Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 105

Author Topic: [0.31.18] ☢ Wasteland ☢ : accepting help  (Read 161325 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.18] ☢ Wasteland ☢ : 1.2b
« Reply #1380 on: November 28, 2011, 12:53:43 pm »

We need giant wasp and cazador honey ASAP, along with night stalker omelette :P.

I will work on this mod next.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: November 28, 2011, 01:15:31 pm »

We need giant wasp and cazador honey ASAP, along with night stalker omelette :P.

on the first part...I couldn't get them into hives without ending up with a Cazador Population Explosion Stinging Cloud of Death...(while fun...is impossible to harvest from...but I also didn't work on it for too long...might be another way around that I didn't think of.)  So I made a Slime mold that can be caught and harvested...disgusting but nutritious!  also, pet Night Stalkers lay eggs in nest boxes...but war trained ones won't for some reason...(as well as war trained deathclaws to my dismay.)

on the second part...SWEET!

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: November 28, 2011, 01:33:04 pm »

You are a modding MACHINE Deon.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: November 28, 2011, 06:00:39 pm »

But...I thought I had put securitrons in forever ago...along with claptraps...the securitrons even had little rocket launchers in their shoulders...
Edit: well huh...I checked Deon's last release...and I guess I never sent him that last robot file...my bad.

oh, and check my version I put up a while ago...it has semi-working North America and Russia worldgen...(well...up to 200 years...any longer and it tends to crash. 

But I did add egg-laying to reptiles and insects, hiveable creatures, and the matching industries, as well as semi-fixing the starvation problem for raiders, mutants, and ghouls.  Mind if I dig though yours to see what you did different?

Hell no I don't mind. 90% of the reason I mod is so that other people can steal my modding to save them trouble :P

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: November 28, 2011, 06:29:30 pm »

But...I thought I had put securitrons in forever ago...along with claptraps...the securitrons even had little rocket launchers in their shoulders...
Edit: well huh...I checked Deon's last release...and I guess I never sent him that last robot file...my bad.

oh, and check my version I put up a while ago...it has semi-working North America and Russia worldgen...(well...up to 200 years...any longer and it tends to crash. 

But I did add egg-laying to reptiles and insects, hiveable creatures, and the matching industries, as well as semi-fixing the starvation problem for raiders, mutants, and ghouls.  Mind if I dig though yours to see what you did different?

Hell no I don't mind. 90% of the reason I mod is so that other people can steal my modding to save them trouble :P

nice...

ok...I did notice that you forgot to add the use of hives or nest boxes to your civs...and I completely forgot that Securitrons had other weapons besides the shoulder missiles.  Neither of us made Cazadors hiveable...(I tried it again...and still can't get an acceptable "unit of honey/lives lost" ratio...).  I like your Enclave...complete jerks...and I see you gave them a cheat reaction so they'll have abundant plasteel to back up their jerkiness.

I was thinking of a Treeminder civ...you know, to fill in the missing hippie tree-lover niche...and hopefully in the next DF version to make their elders turn into trees...or something close to it. (getting splashed with Harold's blood did make your char in FO3 grow bark-skin...)

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: November 29, 2011, 05:04:39 am »

i thought ghouls were the new elves. but i have not gotten their caravan on any of my embarks, ever. weird much?

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: November 30, 2011, 10:05:25 am »

i thought ghouls were the new elves. but i have not gotten their caravan on any of my embarks, ever. weird much?

well huh...it is in there...I guess I just never had enough lumber lying around for them to care...my embark sites are usually places with lots of clay...so my surface buildings are just packed mud huts and walls...I've bought wood from Ghouls...but couldn't remember if the elves also sold wood (I haven't checked an elf caravan in regular DF in quite a while...as for some reason, as soon as they show up the trade depot locks down and floods with lava...)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: December 01, 2011, 01:49:21 pm »

Allright, today I've started modding it. First, human and ghoul races and material tweaks to make bullets effective. Let's make this ball rolling :). Sorry that I kept you without this mod for such a long time.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: December 01, 2011, 03:27:01 pm »

Ohthankyouthankyouthankyou...

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: December 02, 2011, 01:36:38 am »

i have a weird feeling that i have just started a church called "Deon worshippers" weird, huh?

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: December 02, 2011, 02:09:36 am »

PRAISE THE ALMIGHTY DEON!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: December 02, 2011, 02:28:22 am »

also, deon any chance of this getting in? please?

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: December 02, 2011, 11:25:44 am »

also, deon any chance of this getting in? please?
ooh...animal trap as a punchy-punch...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: December 16, 2011, 11:53:48 am »

Woot woot, I am on it.

So yeah, some basic animals are done.

Human - vault citizens. Population ratio (castes): 20 normal, 2 albino, 1 six-toed, 1 disease immune, 3 extra weak, 2 extremely agile and weak, 2 extremely strong/tough and slow, 1 extremely agile and strong, 2 ugly and stupid, 3 very clever, 3 slow-learner.

Human - wastelanders. Population ratio (castes): 12 normal, 2 albino, 1 six-toed, 1 disease immune, 3 extra weak, 2 extremely agile and weak, 2 extremely strong/tough and slow, 1 extremely agile and strong, 3 ugly and stupid, 1 very clever and fast-learner, 3 slow-learner, 2 fast-learner, 3 fast learner of combat, slow learner of crafts, 1 abomination.

Supermutants (male/female caste for now).

Ghouls. Population ratio (castes): 12 normal, 4 slow/rotting, 5 feral (stupid/slow learner, fast and strong), 3 intelligent (and good-mannered), 2 glowing one, 2 poisonous secretions, 1 almost normal-looking.

=========================================================================
Animals:
=========================================================================
Brahmin. Population ratio (castes): 12 "normal" (two-headed), 1 one-headed, 2 radcow (glowing, special extract), 1 albino, 2 black (strong, long lifespan), 3 scabby (weak, short-lived), 2 rabid (very aggressive).

Dog. Population ratio (castes): 15 normal, 3 scabby (weak, short-lived), 2 rabid (very aggressive), 2 ghoul (ugly, weak, poisonous bite), 2 raddog (glowing, thick leather), 3 hound (strong, fast), 1 hulkdog (very strong, tough and big).

Iguana. Population ratio (castes): 10 normal, 3 glowscale iguana (fast, dodgy), 2 iguana duffer (very big, slow and fat), 1 salamander (breathes fire, bigger, long lifespan), 1 giant iguana (big and strong).

Bighorner. Population ratio (castes): 12 normal, 2 radhorner (glowing, special extract), 2 radgoat (small and agile), 3 premium bighorner (very big and strong), 3 scabby (weak and ill), 1 minos (very big, strong and trainable).

Gecko. Population ratio (castes): 15 normal, 3 golden gecko (bigger, valuable hide, stronger), 4 gecko hunter (faster, stronger), 2 fire gecko (bigger, breathes fire), 1 gecko brute (very big and strong).

=======================================================================================

That's all I have for now.

New workshops:

Prospector's hut:
1) scavenge stones
Grabs random worthless rock, very low chance to find useful components (electronics, nuts and bolts, capacitors etc). Very rare chance to find an old book.
2) scavenge stones (metal detector)
Same, with better results.

Tinker's workbench:
Here various low-tech crafting will happen. Stuff like metal detectors, parts for bigger things (batteries, energy cells, lasers, computer boards) will be assembled here.

Laboratory:
This building will use existing components and old books to research new "levels" of technology: basically tools needed for more advanced buildings and tasks.

========================================================================

I demand your ideas on tech levels and proper progression! I don't want to bork it, so please if you can make a small research/suggestion, please do so :). I plan to allow players to start with simple forging, crossbow making etc, and advance to gun making, learning secrets of alloys and ultimately making plasteel and power armor (sadly no real "energy" weapons are possible yet...).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: December 16, 2011, 12:49:15 pm »

starting tech: basic metal crafting (bars, some alloys), leather, metal armor, crossbows, pipe rifles. the best metal is steel.

middle tech: Advanced metal crafting (bars, most alloys, advanced combat metals), combat armor, reinforced metal armor, assault rifles, hunting rifles, shotguns. Plasteel is discovered.

Hi-tech: Technology (Lahzors and plasmah!), best metal crafting (through advanced alloys, adamantine equivalent is discovered), power armor, energy weapons. the best metal is an adamantine equivalent (i can't think of a better name yet.)

this is only a rough draft.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 105