Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: *SPOILER* the most pathetic creature youve encountered?  (Read 6866 times)

JamesP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Friends are Electric
Re: *SPOILER* the most pathetic creature youve encountered?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 11:58:37 pm »

I had a steam monster with a shell, but its shell was quickly removed.  It just puffed steam for 10 years before my fortress tantrum spiraled into nothingness.

Pickled Tink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 12:07:16 am »

I had a rather pathetic forgotten beast that I never really got a chance to examine. It ran in, charged my farmer, and was promptly beaten to death for distracting him while he was harvesting a particularly difficult plump helmet. Then another dwarf swooped in and butchered his carcass before I could examine it.

AncientEnemy

• Bay Watcher
  • The Answer is always POUR MAGMA ON IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 12:10:17 am »

probably my first megabeast in 40d. it was a dragon. my real military was all bedridden or dead from a recent goblin attack. I was terrified.

i recruited 5 dwarves with no combat skills, armor or weapons and they wrestled it to death in a halfsecond.

in 31.03 I got my first forgotten beast. he was promptly wrestled to death by cave fish men. (he did kill 4 of the 5 and left the last one paralyzed, but still)

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 12:22:04 am »

Ostru, a huge feathered leech.  It has wings and it undulates rhythmically.  It's sea green feathers are downy.  Beware it's poisonous gas!  Also, it's body is gone.  My axedwarves hacked it into oblivion.  About all it managed to do was spew bile all over the floor.  It's going to take my dwarves weeks to clean up that mess!

Hmm, if you just killed it, might want to give it time before you say it's a pushover...haven't people been saying that "poisonous gas" trait keeps causing rotting disease or something that spreads among all their dwarves?

KG

I actually had something like that happen in my last fort but I'm pretty sure that's not the case this time.  One of my dwarves got knocked unconscious somehow and woke up with a fever but it went away pretty quickly.  Other than that all my dwarves are in tip-top shape.  That and it's been long enough that if something was going to happen it would have happened by now.

Laiska

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 07:55:20 am »

hungry head. hungry head try's to bite your trapper. trapper punches the hungry head to it's head, bruising the brain.
This is a stack of 21 well-prepared creeping eye intestines roast. The ingredients are well-minced prepared creeping eye heart, minced creeping eye meat, minced creeping eye meat and minced prepared creeping eye intestines.

... Could i have some wine with that?

Lmaoboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2010, 10:56:11 am »

A Steam Man that got one-shotted by my miner.

zourath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2010, 11:39:02 am »

Steam creatures in general are very vulnerable to their own steam. Just a couple ranged attacks will bring them down. Individually they are incredibly weak. Plus, lava turns them into obsidian. Hmm, off topic, that gives me an idea. HFS steam creature obsidian farm. You'd need to gen a world with one or two demon types and be very lucky though.

ReverseWill

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs cigarettes to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 01:32:51 pm »

My first Forgotten Beast was a feathered leech with a square shell.

Ostru, a huge feathered leech.

What's with all the feathery leeches? I've heard of, like, four others outside this thread.
Just because that tamed alligator killed someone earlier doesn't mean it wouldn't make a great pet now.

JamesP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Friends are Electric
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2010, 02:00:15 pm »

A Steam Man that got one-shotted by my miner.
Lucky, my steam-slug was invincible (even in .3)

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2010, 03:33:40 pm »

Ok so many of you have encountered titans and forgotten beasts, now i ask you, what is the most pathetic one youve found?

Ive recently found this one

The forgotten beast Ngopex has come! An enormous quadruped composed of salt. It has wings and it squirms and fidgets.

i think i may drown it in my water trap, and make a salt water swimming pool for my dwarves.

The only forgotten beast I've gotten is:
Code: [Select]
Reng Dabxob Slonu Ugox, Ocean Titan
(Reng Autumnforgs the Chants of Rain)
A towering blob composed of salt. It has wings and it has a regal bearing. Beware its poisonous sting!

However it is not pathetic! It could fly, and had a stinger. I would have been a GONER, but luckily merchants came trodding in as a distraction. They were all slaughtered by it. However they managed to slice off its wings and stinger, making it only have a body. However it wouldn't die, its an invincible mega beast!
I managed to seal off my fortress from it since it could no longer fly. It marched around the outsides of my fortress for a year or two, killing and scaring off entire sieges, merchants and migrant waves. My dwarves were trapped inside.
I finally constructed a bridge trap a Z level above, built a stairway to it, and made my dwarves run for it. I trapped the beast between two bridges, and my dwarves were safe to go outside.
However it wasn't good enough. My dwarves kept getting scared by the animate blob of salt hovering above them, as they tried to loot the thousands of items strewn across the map from its victims. It had no walls to surround it and I wondered if it could have fallen or jumped down. To finally put an end to its terror, I built a walled-off pit underground, and collapsed the bridge trap. The beast fell into the pit, surviving, but now completely unable to do anything.

I do wonder if water would kill it. I only doubt it because its an "Ocean Titan", as if it came from the sea initially.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 03:35:54 pm by LucasUP »
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2010, 03:37:04 pm »

Carp.

King of Beasts, hath you fallen from your skull throne? Dark times, I say... this is going to end bad... the world is gonna collapse. There is no worthy successor, elephants not dwarven enough like in the old days, unicorns just couldn't give less of a damn even when we butcher them. Armok help us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2010, 04:07:30 pm »

The Plump Helmet men. Those poor, delicious bastards.

Sigged.  ;D
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2010, 05:19:08 pm »

I got a blob of snow with wings and a gaunt appearance.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It jumped in lava.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2010, 09:41:18 pm »

I just had a steam titan appear.  He attacked some defenseless dwarfs and did no damage at all, and then a swordsdwarf lopped off its head in one hit. 

I just noticed that someone is carrying the "long guys name" steam off to the refuse pile.  I wonder if it slips through the dwarfs fingers?  and if I can get steamed meat and fat out of this?
igless

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2010, 10:51:25 pm »

I just noticed that someone is carrying the "long guys name" steam off to the refuse pile.  I wonder if it slips through the dwarfs fingers?  and if I can get steamed meat and fat out of this?

If it works, make a Lavish meal out of it and several plants so that your dwarves can enjoy some nice steamed vegetables.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4