Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fey Mood Cravings  (Read 680 times)

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fey Mood Cravings
« on: April 19, 2010, 10:57:20 am »

Okay, my metalsmith has just been taken by a fey mood and possessed a Metalsmith's forge. He wants silk cloth and rock bars. Where the elf do I get my hands on rock bars? Does he mean blocks? Though I've got two types of silk cloth and even more rock blocks...

Do I need to wall in my forge?

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
Re: Fey Mood Cravings
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 11:03:44 am »

Okay, my metalsmith has just been taken by a fey mood and possessed a Metalsmith's forge. He wants silk cloth and rock bars. Where the elf do I get my hands on rock bars? Does he mean blocks? Though I've got two types of silk cloth and even more rock blocks...

Do I need to wall in my forge?
From what I have gathered here and on the wiki, rock bars means metal bars.

EDIT: Especially when you consider, he's at a forge, not a mason's shop. He's going to need some metal to work with.
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 11:05:17 am »

Once you have metal bars you may want to save your game then restart. Since that sometimes kickstart your dwarf into going after them. Doing so saved a fey mood once. I think it has to do with pathing.

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 11:16:11 am »

And look at him go! I wonder what he'll make.

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 11:21:50 am »

Taronkeshshak Uvar Ram - Yellswelter the Lull of Prison
This is a brass crossbow. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of brass and cave spider silk.

Hmm.. not all that impressive. Still, it might be useful if my soldiers will actually use it.

Peasant

• Bay Watcher
  • MANY WHELPS NOW HANDLE IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 11:32:08 am »

The lull of prison? I think Armok wants you to do something.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 11:44:28 am »

Taronkeshshak Uvar Ram - Yellswelter the Lull of Prison
This is a brass crossbow. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of brass and cave spider silk.

Hmm.. not all that impressive. Still, it might be useful if my soldiers will actually use it.

That's a pretty cool name.  I can imagine your dwarf shouting at people while holding that crossbow and watch the enemy stop and sweat in a prison of fear.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Gergination

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is on fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 12:34:11 pm »

This crossbow is given to all imprisoned dwarves along with one bolt...
With [SLOW_LEARNER], dwarves probably don't sit around and talk anymore. They just stand in the same corner altogether, staring at each other, sticking their bearded lips out trying to make sounds. And giggling when someone actually says a whole word.