Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: She's not even popular...  (Read 6668 times)

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
She's not even popular...
« on: April 15, 2010, 09:23:10 pm »

-blank slate-
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 11:06:48 pm by Vertigon »

Pathos

Re: She's not even popular...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 09:44:55 pm »

Maybe you should all try and let the girl decide?

Although, if you're awkward about it, she'll probably reject you all and much hilarity will be had.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 10:32:56 pm »

Maybe you should all try and let the girl decide?

Yeah, this.

EDIT: even better: do it at rock-paper-scissors. ANd if you lose, ask her out anyway. This way you have a chance of reducing competition, while at the same time, if you lose, you can still go for it and say that gambling cannot stand in the way of true love, or somesuch.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 10:39:34 pm »

I would suggest a free for all cage match to the death. 

Alternatively, none of you ask her out because you may feel jealous resentment and bitterness toward whoever 'wins' out.  I also wouldn't break any agreements with your friends (like a rock-paper-scissors decision) over a girl.  Bros before hos lest you become FOES (I felt like adding that last part on).

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 10:44:34 pm »

They need never know. After all, it's the girl who makes the choice. They won't resent him  anymore than they would anyway
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Pathos

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 10:47:37 pm »

The only reason people start to resent it is when it gets shoved in their faces, even unintentionally. Hell, especially unintentionally.

OP, if you manage, don't blow them off for her all the time. Split it 50/50.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 10:49:55 pm »

Yeah, cuz this girl's totally going to go out with whoever asks her

lol
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 11:05:28 pm »

They need never know. After all, it's the girl who makes the choice. They won't resent him  anymore than they would anyway

Even if they never knew, there's the whole part about principle and not lying to and duping your friends.  Hold your agreements with your friends, it's what you'd want from yours.  If you don't want to hold any agreements, don't make them.  The best solution probably is letting her decide, it eliminates the "what if I had won?" angle.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 11:18:12 pm »

Even if they never knew, there's the whole part about principle and not lying to and duping your friends. 
LOL, you talk to me about principles in the context of putting a woman as a raffle's prize? Spare me, please

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 11:28:46 pm »

I can fully assure you, this is a terrible way of approaching the problem. Shes not some prize to be won--assuming that she'd even say yes to the one who asked her. This is a really classic recipe for trouble; I'd steer clear of her were I one of you, and hell, If I was her I'd steer clear of the weird triangle this could become.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 11:30:55 pm »

if they all like her it's pretty much a recipe for trouble already, unless she rejects all three. So they might as well make a move

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 11:31:05 pm »

Even if they never knew, there's the whole part about principle and not lying to and duping your friends. 
LOL, you talk to me about principles in the context of putting a woman as a raffle's prize? Spare me, please

So one wrong should lead to another?  I obviously don't advocate raffling women, but I think that goes without saying.  Would you say a good alternative to raffling women is duping and breaking agreements with your friends?  Might as well fight them for her if all principles are thrown out.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 11:55:10 pm »

You could share her...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 11:58:59 pm »

Would you say a good alternative to raffling women is duping and breaking agreements with your friends?
He's altering the deal. Let them pray that he doesn't change it further
Might as well fight them for her if all principles are thrown out.
Hey, violence is the last resource of the incompetent.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 12:06:15 am by ChairmanPoo »

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 12:00:18 am »

Whoa. When did Salvor Hardin enter this thread?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6