Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Friendly Goblins, Who My Dwarves Refuse to Attack?  (Read 3295 times)

ZombieRacoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Friendly Goblins, Who My Dwarves Refuse to Attack?
« on: April 16, 2010, 06:44:44 am »

Hello there.

I started a fortress next to a Goblin fortress, and all 61 of the goblins present are marked as friendly on the unit screen.

Now, I don't want to be neighbours with Goblins, no matter how friendly they profess to be, so I formed a squad and set a kill order on the nearest Gobbo.  My Dwarves grabbed their weapons, rushed over to the hapless Goblin, surrounded him and....did nothing.  He was definitely correctly targetted by the kill order, and the squad definitely consisted of 7 armed Dwarves.

So, help a newb out.  Why are they friendly, and how do I a) kill them, or b) make them unfriendly so that I can kill them.

There's even a Goblin Trader amongst them.  I want Goblin death, not Goblin trinkets.

I tried a forum search for friendly goblins, but was unable to find anyone asking why their goblins were friendly, or how to kill them.

Stik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly Goblins, Who My Dwarves Refuse to Attack?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 07:16:40 am »

The goblins will be friendly untill first seige and im pretty sure you can steal their items to get them angry at yOu. Im new too so if anyone can correct this, thanks

Cockyy

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels task: Interrupted by Vomit
    • View Profile
    • You're mother.
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 07:26:24 am »

Embarking on a Dark Tower (Goblin hidey hole) will make all inhabitants friendly with you, until hostile goblins arrive from elsewhere to siege you.
There was a signature here. Now it's gone.

;__;

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 07:30:30 am »

like what stik and cokky said this always was what happen in 40d with goblins.
you can't kill friendlies and so far reclaiming their stuff won't piss them off.
so far if you can find a way to unfriendly these people go ahead and make another thread on your success.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 07:34:54 am »

One thing you could try to destroy all of that goblin force - just dig a huuuge hall under their castle and make an artifactial cave-in . that won't piss of your goblins, as i know, but will destroy them at least.
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Dorf3000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 07:40:39 am »

I recommend stealing their weapons and armor as it will now fit on dwarves, and walling in as many gobs as you can.  Even unarmed, 100+ angry goblins can be trouble.
I had a tigerman get elected mayor and he promptly mandated 3 bowls of cereal.

ZombieRacoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 07:42:09 am »

Thanks for the replies.

Bit of a shame as I'd made my expedition with mostly military skills and brought weapons.  I was just going to have my lads wade right in and see how far they got before weight of numbers dragged tehm down.

Instead, I'll build a bunker on their doorstep, and try to get some armour made in time for *other* goblins to turn up and remind this bunch that we're the enemy.

I prseume this "feature" of auto-friendly gobbos isn't intended to be this way forever?

Jhoosier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://wilcotangofoxtrot.blogspot.com
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 07:54:10 am »

I reclaimed a fortress that got overrun by goblins, and the goblins there never went hostile, despite having ambushes showed up.  So I guess you'd have to wait until a proper siege, perhaps?

Funnily enough, the goblins were kinda racist and would wail on any non-goblin hostiles that showed up in ambush parties.