Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 105

Author Topic: [0.31.18] ☢ Wasteland ☢ : accepting help  (Read 161184 times)

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
Re: ☢ Wasteland ☢ [0.2] - more desert dessert
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2010, 02:22:38 pm »

I was thinking about all that you said, but I think I will make a separate "fortress" and "adventurer" mods in the end.

Because with the plans like these, your guys will be armed with rifle barrels and won't have firearms at all (I mean game-generated dwarves, like town guards and caravan guards).
I'm fairly certain that a reaction to produce items will work for every civilisation it's assigned to, not just the player. It would have to, or you couldn't import soap.

And now I come to think of it, would a tag like ITEM:GUNPART in a new raw file work, so that you didn't have to worry about giving them melee damage stats in item_weapon? I'll get back to you on that.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2010, 03:11:49 pm »

The best way to make parts is to make them toys, so noone equps them as a weapon or does some another silly thing.

I meant that if I combine both things in one mod, then either your wasteland race won't have guns, or you will have two ways to make them: through "crossbow" means (wooden guns, guns from forge) AND through new workshops.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2010, 03:43:59 pm »

I DEMAND YOU ADD THIS TO YOUR SIGNATURE! IT IS TO EPIC NOT TO BE.

Dwarf 1: ahh this looks like a good place to settle!
Dwarf 3: what is that?!?!
Dwarf 5: RUN!
Your Settlement has been Abandoned
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2010, 04:12:35 pm »

What is it? :P
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2010, 04:16:21 pm »

What is it? :P
I dunno, I was setting up area's, then all my people were dying. Disease?
It was not raining so it is not that 'hot ocean' water.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2010, 04:37:16 pm »

Could someone upload a full game file with the mod in? Im horrible at manual modding and I messed up bigtime. I also like having several files of DF that are Vanilla then others with mods.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2010, 04:54:25 pm »

I usually delete the ENTIRE raw folder, but I think some main things are over copied.
Story of my life.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2010, 05:23:57 pm »

Could someone upload a full game file with the mod in? Im horrible at manual modding and I messed up bigtime. I also like having several files of DF that are Vanilla then others with mods.
http://depositfiles.com/files/jl88i9msr

Note that it's not 0.2 :(.

The uploaded file is my development version, so I've already added mirelurks, deathclaws, yao guai and vicious dogs. Careful with these.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 05:47:14 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2010, 05:27:43 pm »

http://depositfiles.com/files/jl88i9msr
Note that it's not 0.2 :(.
Fixed.
Story of my life.

Dimmi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2010, 11:14:39 pm »

What about some kind of McGyver workshop...

When mining through garbage one could find different (useless) Stuff e.g. pipes, tape, etc.
Those can be combined in a workshop to form cool weapons, advanced parts, building material, etc.

I want a much wasteland feeling as possible :)
And by the way...is it possible to have mounts? If so, why not make some (floating) vehicles...like hover bikes (actually this would be an animal with speed 1)

darksergio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2010, 12:05:27 am »

talking about metro 2033 mod in the nosalises whit a high number and make them swarm the setlement once in a while or constaly swarm is setled in a tunel and since you played the game is posible to kil the librarians and the nosalises whit the glowing eyes because I emptyned like six kalsh 2012 clips and they stll walk toward of me
Pd: I agree whit you about the book is 10 times better than the game
Clear skies with a chance of FLAMIN' RAIN!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2010, 01:39:55 am »

Hey Deon? You are amazingly good at this.

Thank you.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2010, 02:10:28 am »

Thank you jack!

Darksergio: I think I will finish the stuff which was already here ("common" fallout critters) and then add other stuff. I had less free time than I expected so it's going a bit slow.

When mining through garbage one could find different (useless) Stuff e.g. pipes, tape, etc.
Those can be combined in a workshop to form cool weapons, advanced parts, building material, etc.
I thought that gem industry is a bit out of place in the world where everyone tries to survive, so I thought that gems could be easily replaced with garbage/electronics/useful parts which should be combined into useful stuff. I have to develop this idea though, thinking out various combinations (and there should be many, so you wouldn't end with some mined-out gem which you cannot process because you lack something else).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2010, 02:12:48 am »

Could it be that people with little bits of lost technology see them as a status symbol, or something to proclaim their awesome? I could see that.

Dimmi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2010, 02:14:59 am »

Why not using the Garbage mining from the Zombi mod. There Garbage was a normal layer. As far as I remember you had to process the garbage and there was a chance you could find crafts beside plastics.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 105