Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Butchered Bodyparts  (Read 993 times)

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
Butchered Bodyparts
« on: April 16, 2010, 08:37:48 am »

My butcher just butchered a walrus flipper.
He got 1 unit of bone, meat, fat and skin.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Butchered Bodyparts
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 09:04:36 am »

Seal flipper pie is a traditional dish in Newfoundland.

What is interesting is to check if animals smashed or hacked into pieces give more bones/meat/skin/fat/whatever than intact butchered animals do, due to each severed body part being butchered separately.  I know it used to in 40d, not sure if the new body part and butchering mechanisms giv the same result.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

MooUK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 11:05:14 am »

I did something similar with
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The leg didn't take long to butcher. (The body... well, the first three attempts at butchering it ended with the butcher running off for a drink before he'd finished... Eventually managed it.)

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 05:42:55 pm »

I did something similar with
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The leg didn't take long to butcher. (The body... well, the first three attempts at butchering it ended with the butcher running off for a drink before he'd finished... Eventually managed it.)

Presumably because he couldn't stomach the thought of working on the Lovecraftian monstrosity he was tasked to butcher, and needed several drinks to steady his nerves (or blot out the horror).
Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 06:24:55 pm »

What is interesting is to check if animals smashed or hacked into pieces give more bones/meat/skin/fat/whatever than intact butchered animals do, due to each severed body part being butchered separately.  I know it used to in 40d, not sure if the new body part and butchering mechanisms giv the same result.

Looks like that even in 31.03, though it takes a bit more effort to do this.

The standard 10 Z level drop did not work. The corpses were merely mangled, not exploded into multiple separate body parts.  :(

Could be I just need to drop them a longer distance.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 06:29:54 pm »

Looks like that even in 31.03, though it takes a bit more effort to do this.

The standard 10 Z level drop did not work. The corpses were merely mangled, not exploded into multiple separate body parts.  :(

Could be I just need to drop them a longer distance.
Weapon trap at the bottom.
Impact + weapons(Serrated discs)= Chunky Chunks
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

matthiaspaco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 06:31:05 pm »

My dorfs don't seem to butcher individual parts, or even some recently killed critters, only partial skeletons... what am I missing?