Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sort pit assignments by distance? (and assorted pit problems)  (Read 413 times)

Rutilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I made a drop execution tower. Beautiful thing, it was. However, it was an enormous pain in the butt to actually splatter entire ambushes, let alone sieges, because the ones I wanted to drop were totally jumbled into the list of potential.. er.. candidates.

Since I had the cages assembled right next to the hole for easy dumping, if the list were sorted by distance I could've had all the goblins turned into a fine layer of pâté in short order.

That should work until we have a less confusing and clunky method of pitting people, at least. A way to strip a captive without having to construct the cage would go a long way towards convenience as well.

Oh, and a minor but irritating bug - you can't pit Goblin Thieves (possibly snatchers and master thieves as well) if the dwarf has to drag them more than one tile. He'll suddenly realize OH NO A GOBLIN and drop it and run.  They have no problem hauling fully armed and armored goblin swordsman ten tiles from the goblin warehouse to the pit, but as soon as he realizes he's carrying a DIRTY THIEF he panics. What's worse, is if I accidentally mark multiple gobbos for dumping and one happens to be a thief, everybody ELSE drops their designated goblin as well. It usually goes pretty poorly from there.

This is 31.03, of course, but it's been that way for a very long time.