Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 3 Ideas for mod support  (Read 394 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
3 Ideas for mod support
« on: April 17, 2010, 12:45:03 am »

- [IMPORT_ONLY] or some equivalent. Products of any kind with this tag cannot be produced in Fortress Mode; they do, however, appear on trade caravans and the embark screen.

- Make crafts and misc items RAWed. That is, anvil-like items that have no specific use as anything other than building materials and reagents should be in the raws, allowing these useful "tech-tree" items to be added by mods.

- Generalize all buildings to the raws- but it's not necessary to move all reactions over too. I'm thinking that the appearance, name, construction materiel and such of all the vanilla buildings can be moved over to the Buildings Raw, with special unique tags for each one that define it's function wholesale. For instance, you would have a [WORKSHOP_CRAFT] tag that would be the only special attribute of the Craftdwarfshop. Any building with that tag would have all the attributes of that building.

It would then be possible to gradually break building functions apart in later versions without moving buildings from Hardcode to Raws one at a time, and would allow some modding capacity to all buildings; for instance, a modder could add the requirement for custom-made "tools" to each workshop.

All of these would be useful in one way or annother to my Liberal Crime Fortress mod...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Ideas for mod support
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 08:00:58 am »

As far as immediate short-term stuff that could be added, I have a slightly different set of priorities;

SYN_INGESTED and a more liberal SYN_CONTACT to allow for poisonous solids and foods.

Proper container handling in reactions. We're halfway there in being able to generate products, but we can't use them as reagents yet.

Beneficial syndrome/poison effects to allow for antidotes.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!