Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Akamrovod; Fortune Arch. Ended, see A:FA 2 for more!  (Read 8385 times)

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Akamrovod; Fortune Arch. (Community Fortress, 2010)
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2010, 10:12:39 pm »

From the diary of Ziril Gusgashsigun, 10th of Hematite, 1052.
Dear diary, I know I haven't written in a while, but I have a very good reason, I assure you.
Several, actually.
The first is that I have been locked into my room, and have been unable to reach you.

Worse, I've been stuck in my room with the Outpost Liason, who followed me around, timidly asking if I have time to conclude the formalities. No, I don't have time for that when I'm formulating an escape!

I finally got out with help from Mekboy, he built a lever to open the door. It took him a while to get around to it, though.

And so,the second reason is that I've had more pressing issues to address. For example, retaking control of my fortress from Johann. That's right, Johann.

Apparently, from what I've been able to piece together of this mess, he locked me in my room as soon as he saw a caravan on the horizon.

He then proceeded to name himself "Dictator for Life" and decided that he was in control of both military and diplomatic affairs.

Unfortunately for us all, he is not a great diplomat.

When he discovered that the caravan was Elven, he seized all the goods and kicked them out.

After we ran out of wood, again, he determined that finding a cavern was top priority. And to my amazement, he actually did find one.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(The third reason was just that I forgot.)

Now to sort this mess out. First things first, I gotta wall up that cavern.

(Anyone know an easy way to put up a map that's not just going screen by screen and piecing it together in photoshop?)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 10:15:18 pm by Faden »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2010, 11:03:33 pm »

<escape> - "Export Local Image." Choose your z-level(s) and press e.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2010, 02:22:31 pm »

Black-hat hummed a jaunty tune as walked down the halls of Fortune Arch. With water from the new well he washed off the blood from his good work. The blood covered the ground now. "I hope the soap maker can clean this up." He said.
then noticed the trade depot and that Johann had carved *Dictator for Life* on his own door. "I'm going to have to talk to that boy." commented Black-hat in pasting, but for now he would continue to draw up THE PLANS

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
PFFCFFFFFFFCFFP
PCTTFFFDFFFTTCP
PFTTCFFFFFCTTFP
PFCFFFFFFFFFCFP
PFFFFGGGGGFFFFP
PFCTFGWWWGFTCFP
PFCTFGWWWGFTCFP
PFFFFGGGGGFFFFP
PFFCFFFFFFFCFFP
PCTTFFFDFFFTTCP
PFTTCFFFFFCTTFP
PFCFFFFFFFFFCFP
PPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

P= Platinum wall
C= Silver thrown
T= Crystal glass table
F= Glass floor
G= Clear Glass wall
W= Falling water
D= Dancer/wait staff
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2010, 02:30:38 pm »

Ahem.
Can I request a dwarfing?
If so, I'll take Moldath Logemocig, renamed Kadzar, with the custom profession, "Assistant to Miss Ostathonul".
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2010, 02:40:36 pm »

(Thanks, Urist!)
From the diary of Ziril Gusgashsigun, 10th of Hematite, 1052.

As I descended, I saw a multitude of alluring ores, including platinum, and gold!
But a similar wealth of minerals awaited below.
When I got down to the level where the miners had hit the cavern, I noticed something strange.
No trees, no animals, no shrubs. The cavern was as dead as the land above it.

I guess... We have no choice.

That madman Johann started us on this course of action, and now an intense curiosity propels me forward.

We must dig deeper.

(Sorry Kadzar, I have your dwarf in the system but I'm still not sure how to introduce him in the story. I think I can get to it in the next update or so, when I have the completed theatre. Black-Hat: I think you just designed the royal dining hall! Do pump stacks still work?)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2010, 02:43:33 pm »

what exactly is wrong with this map!?

why are there no trees for me to show my amazing psychopathity to?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2010, 02:45:19 pm »

I think I did something, somehow, and messed it up! I think we all realize what I must do now: DIG DEEPER.

It'd be funny if we reach the clown house and don't find any clowns.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2010, 03:01:16 pm »

(Sorry Kadzar, I have your dwarf in the system but I'm still not sure how to introduce him in the story. I think I can get to it in the next update or so, when I have the completed theatre. Black-Hat: I think you just designed the royal dining hall! Do pump stacks still work?)
That's fine, I just wanted to make sure you didn't miss my post. And pump stacks do still work in the new version. I have first-hand knowledge of this fact from when I embarked on a human town and flooded it with  the aquifer a few z-levels below ground.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2010, 03:26:05 pm »

Excerpts from the thoughts of Nish Sosadducim; Miner and a Patron of the Arts, during the Dictatorship of Johann Schditt.

~The theatre is almost complete, and yet this... "Johann" has us digging a mining shaft! As though we were common laborers. Lady Magia and her self-appointed assistant agree, I'm told she has some wonderful ideas for the opening play.

~I can't help but wonder where our leader has gone. Kadzar heard a rumor that she locked herself in her room. Perhaps she's working on some props for the stage?
It's a pity that there aren't any Unicorns, we could have put on an authentic production of Urist McCanic and the Waterfall of Eternal Booze...
Ah, but my wife would disapprove of such daydreaming, bless 'er heart.
Back to work.

Excerpts from the thoughts of Nish Sosadducim; Miner and a Patron of the Arts, during Ziril's Madness

~Well, it seems as though our leader is not dead. I can't vouch for her sanity, however.
Just the other day, she dropped a mule into the cavern!
She had originally intended to drop Ast's cat; Ziril told him it was "For the greater good!"
And then she started laughing.
We hid the cat just in time.

~Our leader still hasn't done anything about the Johann situation, other than shrug. I think her days spent locked up in her room may have caused her to go a little mad.

~She's ordered us to dig deeper! I fear that the theatre may never be completed.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2010, 03:56:28 pm »

From the Diary of Ziril Gusgashsigun, 19th of Hematite, 1052.

Our scout has failed.

If only I had used a cat, they always land on their feet...

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2010, 04:04:31 pm »

On his way to wash off the blood again(Got to keep the pet population under control ^_^), Black-hat came upon a group of Dwarfs with Dwarfs. The Dwarfs were complaining. "No trees" they kept mumbling.
"You all know how to make a tree farm right?" said Black-hat
He was met with blank looks
*Sigh* "Ok first you dig out a big cave, then cover floor with water (Place a zone on the cave floor with the pond tag) then when it fills to shin level (1 hex deep) just let it dry and trees should grow there. Now would you all move aside so I can clean up?!"
The blood went all about the well again, then he grabbed the nearest cat and headed back to work, humming merrily as he went.

moments later a yell was heard from Butcher shop "Oy! Who nicked my plans for second level of Prismatic temple!"
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2010, 04:05:45 pm »

From the Diary of Ziril Gusgashsigun, 19th of Hematite, 1052.
Ahahahahahaha!
We did it again!
We found another one!

And theres. Still. No. LIFE!

WHY ARE WE CONDEMNED TO THIS BARREN LAND?

(If we don't find anything on the third layer, I'm digging straight to the circus. Also, no trees are growing on the muddy soil. :()

r3d5kull

• Bay Watcher
  • Hows this look for professional.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2010, 04:18:13 pm »

Man I was hoping that my guy would be more off a people person Dictator. At least let him reach an agreement with Ziril

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2010, 04:23:40 pm »

Ugh, there's nothing on the third floor either. Should I just start over? I think this map is glitched or something.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9