Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Identifying extinct neighboring civs before embarking  (Read 937 times)

Scribble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Identifying extinct neighboring civs before embarking
« on: April 15, 2010, 08:25:32 pm »

SOrry the the newbie question, but this is the first time I've played since 2D. ..How does one tell which  neighboring civilisations are active in the embark screen? I've started 6 fortresses on as many continents all of which have said elves, humans and dwarves are nearby in the world gen screen but after embarking always find that it's only dwarves. Many thanks!

Nirreln

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube channel
Re: Identifying extinct neighboring civs before embarking
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 08:33:32 pm »

Use tab on the emback screen before selecting an area, it will list all civs that can access that site and thier status, which can be WAR instead of traders you'll get attacked, NO TRADE means you won't get any trade caravans(not sure what cuases this right now) and the normal blank space for humans, elfs and your own civ, for goblins it will be a red ---------.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 08:37:21 pm by Nirreln »
Quote from: a rather odd engraving
This is a masterful image of your FPS and the HFS. The HFS is committing a depraved act on your FPS.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 08:36:00 pm »

Actually, I was told that the no trade thing was a bug and that you will get caravans of any race that can physically access you. Aside from dwarves which apparently have offscreen boats and planes to cross the mountains and the seas.

AncientEnemy

• Bay Watcher
  • The Answer is always POUR MAGMA ON IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 08:46:18 pm »

make sure you check with tab -after- selecting the area you are thinking of embarking at. you can have a world that contains elves humans and goblins, but they wont always be able to access all parts of that world.

Scribble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 09:07:12 pm »

Many thanks, I thought I had been selecting the area then using tab correctly. (in different areas I get different results eg just dwarves ect) one fortress was also right next to a human city. will try again!

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 10:43:14 pm »

After you embark, the elves and humans may not appear on the c=civ screen until after their first caravan appears.  I've had that screen empty and then was pleasantly surprised with the caravans did indeed show up.

0.31 spoiler
Spoiler (click to show/hide)