Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Centaurs (SOLVED again)  (Read 1530 times)

ObliqueFault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Centaurs (not so SOLVED)
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 02:46:03 pm »

I notice they're not allowed to use digging implements, so maybe they just can't get to the metal.  And they can't use leather or bone armor because of their ethics.  Try adding the [DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_PICK] tag and see what happens.

Also, if you want them to use steel items, you may need to allow the pig iron reaction for them.

EDIT:  You'd think they'd at least have wooden shields, though.  Maybe the [METAL_PREF] tag prevents that.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 02:48:45 pm by ObliqueFault »

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 03:15:57 pm »

That didn't work. I replaced steel and bronze reactions with all the reactions for humans. I also allowed them to use picks. I was thinking this before: maybe their weird body prevents it?
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

ObliqueFault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 04:33:46 pm »

I finally went through the creature data: it doesn't have the [EQUIPS] tag.  You may also need to add either [INTELLIGENT] or [CAN_LEARN][CAN_SPEAK].

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 05:16:58 pm »

I could have sworn they had those tags. Thank you, it works. I now have the five centaur generals staring my seven dwarves down like it's their job....Even though it is. This isn't going to end well....(they're not marked as friendly :o)
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.
Pages: 1 [2]