Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Akamrovod; Fortune Arch. Ended, see A:FA 2 for more!  (Read 8397 times)

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
Re: Akamrovod; Fortune Arch. (Community Fortress, 2010)
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2010, 08:03:48 pm »

Ok I need an area for a pasture, and then I need a farmer's workshop so I can get milking. There will be cheese, lots of cheese. Cheder for all!
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2010, 08:29:44 pm »

Above ground or below ground pasture?

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2010, 08:39:49 pm »

Above ground, makes the milk taste better.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Purple Mage

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2010, 11:12:53 pm »

Dig strait into the nearest mountainside, can't have the costumes ruined by the rain, especially since I've heard nasty things about the weather around here

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2010, 01:47:56 pm »

From the diary of Ziril Gusgashsigun, 6th of Granite, 1051

Well, we finally finished digging the entrance hall. I had planned to just make it a straight tunnel to where we're putting the depot, but Mekboy advised against it. Well, that's how I interpreted "That's just what they want you to do!" to mean, and not that he's insane.

Let me state this for the record: Mekboy is most definitely not insane, and he certainly did not construct a park that defied euclidean geometry. He just designed it.

Work on Black-Hat's pasture is going slowly, but he doesn't seem to mind. What he does mind is the size.

But really, it's not my fault it's so small! If I were to make it any larger, enemies could climb over from the mountainside... In fact, I'm worrying that we might need a roof for it too, but that might defeat his intentions of an open air pasture... I'll have to ask him.
In the meantime, everyone else is working on getting their junk precious things inside, though Skuld has already made it clear that she'd prefer to be smoothing and subsequently vandalizing every single stone surface. One thing that should make her happy is that we found a native silver vein!

I'm a bit apprehensive about digging it out now, as our miners are currently... Not so great. I hope they don't read this.

P.S. I know how to make it up to Black Hat AND get those miner some experience! I expanded the pasture underground (In case it starts raining acid rain, I've heard horror stories...) And I designated a house for him!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 02:01:43 pm by Faden »

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2010, 02:05:10 pm »

From the diary of Ziril Gusgashsigun, 10th of Granite, 1051

Work is still going slowly on the pasture, but there's good news for Skuld. We struck more native silver! The stuff seems to be all over the place.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2010, 02:34:13 pm »

From the diary of Ziril Gusgashsigun, 22nd of Granite, 1051
Dear diary,
I cannot, will not suppress my feelings any longer. I love Mekboy!

Everything about him! His beautiful beard, his cobalt eyes, even the deliberate way he speaks when he gets angry!
We're so similar, too! We both worship Tobul, we're both masons, it's like we were made for each other!

[This goes on for several pages]

Right, well enough about that hunk, back to business.
We finished the pasture above ground, but all the dogs are in there with the livestock! It's quite a puzzle, I guess I'll have to order Derek to make a cage or something. I'm sure he'd love a break from hauling stuff.

Speaking of working, look at me and Mekboy, in our temporary workshops!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He's so cute when he's working...[/i]
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 12:00:16 pm by Faden »

elizar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2010, 02:44:24 pm »

Skuld is at the moment just chanting "Silver nuggets" over and over again, and between duties she stops by to look at the silver veins. ;D If she ever gets mood, try to make sure that the base material is silver nugget. ;) But if it happens accidentally anyway and she grabs something else before you can act, it's okay.
A quick scan of the stocks menu shows that one of the dead pack animals has a bin full of silk cloth!  It is speedily unforbidden, and my moody glassmaker sprints off to retrieve his prize amongst the smoking, charred, blood-soaked ruin that is the outdoors, totally oblivious to the carnage that was instigated on his behalf.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2010, 02:45:03 pm »

From the journal of Black-Hat Kerliglibash, Granite 1st;
Today I was out at the royal ranch, checking on the heard, when the call came
"Strike the earth!" shouted the mountain crier
I stopped him and asked "What is this all about?"
"The mountain homes are sending out an expedition, and they need volunteers to make an out-post." he said enthusiastically.
"Are you saying, that they are just giving land to who ever can make an out-post on it?" I said
"Well yes... I guess that's true."
I smile and say "Sign me up."

From the journal of Black-Hat Kerliglibash, Granite the 8th;
I ask for a pasture, I get two! a small grazing field above ground (I hope we can grow High Land Grass up there) and
A full sized ranch inside. I hope pasture under ground is in sand, (Under ground trees grow in sand caves)
Now to see about that Farmer's workshop. With it up I can make good cheese that we can trade or cook.

r3d5kull

• Bay Watcher
  • Hows this look for professional.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2010, 03:14:01 pm »

Damn!

I'll just have to be more friendly I guess I'll just forget the scheming for now.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2010, 03:21:11 pm »

From the Diary of Ziril Gusgashsigun 13th of Slate,
Time to get productive! We've weathered the first storm

No one died, despite what the General had me believing. I'm beginning to suspect that this place isn't as dangerous as she made it sound. Really, the only thing that still creeps me out is the fact that we haven't seen any wild life since we got here...

I've ordered work to start on excavating the silver vein, I plan to place Skuld's work and living areas somewhere along it. She insisted. Persistantly. It was a bit creepy, to be honest. I think she doesn't just like silver, I think she may be
in love with silver!

Speaking of strange companions, Black Hat.

As much as he cares for those cows, the first time he went to make cheese, this happened.

It's not THAT dangerous, Mysterious Mr. Black Hat!

(Haha, don't worry r3d5kull, there are other ways to have a rebellion :D)

r3d5kull

• Bay Watcher
  • Hows this look for professional.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2010, 03:25:02 pm »

(Haha, don't worry r3d5kull, there are other ways to have a rebellion :D)

This is what a clapping emote is made for... Lol

elizar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2010, 03:59:03 pm »

I like the fort so far!

A quick scan of the stocks menu shows that one of the dead pack animals has a bin full of silk cloth!  It is speedily unforbidden, and my moody glassmaker sprints off to retrieve his prize amongst the smoking, charred, blood-soaked ruin that is the outdoors, totally oblivious to the carnage that was instigated on his behalf.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2010, 04:08:22 pm »

Speaking of strange companions, Black Hat.

As much as he cares for those cows, the first time he went to make cheese, this happened.[/i]

It's not THAT dangerous, Mysterious Mr. Black Hat!

THAT WEREN'T NO COW! THAT WAS A GLO'DAR'N HORSE! FREAKY APPLE EATERS, GIVE ME THE HIBY GIBYS.

Randomonioum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2010, 04:25:08 pm »

I dont suppose when there is need for a military, I could get a hold of a swordsdwarf, could I?
If you gave them a biome then the Elves may indeed start turning up with Wagons in cages.
Well, it does tie in to the fact that personality-wise, dragons are nothing more than gigantic, scaly, firebreathing cats.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9