Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Akamrovod; Fortune Arch. Ended, see A:FA 2 for more!  (Read 8382 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Akamrovod; Fortune Arch. (Community Fortress, 2010)
« Reply #105 on: April 25, 2010, 04:45:06 pm »

Sure, but have everyone killed by HFS first.

Play the next one as an expedition to eliminate our downstairs neighbors..

With a happy go lucky psychopath axedwarf named Derm at the Head of the Military of course.

Try to get a house if possible.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2010, 04:48:02 pm »

NO! keep it. We can become a trade capital! FORTUNE ARCH WILL BE A PARADISE IN THE BARREN LAND!
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 25, 2010, 04:50:36 pm »

1 vote for, 1 against.

The mission was to kill the Hydra, for those wondering, but it's looking like that might not even be possible on this map. :(

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2010, 04:51:27 pm »

We should set up a new theater in a non-bugged world. But first, check out the Funhouse.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 25, 2010, 04:53:13 pm »

Screw over the world first. Then you can leave.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

elizar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 25, 2010, 04:54:46 pm »

Open hell, then see what's there to see. I vote restart in a new thread.
A quick scan of the stocks menu shows that one of the dead pack animals has a bin full of silk cloth!  It is speedily unforbidden, and my moody glassmaker sprints off to retrieve his prize amongst the smoking, charred, blood-soaked ruin that is the outdoors, totally oblivious to the carnage that was instigated on his behalf.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 25, 2010, 04:55:01 pm »

Okay, so should I start a new thread for the new fort?

Should I still call it Fortune Arch? ('Cause I do like the name.)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 25, 2010, 04:57:17 pm »

Hm... Save that for a wealth fort. This shall be a military fort, with the troops lead by the worlds most unstable Dwarf.

Mine!

hehehehehehehe...

call it...
Deathmurder!
It's so cliche it HAS to work!
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

elizar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 25, 2010, 04:57:32 pm »

Fortune Arch, the one with wildlife!

Open hell, let's see what's inside.

Still, the problem with no wildlife or invaders or any demons and whatnot makes for a challenging fort to write for.
A quick scan of the stocks menu shows that one of the dead pack animals has a bin full of silk cloth!  It is speedily unforbidden, and my moody glassmaker sprints off to retrieve his prize amongst the smoking, charred, blood-soaked ruin that is the outdoors, totally oblivious to the carnage that was instigated on his behalf.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 25, 2010, 04:59:04 pm »

Do it dwarvenly though. Dump the magma sea and all the underground seas into the fun pit.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 25, 2010, 05:15:51 pm »

Hm... Save that for a wealth fort. This shall be a military fort, with the troops lead by the worlds most unstable Dwarf.

Mine!

hehehehehehehe...

call it...
Deathmurder!
It's so cliche it HAS to work!
I thought this was a wealth fort...
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 25, 2010, 05:17:18 pm »

I'm really not sure what those terms mean. I want the fort to be prosperous, but it does need a military to defend it, right? Next time, I'm bringing some copper weapons to put into weapon traps.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 25, 2010, 05:17:58 pm »

Edit: Screw it, I don't even know what I meant.

LETS DO THIS DEEEEERM! SOOOUUULCHOPEEER!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 05:19:45 pm by dermonster »

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 25, 2010, 05:45:15 pm »

From the Diary of Ziril Gusgashsigun, 27th of Hematite, 1052.

We found it... The Legendary Ore!

This.. This makes up for everything! Who cares if there's life here? There's Adamantine!

Everyone! Stop what you're doing and mine! I don't care if you don't have picks, use your bare hands!

From the Diary of Ziril Gusgashsigun, 21st of Galena, 1052.

Today we pierced through the magma sea, in our vein of Adamantine!
This is glorious! I can only imagine where it will lead us.
Perhaps the core of the world itself is Adamantine?!

From the Diary of Ziril Gusgashsigun, 28th of Galena, 1052.

Oh Tobul... That's not Adamantine! Quick! Kill it with magma!

Many years later, engraved into the walls of an abandoned fort, again and again, are the words:

WE DUG TOO DEEP.
WE DUG TOO DEEP.
WE DUG TOO DEEP.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 25, 2010, 05:54:11 pm »

Demons:
Banshee of Soot: A gigantic hadrosaurid composed of ash. It has a pair of squat antennae and it squirms and fidgets.
Snow Devil: An enormous tick composed of snow. It has a twisting, jointed trunk and it has a bloated body.
Bushtit Demon: A huge eyeless bushtit. It has three short tails and it is slavering. Its brown feathers are long and narrow. Beware its poisonous bite!
Specter of Fire: A great blob composed of flame. It has a broad shell and it undulates rhythmically.
White Phantom: A huge quadruped composed of salt. It has large mandibles and it has a bloated body. Beware its deadly dust!
Cinders Spirit: A huge darkling beetle composed of ash. It has a knobby shell and it undulates rhythmically. Beware its poisonous sting!
Eyeless Fiend: A great eyeless fruit bat. It has two long, curly tails and it has a bloated body. Beware its deadly blood!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9