Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I dont give a F@#$ if you found more mocroline!  (Read 1236 times)

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
I dont give a F@#$ if you found more mocroline!
« on: December 20, 2007, 03:24:00 pm »

Anyone else get annoyed by the constant mining messages an pauses???? How about an init option to turn off pauses when game events occur? Maybe there could be an icon next to the event in the news section then you could click it if you wanted to go to it . I hate the contstant pause and pull me to the event.
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I dont give a F@#$ if you found more mocroline!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 03:31:00 pm »

I don't mind the pause so much - but the zooming in really gets irritating if I'm trying to do something and I keep getting sent back to the bottom z level because my dwarves found some more useless rock.

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 03:45:00 pm »

Wow, Alunite! Such a useful rock! I mean, you can use it for... rocky things... like things every other rock can do!
Yeah, gets annoying.
My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 03:57:00 pm »

Alunite is an ore.

Sector 7

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 04:23:00 pm »

I hate microline. It's like any other rock, except it comes in a disgusting color and has to grab your attention whenever it's found. It also screws up the color of walls.

Yat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 05:19:00 pm »

Strange, I think microcline has a boss colour, every bit of construction I have is made from it and orthoclase. But yeah the zoom to is a little annoying, especially when the miner is set to dig through z-levels, pauses every time he changes level

SquashMonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 06:05:00 pm »

Microcline and olivine are awesome.  I always bring some with me if I don't plan on being able to mine.

But yeah, the zooming is annoying.  I think zooming the first time is good, but the rest aren't needed at all.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 06:17:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Grek:
<STRONG>Alunite is an ore.</STRONG>
Really, somebody better update the wiki.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

ICMB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 10:42:00 pm »

I think the reason for this "feature" is so that if you have inexperienced miners, you can de-designate the ore/rock that you might have specific use for and then make sure only your best miners get the job to maximize output.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 11:22:00 pm »

quote:

Alunite doesnt do anything.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 10:49:00 am »

quote:
Maybe in reality, but in DF it's a worthless stone.
My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2007, 11:19:00 am »

Not even in reality.  In DF it gets announced because it's found in other stone.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Dreamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2007, 11:58:00 am »

I think alunite is just a little more valuable.

What's really annoying, though, is striking a flux and getting an announcement - When the entire mountain is made from limestone or diorite.  It doesn't bug me too much, though, I actually think it's funny.

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲/
◄Nothing Beats Menacing►
/▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼\

Thallone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2007, 12:26:00 pm »

I like the alunite announcements because I like to have nice, white furniture and doors without having to use up flux, especially on low flux maps. Same goes for the other cluster materials. Although it would be nice to be able to have a don't remind setting so that if it bothers you, it'll only tell you once for each rock type found.

PosiBolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2007, 12:43:00 pm »

On a related note, the ability to turn off the constant warning for digging through damp stone or warm rock would be nice. If you know what you're doing and you're trying to dig under a lake of water or magma, this can be very, very annoying. Each step pauses and forces you to re-designate the dig. An option to either turn off this warning or mark a dig area as 'safe' would be nice.
Pages: [1] 2