Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chem and bio  (Read 1090 times)

narakal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Chem and bio
« on: April 18, 2010, 12:09:36 pm »

So basically, I am a freshman taking AP bio and AP chem next year. However, this is following taking chem over summer, and I have heard that both the summer school and AP's are hellishly hard. Thus, what do you guys think are the best ways to survive this load?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chem and bio
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 12:29:41 pm »

Study each subject every day for an hour.  Not "study while IMing friends" or "study while sitting around listening to music" or "study while eating."  Just study.  Study hard, and do it every day, and you'll be fine.

Also, start revising for the AP test in January, and do a more thorough second runthrough two months before the exam.  If you do this, it's pretty easy to get a 5.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 03:06:15 pm »

Meanwhile, I'm still taking the CRCT every year...

Joking.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 03:15:15 pm »

AP's aren't as hard as people say. I got through 5 of em my last year at HS and I was 15 at the time. You'll do just fine, provided you study regularly and keep on top of things as they come.

narakal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 06:58:37 pm »

XD, that is reassuring. Apparently junior year is going to be about the in terms of loadout also, so it shouldn't be too bad then.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 01:02:44 pm »

Oh, and one friendly advice. Although I'm from czech, the chemistry cannot be wildly different. THINK ABOUT EVERYTHING. Seriously. Chemistry has few basic principles (which are taught on elementary and grammar schools here), which you need to grasp. They are the foundation for your further studies. You cannot understand the citric acid cycle if you have no idea of redox.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 10:21:34 am »

Combine both subjects and blow fluffy creatures up.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

matthiaspaco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 07:20:59 pm »

Cook up a hairbrained scheme to get your hands on all the teacher's test materials. I'll get the ball rolling: sexy seduction of teacher.