Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 105

Author Topic: [0.31.18] ☢ Wasteland ☢ : accepting help  (Read 161292 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: ☢ Wasteland ☢ [0.77] : USA and Russia mapscripts
« Reply #240 on: May 27, 2010, 08:54:07 pm »

I'm not clear on what is the bug: the ineligibility of bronze weapons or the manager skipping the ineligibility of making bronze weapons?

While waiting for Plasteel, I'll trade with the Ghouls for Steel items, then melt them down and reforge them into power armor with one of my two legendary armorsmiths.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 27, 2010, 09:02:05 pm »

Yeah, the bronze weapons are not meant to be, but the manager still allows to order thm.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 27, 2010, 09:37:14 pm »

Well, the manager only allows the bronze drills, no other bronze weapons.  Is that how it is suppose to be, or not?  And in order for the manager to not allow bronze drills to be built, would the civilization still allow bringing of bronze drills upon embark.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 01, 2010, 02:20:06 am »

I've been busy with Project0 lately. I would like to accept more monster suggestions. Some of them may appear in Project0 :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Dimmi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 01, 2010, 05:46:23 am »

I would really like to see more reactions for special objects...like an energy generator (producing energy cells out of something e.g. waste processor). Also tamable robots would be great. And radiation as syndrom caused when harvesting surface stuff. And maybe Archeology...you could dig for special gems (computer stuff or so) and process (research) them into statues or so to increase happieness. There are so many things...hopefully Toady will fix the most crucial errors soon and make military easy to handle.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 01, 2010, 03:21:16 pm »

I'd like to see the swamp men from point lookout dcl for Fallout 3, there's
Scapper's: Small for humans, quick, weak, carries melee's and rifles
Creeper's:Same size and speed as Scapper's, though far tougher, carriers stronger weapons
Brawler's:Larger then creeper's yet weaker, comes with more versatile weapons.
Tracker's:Huge melee only tanks, hand to stop, slow though
Bruiser:Extremely huge, strong, and quick, never uses ranged weapons. (more powerful then deathclaws)

maybe a caste based civ that only settles in swamps?

Aliens could be interesting with extremely weak bodies, but crazy powerful alien specific weaponry.  maybe add in a caste of them called androids, which are far tougher, but rare.  Give them a fire-breath attack, to simulate their plasma weapons occasionaly catching things on fire, and incinerating people.

Trogs (smaller cousin of the ghouls):They could be a predator creature that comes in large groups on savage maps, just make them easy to kill, but extremely quick.

Nom nom nom

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 04, 2010, 03:15:08 pm »

I will make zombie-like critters based on swamp men. Check, Kilakan.

I will add robo pets. Check, Dimmi.

Since the 0,31,05 is out: I gather feature requests for a few hours. Then I will make a version with graphics because graphics mode now works.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile

I remember that in the Fallout mod for the old version, you thought about adding scrap pile "trees" which could then be disassembled into raw materials. At least the disassembling never made it into the public version back then, but the idea is really interesting. Those scrap piles should be limited to badlands, wastelands and deserts, though, so we have to decide between an easy start with no way to produce metal on your own (except of course, goblinite and its relatives) if your area has no ore OR settling in a possibly hostile area with no easy access to water and radscorpions...

Then again, if the rain bug is truly fixed, deserts may have become a little too easy. Because, while utterly terrifying, it was kind of funny to see a whole settlement melt to death. I suggest adding horribly dangerous creatures which will kill the hell out of anything coming too close. How about certain "raiding" variants of dangerous creatures who'll happily make a mad dash for your food stockpile?

"This looks like a good spot, we'll settle here!"
1 minute 10 seconds later...
"OH GOD WHERE DID 10 RADSCORPIONS COME FROM SO QUICKLY WHY ARE THEY CHARGING AT MY WAGON"
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Huh, there were piles of trash and lumberjacks were called scavengers, so it totally made it into the mod. Even wood items were called "junk" items.

Okay, more curiousbeast_eaters then.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile

I know there were junk items in the old mod, but I don't recall a function to, for example, recycle old road signs into metal plates and pipes there. Unless I somehow missed an important update back then.

It's still a nice thing which should return, because most resources in Fallout were collected from the remnants of pre-war civilization by scavengers.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I don't do it for now because it would take EXE editing, and EXE changes with each patch. When we get a more or less stable release I will definitely work on this :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

For robots, I suggest Mr Gutsy and Mr Handy.

And I suggest the turtle I made.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Which turtle do you mean? I am all ears!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: ☢ Wasteland ☢ [0.6] : new plants and more!
« Reply #253 on: June 04, 2010, 05:06:59 pm »

Idea
-Radiation:A poison. Since I haven't modded much at all, I am unsure of how to do this, but some creatures need something akin to this.

Creature
The hunter walked through the marshy lands, hunting for anything that moved and looked good. He turned by the old tree, and headed towards the sight of water. As he reached it, he saw a new object: an ancient shell, sitting alone. How did it get there? The hunter walked up, and tapped it with his rifle. As soon as he did, a blur of speed shot out of the shell, grabbing and ripping off his leg. The hunter screamed as he went down, trying to shoot the beast. Three heads appeared from the shell, snake-like things. They began to bite and rip more and more, and finally the screaming stopped.
Okay. So this thing, I don't have a name for, but here are a few possibilities:Radturtle, Radra, Hydra, or whatever. Something akin to that. Yes, it is a turtle-beast. Like the size of one of the big tortoises, but combined with one of the snapping turtles. Yeah.
This. ^^
I don't think it was added...but I haven't checked all raws.
Also, radiation as a poison.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

Well. Not the raws-made. But ideawise.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 105