Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Strange mood: need bone creating reaction for 31.03 please  (Read 2669 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Strange mood: need bone creating reaction for 31.03 please
« on: April 18, 2010, 02:13:11 pm »

Hi, so one of my Dwarves is about to go Berserk if he doesn't get some bones for his strange mood. I have placeholder/dead reactions in the raws to substitute out, if you can still do that.

Does anyone have a working reaction for bones?

All I get from the butcher shop is skeletons.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Migliori

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strange mood: need bone creating reaction for 31.03 please
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 02:32:17 pm »

I had a Dwarf asking for body parts, which the wiki lists as bones.  Even when bones were available (butchering from animal menu) he wouldn't pick them up, so even then it might not be the solution.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 02:36:59 pm »

I had a Dwarf asking for body parts, which the wiki lists as bones.  Even when bones were available (butchering from animal menu) he wouldn't pick them up, so even then it might not be the solution.

What is?

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 02:46:57 pm »

You must need cartilage or something similar.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 03:01:54 pm »

he's asking for bones....

Please don't quote me.

Leotto

• Bay Watcher
  • Rumplord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 03:04:52 pm »

Not, shell?

Fullmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Elfless
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 03:17:10 pm »

A shell is fine too.
I think, it is something like SHELL:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:TURTLE:SHELL. Don't know token names for bones.

[offtopic]
My L Miner died recently due to lack of shells.
Or bugged mood. I mean, he isn't supposed to change list of needed items, right? And he asked for bars-rough gems-shells, and then for bars-rock-cloth-rough gems.
Quote from: Fishbulb
I got an artifact cave spider silk sock this morning. It's worth 5,720 dwarfbucks, and it doesn't menace with spikes of anything.
Dwarfs don't have issues.  Dwarfs merely have inspiration for the legendary artifact they will one day make.
Quote from: Urist son of Urist
Considering the general state of DF, I think Einstein and Newton are already rotating fast enough that you could hook them up to pumps and use them to kill Elves.

Grozak

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 03:33:15 pm »

I'm having this same issue.  Dwarf Child in my craft workshop looking for "Body Parts" but I've got just about everything in my stockpile.

I have: skulls, hair, partial and full skeletons, goblin parts (arms, etc.), bones, hooves, cartilage, horn, and nervous system.
The only thing I think I'm missing is shell or maybe scales?

Fullmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Elfless
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 03:42:06 pm »

Found something. Try this.
CORPSEPIECE:SHELL:CREATURE_MAT:TURTLE:SHELL
CORPSEPIECE:BONE:CREATURE_MAT:CAT:BONE
Quote from: Fishbulb
I got an artifact cave spider silk sock this morning. It's worth 5,720 dwarfbucks, and it doesn't menace with spikes of anything.
Dwarfs don't have issues.  Dwarfs merely have inspiration for the legendary artifact they will one day make.
Quote from: Urist son of Urist
Considering the general state of DF, I think Einstein and Newton are already rotating fast enough that you could hook them up to pumps and use them to kill Elves.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 03:58:21 pm »

CORPSEPIECE:SHELL:CREATURE_MAT:TURTLE:SHELL
CORPSEPIECE:BONE:CREATURE_MAT:CAT:BONE

Can I get the full copy and paste version please? Things seem to be very different between d40 and 2010.

Please don't quote me.

Keuran

• Bay Watcher
  • not made of spiders
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 05:26:04 pm »

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:BONES_TEST]
[NAME:make bones]
[BUILDING:KITCHEN:CUSTOM_Z]
[PRODUCT:100:1:CORPSEPIECE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:ELF:BONE]
[SKILL:COOK]

Is what it would look like, except that corpsepiece doesn't make anything when used as a product in reactions. It it might be like creature_mat where you have an extra : to specify what type of corpse piece it is, but otherwise, I have no idea. I did a bunch of testing the yesterday and found out that bones can be made into pretty much anything except body parts.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 07:54:26 pm »

I see, thank you but it seems not to have worked.

Simply put I do not yet understand this version so the err is probably mine. I copied and pasted the text into the raw reactions file and deleted an empty set reaction. (replaced it).

Should I put it in "custom reactions?" Should I copy it to the save folder?

In short, what am I doing wrong?

Please don't quote me.

Leotto

• Bay Watcher
  • Rumplord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 03:16:03 am »

You have to put it in the raws in the save folder, and edit entities_default if you don't paste over an old reaction. Apparently.

To make things easy…
Code: (Before:) [Select]
[REACTION:BLACK_BRONZE_MAKING]
[NAME:make black bronze bars]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:300:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:COPPER]
[REAGENT:B:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:SILVER]
[REAGENT:C:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:GOLD]
[PRODUCT:100:4:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:BLACK_BRONZE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[FUEL]
[SKILL:SMELT]

Code: (After:) [Select]
[REACTION:BLACK_BRONZE_MAKING]
[NAME:make bones]
[BUILDING:KITCHEN:CUSTOM_Z]
[PRODUCT:100:1:CORPSEPIECE:SHELL:CREATURE_MAT:TURTLE:SHELL]
[PRODUCT:100:1:CORPSEPIECE:BONE:CREATURE_MAT:ELF:BONE]
[SKILL:COOK]

and then change it back after, or don't.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 03:22:37 am by Leotto »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 03:18:43 am »

No, you should generate a new world. You cannot add new reactions to existing save.

The only way for it to work is to replace some existing reaction in the save folder with it, without changing its name tag.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 01:29:27 pm »

No, you should generate a new world.

The entire point is to save the moody dwarf from a glitchkill. I have numerous skeletons, but no bones....

Please don't quote me.
Pages: [1] 2