Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Most Epic Demons/Forgotten Beasts  (Read 8953 times)

PKPhyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most Epic Demons/Forgotten Beasts
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2010, 12:30:05 pm »

Most Epic: Thithu Eaglepacked the plains titan. A colossal quadruped made of black zircon who has deadly spit!
Weirdest: Hedgehog Demon. A curly haired, gas breathing hedgehog man.
Lamest Ola Nutstails. A towering, scaly 8 legged wolf tundra titan! Who emanated LOVE and KINDNESS. Really?!

Peteł

• Bay Watcher
  • Mentlegen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2010, 04:44:02 pm »

It's awesome how the team behind Spore spent years announcing impressive procedural generation, deep, engaging gameplay, user-created worlds.. and all we got were universes full of dicks.
Heh, maybe we can adapt their way of saving creature data as PNGs (has that customized format been cracked by now?) so we can mold our forgotten beasts into Spore-renderable creatures..

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2010, 05:24:13 pm »

I just got my first forgotten beast... A skinless lemur with a twisted horn and guant appearance. It killed seven dwarves total before I killed the thing.

I checked combat reports... Both of the axedwarves had combat reports that were three sentences long. Each one had their heads ripped clean off their shoulders. Sadly a peasant furnace operator lasted longer than them.

This game is awesome.

EvilCartyen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2010, 06:52:28 pm »

I hereby declare things made of vomit the most annoying things ever. Especially if they also have poisonous breath weapons which make dwarves lose all motor abilities, run super-fast, and can survive without legs, arms, horns, feet, and with everything left crushed. How on earth am I supposed to kill that?!

Randall Octagonapus

• Bay Watcher
  • We gota get some medicine for the computer machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2010, 07:42:17 pm »

I had a giant tarantula made of fire
would you like a slice of one humped camel cheese or two humped camel cheese on that elf burger?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2010, 08:14:38 pm »

I had a giant tarantula made of fire

*Random dwarf runs down the halls*
Soldier A: What the hell was that?
Soldier B: I don't know, but be careful...
Soldier C: *Runs into soldier A* WE NEED WATER!
Soldier A: Why?
Soldier C: JUST GET SOME DAMN WATER NOW!
Soldier B: *sees tarantula* OH GOD, NOW IS THE WORST TIME TO BE ARACNIPHOBIC
Soldier A: SPPPIIIIIDDDDDEEEERRRRRR!
Soldier B: OH GOD!
Soldier A: What?!
Soldier B: IT BURN'T MY FINGER
Soldier B:WWWWWAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

turboburrito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2010, 02:14:15 pm »

I've fought two ass demons with poisonous breath attacks now.  Maybe these ass demons aren't the donkey kind.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2010, 04:16:56 pm »

I'm searching through a 752 year old world's legend now, and i've found giant blobs of ash, blobs of mud (assosciated by water and dirt) giant 3 eyed crickets with poisonous blood and all sorts of stupid stuff.

Cerion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2010, 04:21:06 pm »

I've had nematode demons which didn't seem to have an attack at all and when engaged immediately tried to run away (very slowly)

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2010, 05:00:57 pm »

It's awesome how the team behind Spore spent years announcing impressive procedural generation, deep, engaging gameplay, user-created worlds.. and all we got were universes full of dicks.
Heh, maybe we can adapt their way of saving creature data as PNGs (has that customized format been cracked by now?) so we can mold our forgotten beasts into Spore-renderable creatures..

No.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2010, 06:12:57 pm »

Oh, let him Huesoo. You don't have to use it.

So far I got three forgotten beasts.  Two without eyes, a snake and a crab, and another that was a three-eyed wasp with a trunk.  Wait, what?  A trunk?  Everything else sounded insectoid up until that.  I keep picturing this wasp with an elephant trunk.  Only killed one dwarf, who's coffin now resides in my great hall.  One was killed by a Serpant Woman spearman, and the snake is still at large.

To top that off, I accidentally breached the addy pits.  I got all sorts of things made of vomit, steam, fire, snow, salt, and brine.  I have to wonder why the snow and flame demons didn't fall to pieces just standing next to each other.  I managed to get them sealed off just in the nick of time, though.  My fort, ready for them it is not.

Edit:  Nevermind.  Apparently, if you can fly, you can move diagonally along the y,z or x,z planes.  So if you have an up/down staircase with a wall under it, and that wall is surrounded by passable tiles, then something that can fly (like a generated demon) can fly up and into it.  Argh.  Reloading again.  I think I know what to do though.

Edit2:  Success! So, you can catch these things in cages now?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 06:46:16 pm by LegoLord »
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2010, 12:08:46 pm »

I was saying that about the world full of dicks, no. That didnt happen.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2010, 12:22:13 pm »

Heh, I had an Ass Monster in one worldgen legends, lol.

Anyways, yea, theres all kinds of animals that are hardcoded, I've seen zebras, wasps, bears, anteaters, doves, among others as demons.

In a bunch of worlds I generated, I often got alot of zebra demons sometimes and reptillian demons (lizards, geckos, skinks, gila monsters) seem to be pretty common among those that escape the underworld.

Aside from the animal demons, theres alot of color based ones (which still take animal-twisted forms) and I've seen water demons such as rain feinds and flood demons.

It was definetly a concern throughout the period before it was released though.

Oh yea, back on topic:

I don't have the worldgen for this particular demon anymore, but it was one heck of a conquerer. I had this world with a really big goblin civ, checked it out and found that it was led by a Mole demon and it shot webs. I don't remember any other details, but it led every single battle the civ fought and killed (and sometimes devourered) many people. Even after 300 years it was still going strong.

Also, in my current world, I have one demon type that seems rather peaceful for a demon. Theres two of them, Gila Monster brutes (with poisonus bite included), which were associated with writing, suicide, scholarship, rebirth. poetry, death, and birth. Neither of them have killed anybody and when their civs were conquered, they stayed in their old homes. Their names are Lanzil Incenseashes (yes its incense, not incest) and Zefon the Beloved Blossom of Ash, the other demons that escaped have more demonic names (except for a pig devil, but I think he earned that one through combat), but those two sound almost Bhuddist. Zefon's longer name didn't come from killing people, so no idea how he got the longer name.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 01:57:47 pm by smjjames »

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2010, 12:42:31 pm »

It was definetly a concern throughout the period before it was released though.

I dont see why, all of the creatures created in the creature creator that were inappropiate were deleted and the owner was suspended. (Ive had creatures that were considered inappropiate an I got suspended, I call bullshit) Lets not derail this thread anymore.

marc_st

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2010, 12:50:18 pm »

A Giant Human...

...made of Vomit  :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3