  If you can send a few party members out to visit a nearby settlement, you could ask them to direct traders to your site next season, and so you could establish a more permanent settlement that way.  There would be an option, of course, that might turn on the full features after certain requirements had been met, so that you could establish a genuine Fortress, if you wished.  Perhaps by swearing allegiance to a local Entity, or declaring yourself as sovereign and defending your turf.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2010, 12:06:41 pm »

It's the END goal of the game development proclaimed by Toady One, so there's no need to suggest it :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Mirefrost00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2010, 12:32:10 pm »

Sweet!  Patience has carried me since the 2D builds, so shall it carry me to the days of nomadic raiding camps.  :D

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2010, 03:47:01 pm »

Sweet!  Patience has carried me since the 2D builds, so shall it carry me to the days of nomadic raiding camps.  :D

I think if we truly get the capacity to have fortress mode size fortresses made in adventure mode thats going to bring the immersion to unbelievable levels. I mean, people get attached to their dwarves as it is but imagine recruiting each of your workers personally, imagine starting out with nothing and working your way to a massive fortress with your own two hands, imagine staring out across your kingdom after countless years of work, a kingdom that you made for yourself. Imagine participating in all those wars, all those sieges, being a battle hardened, scarred warrior god among men.

It's basically heroic fantasy to the nth degree.

Duane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2010, 05:14:10 pm »

What I'd end up doing is crawling onto goblin tower roofs, channeling downward to let in some light, jumping down and just waiting as they approached.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2010, 06:19:17 pm »

What I'd end up doing is crawling onto goblin tower roofs, channeling downward to let in some light, jumping down and just waiting as they approached.
I've just slay all the inhabitants, dump them outside, and take stolen furniture and build a fortress.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Iasnek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2010, 06:54:45 pm »

Make a trophy out of everything you kill.
fixed
Pages: 1 [2] 3