Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 105

Author Topic: [0.31.18] ☢ Wasteland ☢ : accepting help  (Read 161289 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.18] ☢ Wasteland ☢ : test the new world map please
« Reply #1455 on: December 21, 2011, 06:03:24 pm »

You could probably use some sort of complex caste/interaction system to make it so that only certain subjects--those infected partially with FEV without mutating from it--may become intelligent ghouls.

It's with SYN_CLASS and such, it's more than possible.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: December 21, 2011, 06:14:37 pm »

^FEV causes centaurs and mutants, not good ol' radiation.

Knew that. However, creatures such as super mutents get more powerful in radiation. Hence, one could find one even if there is no currant source of FEV in the area. (I know it does not realy work that way, bur does alow them not to be limited to only one biome.

Yep, in my current dev version I went with the next pattern:
Savage = irradiated (total ghoulification)
Evil = FEV subjects (supermutants, centaurs, floaters etc)
Good = areas of old military bases/factories, robot-infested.

Ohh. Interesting.

@Putnam
I wish to see if its only historical figures would be infected with such a syndrome in world gen, myself. As such, we would truly only get people from the beginning of world gen wondering around the place, with a few accedently wandering in and getting ghouled.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: December 21, 2011, 06:16:48 pm »

Ghouls heal and dwell in radiation... The Enclave-mutated F.E.V. would kill a person whos genes were damaged by radiation, so no late F.E.V. ghouls, at least wild.

The original Vault-Tec F.E.V. which mutated and became airborne COULD repair damaged genes and keep people from dying, so it would produce ghouls, but it's the very early F.E.V. so I want to separate it from "intentional" mutations. Also there's a lot of debate about it, so I don't want to make it too complex (for modding and gameplay reasons, mostly not to confuse myself). I guess you are fine with this :).

Actually I consider MOST of survived irradiated species to be somehow affected by the original airborne F.E.V. (they would probably just die otherwise), so I separated it from supermutants and other lab creatures for this reason: savage areas = "natural" mutation, evil areas = controlled mutation... I hope I explain it enough for you to understand, it's 3 AM here so I am a bit dizzy :P.

Did I explain the difference between savage and evil areas enough to get it? :D
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 06:18:47 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: December 21, 2011, 06:21:17 pm »

Yeah, now I get it. So savage areas are areas that are fulla radiation, while evil areas are places that the current world's master/pre-war enclave equivalent did their vile experiments.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: December 21, 2011, 06:27:25 pm »

That's why the supermutants are called "master's army". The master could be gone (non-existant) but the mutants stay and keem making themselves. I hope there's a way to make "generations" slowly degrading with the new curse system in the new DF, or some workaround to simulate this.

And no, not enclave equivalent, but crazy lab/mountain equivalent. Enclave wants to destroy all mutated species (which is a GLOBAL genocide, because most of the world is mutated) and somehow restore the old world.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: December 21, 2011, 06:27:46 pm »

Ghouls heal and dwell in radiation... The Enclave-mutated F.E.V. would kill a person whos genes were damaged by radiation, so no late F.E.V. ghouls, at least wild.

The original Vault-Tec F.E.V. which mutated and became airborne COULD repair damaged genes and keep people from dying, so it would produce ghouls, but it's the very early F.E.V. so I want to separate it from "intentional" mutations. Also there's a lot of debate about it, so I don't want to make it too complex (for modding and gameplay reasons, mostly not to confuse myself). I guess you are fine with this :).

Actually I consider MOST of survived irradiated species to be somehow affected by the original airborne F.E.V. (they would probably just die otherwise), so I separated it from supermutants and other lab creatures for this reason: savage areas = "natural" mutation, evil areas = controlled mutation... I hope I explain it enough for you to understand, it's 3 AM here so I am a bit dizzy :P.

Did I explain the difference between savage and evil areas enough to get it? :D

Yes sir. ;D
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: December 21, 2011, 06:34:50 pm »

That's why the supermutants are called "master's army". The master could be gone (non-existant) but the mutants stay and keem making themselves. I hope there's a way to make "generations" slowly degrading with the new curse system in the new DF, or some workaround to simulate this.

And no, not enclave equivalent, but crazy lab/mountain equivalent. Enclave wants to destroy all mutated species (which is a GLOBAL genocide, because most of the world is mutated) and somehow restore the old world.

No, no, I mean the pre-war enclave, the ones who liked to mutate iguanas and stuff to make things like wanamingos.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: December 21, 2011, 07:12:40 pm »

Wanamingos are probably ALIENS :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: December 21, 2011, 07:21:40 pm »

Indeed. Probably. Explains the guns.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: December 21, 2011, 07:29:26 pm »

GUNS? WHAT GUNS! WANAMINGO HAS NO GUNS!

But yeah... actually they are ODDWORLD SLEGS!

Heheh. I know they are lab animals, but I don't really get WHAT could be the base DNA they are based on. Probably something totally twisted, too much to be recognizable.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: December 21, 2011, 08:16:52 pm »

Heheh. I know they are lab animals, but I don't really get WHAT could be the base DNA they are based on. Probably something totally twisted, too much to be recognizable.

Who knows? One could barly call a Deathclaw a lizerd, could we?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: December 22, 2011, 01:29:09 am »

Wanamingos are probably ALIENS :).

Nope.

http://www.falloutwiki.com/Fallout_Bible_0

Quote from: Chris Avellone
The wannamingos are a result of FEV virus experiments, but they are now becoming sterile. They are not aliens, but word is they were designed as FEV-tailored weapons for waging war on other countries... and they got loose. They do live a long time, but they were dying out at the time of Fallout 2. They have only been sighted in the F2 area and nowhere else in the wastelands.
The eggs you see in Fallout 2 are the last generation of Wannamingoes to exist in the wasteland; the young Wannamingoes seen in F2 will perish in five years, and their parents a few years before that - an internal genetic clock will simply stop ticking, and they'll fall over dead. The Wannamingoes are a vicious mutant breed that had their moment in the sun, and now their sun has set.
To put the tombstone on their extinction, the largest known nest of Wannamingoes were wiped out when the Great Wannamingo mine was reclaimed by Redding with the help of a traveling tribal. The mother was killed, and the last remaining eggs were hunted down, stepped on, and then the remains were examined by local scientists and doctors who came to the extinction conclusions mentioned above.
Again, Wannamingoes are not aliens – they are a curious mutant or genetically-designed fighting machine that has only been able to find a home in the cold, dark places of the wastes.
It is possible that the wannamingoes were old Enclave experiments (or even experiments from before the Great War), and if this is true, then it's likely their genetic/biological deadman's switch was purposely engineered to keep them from breeding past a certain generation.
As a final note, this is strictly a personal decision on my part. If you want them to live for fan fiction, pen-and-paper role-playing campaign purposes, or for your own peace of mind, feel free to have some of them survive the stopping of their genetic clock – in the Black Isle universe, however, the little buggers are already dead and their irradiated shells are scattered along the floor of abandoned mines throughout northern California where they make nice crunching noises when you step on them.

So, basically, they are most likely experiments by the Enclave in creating a war animal.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 01:31:11 am by Putnam »

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: December 22, 2011, 08:02:17 am »

some of them just watched Alien: the 1950s edition! and thought "hmm.... That is a good idea...."

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: December 22, 2011, 10:13:46 am »

yeah...Deathclaws were chameleons...though...luckily after all of the other stuff West-Tek threw in there the things lost their camo ability...
Mirelurks were North American Horseshoe Crabs, with the king/queen apparently being Turtles, and a cut Catfish variant...all with heavy amounts of human/simian DNA...probably an experiment to make amphibious assault bio-weapons.
Mole Rats were...Mole Rats...just bigger. They're not native to North America, and a data file says they were made as sappers...to undermine defensive structures...It also says they have a programmed genetic kill-switch...which I think Moira accidentally found.
Wanimingos...I have no idea what their original creature was...those things are messed up.
Floaters are Flatworms...big angry flatworms
Centaurs are FEV gumbo...throw a bunch of stuff in a vat...pull it out...you got a monster. (really need to have random limbs for centaurs...arms, legs, animal legs, bug legs, tentacles, multiple heads)

(edit: oh man...I forgot about the S'Lanter ...sentient Raccoons...they were cut because they didn't mesh well with a world that had 1940s architecture, laser guns, aliens, Godzilla, Dr. Who, and an old Star Trek Prop that sends you back in time to make your ancestor leave the vault... ...ok...why were they cut again?)

that's about all of the factory made mutant animals I think...the geckos, regular rats, insects, and scorpions were "natural"

...hey...wait a minute...where's the spiders?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 01:13:17 pm by JediaKyrol »

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: December 22, 2011, 01:17:23 pm »

...hey...wait a minute...where's the spiders?

There invisable. :D
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 105