Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Akamrovod; Fortune Arch. Ended, see A:FA 2 for more!  (Read 8383 times)

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Akamrovod; Fortune Arch. Ended, see A:FA 2 for more!
« on: April 18, 2010, 05:53:21 pm »

This is my first Community Fortress! I'm playing vanilla DF, currently 31.03 but I will be switching to the new versions as they come out if they are save-compatible. 

The world we will be playing on is Athira Ametha; The Plane of Winds
Spoiler: The World (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: World Gen Parameters (click to show/hide)
You may notice that we have 10000 embark points to spend. This is for several reasons, the most important reason being so that we can bring many animals to breed and butcher for food so that our dwarves don't starve. One effect of this is that you may spend 5 of the 10 points as you wish--unless you wish to be a fisherdwarf. That's not going to happen.  :-\
In addition, you may choose some items to bring along!

Since I've heard about an 'acid rain' bug and we're embarking in a scorching biome, I'm turning the weather OFF...
Spoiler: Embark Site (click to show/hide)

Starting Dwarves:
Spoiler: Nish "Derek" Morulam (click to show/hide)

There will be 2 Miners, 1 Mechanic, 1 Stonecrafter, 1 Carpenter, 1 Mason and of course, 1 Butcher.
You may pick:
 ~Which dwarf you wish to be (renaming him/her, if you so choose.)
 ~Your profession from those listed
 ~Where you want to invest your other 5 points
 ~What you want to bring from the Mountain Homes
Feel free to give suggestions about what I should do next, especially where it concerns your dwarf!

(Note: Posted by accident, still setting up! Okay! Ready for applicants. In the meantime, Why not also throw out suggestions for the Group name?) Got it!

Now, we have the starting seven, but feel free to join in any time you see an available dwarf you like!

Our Noble Civ:
The Worthy Tongs, Dwarves
 Worship List
  Urdim Bronzeoils, deity: mountains, caverns, earth
  Tobul, deity: jewels, wealth, trade
  Inod, deity: fortresses, war
  Geshud the Fenced Dignity, deity: laws, justice
  Œbmat, deity: light, rainbows

Our Glorious Leaders:

King: Etur Kollor (Wheelstool)
Diplomat: Ustuth Ustuthrithar (Fencetrammled)
General: Mafol Kilrudsebsur(Bronzevale)
Outpost Liason: Unib Rulushast (Splashsabres)

Our Ancestral Homes:

1: Onulartob (Mirrorcombined) founded by Nil Keshan (The Hammers of Flame)
26: Mountain Home: Unib Sebir (The Rag of Hides) founded Udildakas (Lanterncolored)
1051: Akamrovod (Fortune Arch) was founded by Sedishmulash Bidok(The Infamous Confederacy of Acting)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 07:40:55 pm by Faden »

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Akamrovod; Fortune Arch. (Community Fortress, 2010)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 06:13:48 pm »

Waiting List!

Currently Available Dwarves:

Spoiler: Nil Fashthob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fath Zasothil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Led Melbilanam (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kubuk Vaboktathtat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Uvash Lolokoltar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sarvesh Regnokgol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kubuk Dalzatdegel (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Edem Olimamot (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inod Nilgeb (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mebzuth Tiristetar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kadol Akrulorshar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Avuz Imikkeskal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Olin Osoroddom (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Urvad Steliditon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Goden Cerolgidthur (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kubuk Zulbandak (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Erith Obokibesh (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Udib Atheldeduk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bomrek Berkonad (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sazir Okangsakzul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Muthkat Atulnish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rakust Keskalekzong (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Astesh Azinvabok (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kel Stukosatham (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ast Lolorning (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zefon Zasitreg (click to show/hide)

Currently Taken Dwarves:

Spoiler: Edem Onulabir (click to show/hide)

Currently Dead Dwarves of Importance:

None
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 03:00:04 pm by Faden »

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 06:14:27 pm »

Spoiler: Summary (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 01:22:19 pm by Faden »

elizar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 06:35:45 pm »

I think I'll take Rimtar Kelcagith. Rename her Skuld. Spend her points to make her stonecrafting skill even better with a dash of engraving. If that is not allowed, make it engraving and other creative stuff such as carpentry or masonry.

What she would like to bring from the mountainhome is native silver rocks, which she'll use to make crafts, toys or instruments, which are not to be traded away. Hopefully she'll in time claim ownership of those crafts, toys and instruments.

Having Great Creativity and Fertile Imagination may make some interesting crafts or engravings.
A quick scan of the stocks menu shows that one of the dead pack animals has a bin full of silk cloth!  It is speedily unforbidden, and my moody glassmaker sprints off to retrieve his prize amongst the smoking, charred, blood-soaked ruin that is the outdoors, totally oblivious to the carnage that was instigated on his behalf.

Mekboy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEGABEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 06:46:48 pm »

I'll claim Rodvok and make him the mechanic. Call him Mekboy. Put the rest of the points into masonry (I firmly believe in two starting masons. Plus it means I can build stuff).

Bring microline blocks. They're pretty.

Have me build some ridiculous traps and defences (Lava filled airlocks to stop intruders, collapsing floors et.c.).

As for the fortress name: Sedishmulash Bidok, The infamous confederacy of acting.
Quote from: CatalystParadox
Aw, Mekboy! A song for meeeee?
You're so sweet.  Why don't you just come in here so I can give you a hug.
... bring my pants.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
You seem to be under the illusion that we give a shit about what happens to dwarves who are too dumb to live.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 06:48:07 pm »

Ah, the fortress name is Akamrovod, but it sounds good to me as the Group name. :D

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 07:13:50 pm »

I would like Mosus Kerliglibash, give him the name Black-Hat and make him the Butcher.
1 point in Animal training, 2 points in Animal care, 1 point in milking, and 1 point in cheese making.

I would like two bulls, two cows, ten buckets, ten barrels, and four wooden logs
I'll start a fine ranch for grade a beef and fine cheese.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 07:18:25 pm »

I would like two bulls, two cows,
With 10000 available points, you are getting ten cows and ten bulls. What's more, you can decide which ones get the axe!
Skill up! Animal husbandry!

The traits that will be selectively bred into the other animal populations will be decided by the fortress as a whole.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 07:29:57 pm »

Just posting to tell you something, I embarked on a mountain once, it lead to less Cavern+Magma Sea Z-levels. :(

Watching until I feel like joining.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 07:38:17 pm »

I'll breed 'em big and fat, with good tough hide! I hope get a good tanner, I want nice boots for my work ^_~
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 07:40:44 pm »

Actually, I made a parallel save before I embarked, to make sure I wanted to play there. I didn't dig, but I watched the water (It didn't dry up! I still didn't see any fish, though.) and counted the z-levels; There are 119 Z-levels to the top of the mountain from the forested area, and 129 z-levels below the forested area.  :o

Also, Unicorns!
And Skeletons!

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 08:03:22 pm »

Also, Unicorns!
was all I really saw, and my first thought was Unicorn cheese.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2010, 08:04:40 pm »

I too, share that dream... We just have to survive and get a dungeon master...

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2010, 09:03:50 pm »

Y'know what? I'm choosing a character now so that we don't get stuck with an expedition leader who likes Adamantine. *Shudder*
I choose Reg Gusgashsigun, and will name her Ziril. I'll wait to assign any skills to her until everyone else gets a dwarf.

From the diary of Ziril Gusgashsigun, Granite 1st, 1050

I was watching the Thespian Societies production of "Little Urist and the Cheesecake Factory" at the time. It had just reached the end of the second act; two of the five children had been involved in "unfortunate accidents" and it was now time for the intermission. As my friends discussed the low production value of the play, and various mishaps therein, I headed towards the concession stand.

That was a mistake.

As I waited in line, a dwarf wearing exotic red clothing approached me, and said that I would be joining The Infamous Confederacy of Acting.

At first I was perplexed. Why was I being conscripted into a theater group?

As he turned and walked away, motioning for me to follow him, I saw the royal insignia sewn onto his cloak.

Purple Mage

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I'll take Ablel renamed to Magia as a miner with the rest of my points in  clothier, dyer, gem setter, weaver, and gem cutter(one of each). Think amateur costume designer.
I'll bring cloth of any type along with some dye and a few gems.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9