Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF Javascript Graphic Tile Viewer - Concept Demo Download  (Read 837 times)

tme321

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
DF Javascript Graphic Tile Viewer - Concept Demo Download
« on: April 16, 2010, 08:23:03 pm »

As per my previous post I have completed an initial concept of the program I am ultimately shooting for.  This small version is simply limited to a drop down box with (some of) the background tiles and an 8x8 grid.  You can choose one of the background tiles and then click on the grid to place the tile.

The code is not very good, a result of my learning as I go, but this at least displays the possibilities.  Currently the drop down box does display the images, but the image that is selected is not shown when the menu is in collapsed form.  It still works with the image that was selected though.

Also the program is currently limited to only graphic sets that are 256x256pixels.  And the bmp must be renamed to tiles.bmp.  Long term this will change, but this is only a quick demo.

DL it from here http://www.mediafire.com/?gqjnntdyxc3 and to use it put the tiles.bmp file in the same folder as both the html and the css file.  Then drag the html file onto a web browser.  This has been tested with Firefox 3.6 and Safari and works in both of those.  I don't know or care if it works in IE (sorry).

I'd love to hear some feedback even though this is just a demo and everything in here will probably be replaced.