Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Akamrovod; Fortune Arch. Ended, see A:FA 2 for more!  (Read 8394 times)

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Akamrovod; Fortune Arch. (Community Fortress, 2010)
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2010, 03:46:19 pm »

From the diary of Ziril Gusgashsigun, 1st of Limestone, 1051.
Ah, Autumn. The leaves change color, the weather turns colder, and all the animals give birth at the same time. It was surprising, and rather disgusting. It made me think of fresh meat. Mmm veal...

Black-Hat reminded me that we still don't have a butchery, or anywhere to store the refuse; that area is being taken up by our temporary workshops. So before I can have a tasty steak dinner, I have to get the miners to dig out some stone working workshops. And for THAT to happen, I need to explain to Magia that, no, we're not building a theatre yet, and I need to tell Johann that no, we're not starting an army yet. Again.
Ugh. I hate my job. The only reason I'm not swinging from my silk rope right now is that my dear Mekboy says we need it for a well.

(I think Ziril may have S.A.D. :()

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2010, 04:52:34 pm »

From the diary of Ziril Gusgashsigun, 7th of Sandstone, 1051.

Things have been going smoothly lately, but I'm sure this is only a temporary state.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My quarters have been dug out, along with workshop space for myself and Mekboy (As soon as he pops the question... I'm sure he will, right?)

I've also designed a theatre and living space for Magia, but I haven't told her yet. I'm not sure if it's because I want to be nice and surprise her, or if I'm still resenting her for bringing all those little gems. They were such a pain to carry in!

Spoiler: Theatre (click to show/hide)
1 is the storage area for the finished goods; theatre props, costumes, makeup, ect.
2 is the stage. I'm going to dig out the area in front of it and fill it with water.
3 is the seating area. There's two more levels of this, I'll show you when it's finished.
4 is backstage; dressing rooms, actor's lounge, ect.
5 are the workshops and sleeping areas for the costume designers.
6 is Magia's house, complete with spaces for various workshops.

Because she'll be concerned with the entertainment industry soon, I've chosen Moldath to be our replacement miner. Strike the earth.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2010, 08:18:46 pm »

From the diary of Ziril Gusgashsigun, 11th of Sandstone, 1051.

Well, I knew things were going too well.
Great. And we still don't have enough beds.

From the diary of Ziril Gusgashsigun, 2nd of Timber, 1051.
We REALLY don't have enough beds!
Spoiler: Rakust Stakudrisen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fath Zasothil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Led Melbilanam (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nish Sosadducim (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kubuk Vaboktathtat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Uvash Lolokoltar (click to show/hide)
I don't remember requesting more people!
And they brought CATS with them. Why would they do this to me?

Look at it.
Plotting.
I need another drink.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2010, 02:58:02 pm »

From the diary of Ziril Gusgashsigun, 14th of Timber, 1051.

I'm spending more and more time outside lately. Mekboy tells me it's unhealthy, getting so much sun, but I keep hoping to see some sign of life in this... place. I told the miners to dig a level deeper. They haven't found anything down there either. I keep asking myself why the General sent me out here. I don't even believe in it. In a place like this, even my faith in Tobul is waning. But I have a duty, and I must stick it out to the end.

Spoiler: Wait... is that... (click to show/hide)

Tobul be praised, it's a caravan!

Let us take this time to appreciate some works of art that we will never be seeing again.

Ah, our great (former) queen!

She lived, loved, and then got eaten by a hydra.

Blah blah blah more historical figures...

Some vermin...

Wait... Skuld, what's this figure of a human doing here?!

Why are there two of them?!

Another human? Really?

An elf?! Skuld, just what is going through your mind when you make these... things?

Wait a minute... All of them journeying to the Grim Horns... Does Skuld know what we're doing here? She can't just know this off the top of her head, she would have had to research it. I know I didn't bring a history book.

Was she sent by the General too? Was it for the same reason, or does she have her own mission?

Ah, there's no time to worry about this, the caravan's coming!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2010, 03:20:03 pm »

I'll take the bowyer.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2010, 03:21:24 pm »

'Kay, what do you want to name him/have him do?

'Cause we've gots no wood to spare.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2010, 03:27:15 pm »

Name her "Little Miss Kill-you-all," and start her off with woodcutting.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2010, 03:27:46 pm »

But... There are no trees...

Well, okay!

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2010, 04:01:53 pm »

From the diary of Ziril Gusgashsigun, 14th of Timber, 1051.
I was on my way to the newly-constructed Depot when I caught Johann Schidtt shirking his duties and loitering around the Depot.
I asked him why he wasn't helping Moldath dig out the theatre, he asked me why I haven't designated a barracks yet.
He's so infuriating! We don't even need one! We've been out here for months now, and there's not even one sign of life but what we brought with us.

When I finally got to the Depot, I was happy to see that they'd brought plenty of wood with them! I can't help but wonder how they knew we needed it, since this is supposedly a forest... Argh, stop worrying, Ziril. Not everything is an actor's conspiracy.

They brought some nice ropes
but I resisted the urge to buy one! Aren't you proud of me, Mekboy?

I ran into a dwarf the other day who called herself "Little Miss Kill-you-all." I think she'd been talking to Derek, 'cause she asked me where she could go to cut some wood. As much as I like her attitude, I think she needs to stay inside more.

Speaking of which, we need more room inside. I'm appointing two more miners. How about... the soap maker and the furnace operator. Uvash and Nish.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2010, 04:17:10 pm »

Derek Issues mandate, Cow cheese [10]
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

elizar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2010, 04:23:35 pm »

The dog is a good bet for food. Hopefully it will live until we get the opposite gender dog, unless we already have dogs around. Use genetics to breed dogs, muscular and huge are desired genetics, color is up to you.

Also, do you have invaders turned off? I haven't played 31. so I don't know if that's the case with the missing wildlife. Though I recommend a cage trap corridor for those pesky goblins. Then you can strip them naked and dump them in an arena with well armed and armored dwarves ready for their title.

If there was a liason, Skuld requests amethyst gems for encrusting her crafts. They're rumored to have magical properties (just stories, nothing in the game that indicates that) but it could also be because she likes amethyst but she couldn't afford bringing them with her to the fortress. She also requests more silver nuggets, which is obvious enough.
A quick scan of the stocks menu shows that one of the dead pack animals has a bin full of silk cloth!  It is speedily unforbidden, and my moody glassmaker sprints off to retrieve his prize amongst the smoking, charred, blood-soaked ruin that is the outdoors, totally oblivious to the carnage that was instigated on his behalf.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2010, 04:26:31 pm »

I don't have invaders turned off, the wildlife is just... gone. Like the trees. Which is weird, 'cause I have animals in the other files of this world. I honestly have no idea if I did something to mess it up, but it's kinda funny. Also, I brought plenty of dogs with us with the remaining points, but I'll buy this one for meat.  :P

elizar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2010, 04:33:13 pm »

Still, I recommend a breeding program for muscular/huge dogs. More meat in the later generations of the dogs. Train the female dogs, butcher the male dogs with exception of the best of the best.

Strange though about your missing wildlife. Perhaps it's all spawning in the undiscoverd caves?
A quick scan of the stocks menu shows that one of the dead pack animals has a bin full of silk cloth!  It is speedily unforbidden, and my moody glassmaker sprints off to retrieve his prize amongst the smoking, charred, blood-soaked ruin that is the outdoors, totally oblivious to the carnage that was instigated on his behalf.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2010, 04:35:07 pm »

I hope so! I'm a bit scared of digging down yet, since we still don't have the infrastructure completely set up, but maybe I should just tunnel down? For kicks?

elizar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2010, 04:37:33 pm »

I would wait for the military to be strong and trained before doing anything like that! Digging down unprepared and get a forgotten beast is a recipe for deaths and plague!

Still, your fort, your story, your decision ;)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9