Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Battle of the gods ζ: OoC thread.  (Read 8343 times)

yousodumb

• Bay Watcher
  • The bringer of doom....and pancakes.
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the gods ζ: OoC thread.
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 02:59:22 am »

Code: [Select]
1   5    0    5    0    5    0   4

[[[[[[[[[[||||||||\\~--*********** 34
[[[[[[[[[|\|||||||\\~^-*****~*****
[[[[[[||[|\\\\\\\\\\\~^-**********
[[[[||||||\^^^^^^^^\~^---*********
||||||~~~**-|||||-^^~***--********  30
||||||~~~**----|-^^~^***--********
||||||~~~***--|--^^^~^^**--*******
||||||~~~***-|----^^^~^\\*--******
||||||~~~~*-|||||-^^~^^^^*********
|||\\\\\\\~~-----^^^~^^^^^^\******  25
\\\----\---~^^^^^^^^^~^^^^^^\*****
-----------~^^^^^^^^~^^^^^^^\\\\**
---****---~^^^^^^^^^^~^^^-^^\-----
--******--~~^^^^^^^^~-------------
************~------~---------|||--  20
************~-^^--~-------||::::|-
||*********~^^^^--~{{{{{{{{{::::--
|||-|||---||~~^^^~{{----{{{{::::::
||-\---\----|~~^^~~{---------:-:::
|--\\\\\^^--|||~^^~{--\-------\---  15
|-\\\\\\^^---||~~|~-\\\\\\---\\\--
|-\\\\--^^^---||~~~~\\\\\\\-\\\\--
-\\\\-----^^---|||~~\\\\\\\\\\\--\
\\\\\-----^^---|||~~-------\\:\\\\
\\\\\\\\\--^^-----~~---------::\\{  10
----\\\\\\-^^---\\~~{{{{{{----::{{
\\-\\\\\\\\--^-\\\~~{{{{{{{---::{{
\\\\\\\\\\\---^\\\~{{{::::{{-{{:{{
\\\\\\\\-\\-------~{{{::::{{{{:{{{
\\\\\\\--\--------~{{{{::::{{::::{  5
\\\\\\---\--------~{{{{{::::{:::::
\\\\\---\----------~{{{{::::::::::
\\\\\---\----¿------~{{{::::::::::
\\\\\-\\\----Z-----~{{{{::::::::::  1

\= hills  -=plains |= tall mountain *=desert
:=wetlands {=swamp ~=water/river [=Glacier

Done. That good?
I'm not insulting you.... unless you think I am.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 07:54:40 am »

So this would be my starting position?

[[[[[[[[[[||||||||\A~--*********** 34
[[[[[[[[[|\|||||||\ä~^-*****~*****
[[[[[[||[|\\\\\\\\\\\~^-**********

\= hills  -=plains |= tall mountain *=desert
:=wetlands {=swamp ~=water/river [=Glacier

yousodumb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 09:25:54 pm »

yes indeed. go ahed and post if you wish/ I'll do some updating...

yousodumb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 12:49:11 am »

Attention! the game is starting! if you do not wish to be behind, post your introduction in the main thread. WE WILL START WITHOUT YOU.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2010, 12:49:57 am »

Just wanted to point out to those currently playing that most turns are played out through turns with most rp done between pms or Irc then posted in one big post. "you" may be doing it differently though, but that's just my experience from past games.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

yousodumb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2010, 12:57:25 am »

Well, I'm an idiot flying by the seat of my pants making up things as I go. I read an old BotG thread, (second I believe) and this is how it was done, and I thought it looked fun. Anything else I'm failing at that I should know?

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2010, 03:53:59 pm »

Well, I'm an idiot flying by the seat of my pants making up things as I go. I read an old BotG thread, (second I believe) and this is how it was done, and I thought it looked fun. Anything else I'm failing at that I should know?

No actually, if you want to do it your way that's awesome. I would just suggest that you make sure that players say who they are posting to... something like

*In response to soandso's post*

then here would be their rp. and if more than one person they just repeat the above. Less confusion for readers that way and for players.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2010, 07:53:16 pm »

May I join? Also, may I request a special mechanic?

God's name: Mechanos, also known as the Machine Spirit
God's appearance: Mechanos avoids direct manifestation. When he does deign to manifest himself, it tends to be either a possession or some abstract.
Sphere: Efficiency
Personality: Obsessed with efficiency and devoid of any semblance of emotion. Cares only about efficiency and expanding his own domain.
--------------------------------
Species name: Generally known as "The Machines"
Species appearance: The Machines have a myriad of forms, each with its own role in the collective, each meant for its own purpose.
Fighting style: Highly efficient, their collective intelligence tends to make each individual merely an appendage of a greater being. However, their specialization tends to mean most individuals can't or aren't as good at fighting.
Demeanor: They do not feel. They do not fear. They do not care. And they don't need you.
History: Forged from the machine-city of Levichanos, the Machines are every bit as obsessed with efficiency as their god. They march across the world to strip it bare of anything useful, using it to either make more of themselves or make themselves more efficient.
Relationship with god: Their god is best described as themselves in totality. Each individual is merely a piece of the larger whole, and does not have the capacity to think for itself.
Preferred terrain: Wasteland
Growth Rate: As the Machines strip the land of everything of value, they form this matter into more of themselves. As such, they can only grow if they continue to expand. I was thinking maybe have each tile have a kind of "wasteland counter" where it's increased by 1 in every square Levichanos moves in, and increases by 3 if he dedicates himself to stripping the land. Each wasteland counter added to the board increases Levichano's population by some amount (5? 10? 15? Arbitrary?) and transforms the tile into a wasteland. Every turn the wasteland counter on each tile decreases by some amount (I was thinking maybe a fraction, like 1/2, 1/3, or 1/4, with the potential of other forces increasing this speed if they wished. It could also be arbitrary.) unless it's below a certain threshold (10? 15? Terrain-dependent? Arbitrary?), after which only the other gods can save it.
---------------------
Hero name: Levichanos
Appearance: A massive, sprawling machine-city which leaves the land a barren wasteland wherever it goes. The sounds of massive foundries, factories, extractors, and other goings-on tend to merge together into a deafening, unified chorus which can be heard for miles. An army of Machines follow in its wake, further stripping the land and protecting it from harm.
History: Levichanos was formed the moment Mechanos entered this universe. If you wished to simplify things, you could say that Levichanos is Mechanos.
------------------
Hero symbol: M
Army symbol: m
Settlement symbol:M
Starting spot:

[[[[[[[[[[||||||||\\~--*********** 34
[[[[[[[[[|\|||||||\\~^-*****~*****
[[[[[[||[|\\\\\\\\\\\~^-********M*

Also, I'd like my champion to be my only city, and count as both a city and a champion.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 12:56:47 pm by abculatter_2 »
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

yousodumb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 02:47:07 am »

:o okay.... I think you I have some work cut out for me....
The wasteland corruption system works thusly, every turn roll a 1D10 and multiply that by 10, subtract that from the percentage the land has, ect. Your town/hero can only move when the percentage equals zero.
Glacier= 40%
Mountains= 20%
Plains= 90%
Forest= 100%
desert= 10%
Swamp= 70%
Wetlands= 80%
River/water= N/A

For the sake of role play, have at least one robot to speak for your god in the game room.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2010, 11:19:15 am »

Just to make sure I understand how the wasteland corruption works. Does it mean that I can only move when the land is a complete, undegradable wasteland, or that every turn I decrease the percentage of the tile I'm on, and that percentage is the land's wasteland counter? Could I have some small bonus to the wasteland degradation based on Levichano's population? Also, how quickly will my population increase in terms of the % values?

As for the robot in the game room, I don't think my god will be very interested in what anyone else has to say. Though if I need to be there, could I just be a presence without a definite shape? Like, "Suddenly, from beyond the edges of reality you feel a mysterious... presence come over the room, a god without form or shape attempting to fit within this structured reality." Then, whenever someone tries to talk to me or I need to talk to them, I can just project it directly into their mind with a limited possession or something.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 01:07:18 pm by abculatter_2 »
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2010, 04:59:09 pm »

This is what happens when Cthulu geometry tries to enter a room.

Now we wait for more...

yousodumb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2010, 02:34:22 am »

I'll take some time to explain, your hero/town can only move when the land is a complete waste land. some locations are closer to being wasteland then others, 0% is wasteland, When your hero is not on a tile and it is wastelanded (?) it slowly regenerates (10% per turn) until it's back to normal. your growth is normal on 50% and above, slow on 49% or below. anything else?

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2010, 08:19:32 am »

If I see it right, you're still letting people in. In other words: There's room for me!

Just give me a few minutes to write the form...

Edit:

God

God's Name: Zanoraedit, "Chillheart"
God's Appearance:
A young man of a twisted beauty. His skin is blue as if he had died long ago due to hypothermia, his eyes nothing but glazed ice. Constantly he is shivering, wrapping himself tightly in a cloak. His face's most prominent feature is his mouth, forever drawn into a cynic smile, his teeth sharp like that of a predator. He is engulfed in vague misty clouds, which freeze into ice upon touching other surfaces.

Sphere:
Ice, cold, snow, glaciers and chilly winds

Personality:
Zanoraedit is a God with a dark sense of humor and a constant caution. His cynical attitude could be rated even colder than his appearance, and he tends to have an extreme sense of duty and responsibility. Despite his frozen heart and chilly manners, he can manage to show mercy, sympathy and compassion- For those he regards as being ethically 'good'. He tends to be lonesome and not express much of his true feelings or thoughts. His enemies he tends to treat with the cunning of a fox and the figurative venomous bite of a snake.

People

Name of the species: Usirgasol, "Glacier's Breath"
Appearance:
Quite unlike most other living organisms, the Usirgasol are a species that do not require to drink water to survive, instead being capable of shattering ice with their very teeth to eat.. They are, when standing upright, as long as humans, but far more muscular. They rarely do stand upright, though, most of the time moving with legs bent and body leaning forward, as if they were stalking a prey. Vaguely they are physical representations of their eternally frozen God, their skins blueish and their teeth sharp. Their hands bear claws like any normal predator, laced with frozen ice, frozen thick enough to even cut through ice itself.

Fighting style:
Those people will only in extreme cases leave their homes in the polar areas. They fight defensively, using their environment to fight for them. What they lack in weapons, they will make up for in survivability in a normally inhospitable biome. Their claws and teeth serve as strong weapons, but even more will they like to create weapons from sharpened ice instead, the weapons of higher quality even enchanted with the essence of their god. Their style of fighting is one still in the primal stages, simply charging into the enemy in hopes of being stronger, tactics undeveloped.

Demeanor:
The Usirgasol are, quite the opposite of their physical appearance, a peaceful people. They trade, but only if traders come to them, usually tending to themselves. They are, however, cautious and distrusting if and when others enter their land, slaughtering any 'trespassers' that refuse to give up their weapons immediately after being spotted. Those that do leave the ice wastes, will do so either on some form of expedition, or after being exiled, and usually die short after.
History: These people were forged from the ices of the north and the blood of their god, created to be a righteous people, not to be judged on appearance, but on heart, however frozen it would be. They were created as a message from their God, in an attempt to break through his own seclusion.

Relationship with god:
It would be hard to find any species that loves their god more than the Usirgasol. They worship him passively, as all worship their god requires of them is to be hard workers, and to defend the wastes while treating other living creatures peacefully. Occasionaly they would sacrifice objects made of ice to him, along with freezing their dead into the glacier as a way of giving them back to their god.

Preferred terrain:
The Usirgasol live mainly on the glacier wastelands, rarely in taiga and tundra, and they could, although they never did so before, live on the coldest of mountains.

Growth rate:
It takes about twice as long as it takes for a human to come of age, and only when they reached maturity are the glacier's peoples capable of breeding. Their pregnancy takes as long as that of humans, and they sometimes get ten times as old. This is offset even to the point of a slower population growth due to the facts that they rarely get more than two children and that they only tend to get those children when there is a food surplus.

Hero
Name: Sinsot, "Claw"

Appearance: Sinsot looks similar to his God in almost all ways, except for him also possessing the claws his people bear. He is about two-and-a-half times as big as the average human.

History: Sinsot was born in a great conflict. His people being torn by gargantuan monsters of the north, and invaders from the south, his youth was a dangerous one. Eventually, when he reached his teen ages, he decided to fight as well. He simply charged into the enemy army, tore an arm of, and stole a spear. With this spear he killed, maimed and murdered the enemy as well as he could. He, unfortunately, was rendered unconscious after killing three of them. The battle was soon lost, his village destroyed, and his still unconscious body was thrown into a hole in the ice. He was frozen solid overnight, his bloated body encased in ice. Zanoraedit decided to return life to him by granting him his essence, and to give him immortality as his avatar on the world. The ice he was encased in was instantly destroyed, and he was found by wolves. Those nurtured him, and soon after he was found again. Sinsot was cared for until he reached maturity, when Zanoraedit talked to him in a dream. He was to 'now live as you are meant to live'.

Symbols:
Hero symbol: ±
Army symbol: *
Settlement symbol: ?
Starting spot: Northern glaciers
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 09:32:22 am by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2010, 05:57:30 pm »

I'll take some time to explain, your hero/town can only move when the land is a complete waste land. some locations are closer to being wasteland then others, 0% is wasteland, When your hero is not on a tile and it is wastelanded (?) it slowly regenerates (10% per turn) until it's back to normal. your growth is normal on 50% and above, slow on 49% or below. anything else?

This is what I had in mind for my special mechanics, but you're the GM;

Every tile has a % counter called the "Wasteland counter," as stated above. Every turn, Levichanos reduces this by a random amount as stated above, along with a small bonus from idle work-force population (maybe rolling 1d# where # = Levichano's idle work-force population multiplied by .1 (always rounded down), then multiply that number by .5). Population can also be taken from Levichanos and sent to adjacent tiles to move the wasteland degradation bonus to that tile (one tile max range). The wasteland % taken each turn adds %/turn * 10 * .25 population (this averages around 11 population per turn, with 2 being the minimum gain and 20 being the maximum. Also, any decimal values are tracked toward the next population increase).  I also must choose which specialization this population takes (this is to balance unusually high numbers, and give a bit of flavor. If this is getting too complex this can be cut) each with differing bonuses. Population can also be changed into a different specialization for pop# * .5  wasteland % for that turn. Specializations are as follows:

Work-force: Adds bonus wasteland % per turn. Can perform almost any menial task. Ineffective in combat, though still have various extraction tools and communal intelligence.
Military: Highly effective, specialized warriors. Can move quickly over short distances (three-tile movement for one turn when leaving Levichanos?).

This list can be expanded, though I like the simplicity of only 2 specializations.

Also, every turn that Levichanos is not on a wasteland tile (any tile with a counter of 0% or less) that tile gains either 1 or 6% (you choose, I prefer 6%) plus another 1% for every adjacent non-wasteland tile per turn unless it has -50%, at which point it gains the same amount but multiplied by the absolute value of its wasteland percentage. Decimals will be rounded to closest whole number. -100% wastelands do not recover without outside aid. Non-wasteland tiles gain a flat 15% bonus per turn until they reach their natural state.

Also, I really don't like the thought of not being able to move without turning the tile into a wasteland, though I can see the logic in it and if you'd like I won't mind if you keep that.

Also also, if this is too much information for you to track I'd be willing to keep track of all or some of it.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 07:36:02 pm by abculatter_2 »

yousodumb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2010, 12:12:40 am »

If I see it right, you're still letting people in. In other words: There's room for me!

Just give me a few minutes to write the form...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Your starting spot is a little close to someone else's, I would probably change things to fit.... unless you don't mind, of course.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
you mechanic is better than what I came up with, but your hero still can't move until the tile he's on is complete wasteland. my reason behind this is because you would have a huge warrior thing that others couldn't easily fight, and he would curb-stomp pretty much anyone who looked at you funny.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6