Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weaponised Booze and Misc.  (Read 505 times)

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Weaponised Booze and Misc.
« on: April 16, 2010, 07:37:06 pm »

First suggestion, Weaponised Booze.

Booze should be a visible liquid (Like blood/water/magma) rather than something made in a workshop and stuffed in to barrels. It should be able to flow, fill tiles, flood, and generally behave a bit like water (Except thicker). Uses I have thought of so far are: Drowning traps (Obviously, could not be used to drown dwarven nobles, as they are dwarfs, and therefore made of the stuff. But useful for invaders, elves, trading caravans, elves, cavern critters, and more elves.), refilling empty murky pools, weapons (Fire + Booze, or Fire + Booze Barrel + Catapult). megaprojects (Think Headshoots'
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
with actual booze instead of magma.)

And probably a couple more uses that don't involve violent acts toward other people.

There are a couple flaws, the major one being whether or not dwarfs will want to part with their lifeblood.

My second suggestion is related to Arena mode, could it be possible to have an 'assume control' option in DF Mode? I think it should only work for a short time (Because your Fortress can't run itself), but can be useful for: Averting the stupidity normally displayed by dwarfs when the 'No Dwarfs Go Outside' order is active...or the stupidity displayed by dwarfs in general, personally killing nobles, because ordering a lever to be pulled lacks the personal touch, taking control of a dwarf so he can do something heroic, and generally having Fun.

I know there are flaws with this too, for one, it doesn't actually serve a really useful purpose beyond making the game more interesting if you get bored with the normal Fortress mode. Also it'd probably be impossible to perform any tasks while assuming control (Besides fighting).

Sorry these thoughts are kind of fragmented at the moment, its 1:37 at time of writing and my eyelids feel like anvils. Might refine it later.

Lmaoboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weaponised Booze and Misc.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 08:28:24 pm »

I was thinking of something similar, along the lines of a gas trap. It would automatically be stocked with barrels of a whatever liquid was designated and eject a certain amount when triggered. So you could extract venom from a poisonous creature and use it for a poison gas trap.

Andeerz

• Bay Watcher
  • ...likes cows for their haunting moos.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 09:38:01 pm »

Hmmm... I like these suggestions!  But I think boozes should not be flammable unless they have a high enough alcohol content.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 10:10:27 pm »

I thought Weaponized had a z in it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Fatal_Exception

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 11:27:08 pm »

British vs American English.