Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you like feces in game

YES! (i would use it)
NO! (i would not use it, and i think it is pointless/unethical/gross etc.)
yes, but i would dissable it if it was an init option (all yes voters are assumed to be for an init option, only vote here if you think it should be included but you would not use it)

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25

Author Topic: Feces vote  (Read 45429 times)

DalGren

• Bay Watcher
  • Arcade survivor.
    • View Profile
Re: Feces vote
« Reply #315 on: May 31, 2010, 04:35:53 am »

dear god look at that poll! neck and neck! one of these days my dream of roman style plumbing being mandatory will be fulfilled!
my dream
being mandatory
*cough* I thought the con-side was the one pushing their mindsets on others. :P
I often play devil's advocate for the sake of debate. Don't take it personally.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #316 on: May 31, 2010, 04:39:24 am »

I'm pretty sure there was an unwritten "for those who use the option"

DalGren

• Bay Watcher
  • Arcade survivor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 31, 2010, 05:49:28 am »

Hehe, just wanted to poke some fun at the choice of words, sorry :P
I often play devil's advocate for the sake of debate. Don't take it personally.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 31, 2010, 06:24:38 am »

I really miss back when everyone read my thread and discussed this subject there. :(
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Kazang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 31, 2010, 08:36:41 am »

Considering the gross violence of the combat, dead and insane babies and other such dwarfish atrocities not having sewage is quite silly.

I really miss the option to create toilets/bathrooms/sewage systems.  It would definitely add another level to fortress design as you have to accommodate not just the creating of goods but safe disposal as well.  Animals in particular should leave waste behind them and in turn need to be fed.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #320 on: May 31, 2010, 11:33:09 am »

I really miss back when everyone read my thread and discussed this subject there. :(
Why is this important? Aside from ego that is.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 31, 2010, 11:39:43 am »

And people are in fact posting in it, and he didn't even care enough to post a link, so yeah.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 31, 2010, 06:00:03 pm »

Aaaand, back on topic.

Considering the gross violence of the combat, dead and insane babies and other such dwarfish atrocities not having sewage is quite silly.

I really miss the option to create toilets/bathrooms/sewage systems.  It would definitely add another level to fortress design as you have to accommodate not just the creating of goods but safe disposal as well.  Animals in particular should leave waste behind them and in turn need to be fed.

This. Last time i checked cows weren't exactly creatures you want to have wandering around your dining hall.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 08:46:24 pm by Morrigi »
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

EyeOfNundinate

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you remember the lost Nundinates?
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 31, 2010, 07:58:18 pm »

It would be helpful if we could change our votes.

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 31, 2010, 09:13:31 pm »

I vote no because of the kind of content \ personage it might bring to these forums.
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 31, 2010, 09:17:25 pm »

And people are in fact posting in it, and he didn't even care enough to post a link, so yeah.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=52643.255

I didn't want to seem like I walked into a party to tell everyone to go to my other party across the street, but sure. Read the OP. It includes the complete 'filth' proposal.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #326 on: May 31, 2010, 09:38:47 pm »

I vote no because of the kind of content \ personage it might bring to these forums.
So you're cool with the wholesale slaughter of elves, the imprisonment and forced mating of merpeople to harvest the bones of their children, and the constant questions about when we can have pools of blood act like a liquid so we can have blood oceans spilled from the torture of those who come to the fort...

But no poop jokes please?

immibis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 31, 2010, 11:22:08 pm »

So you're cool with the wholesale slaughter of elves, the imprisonment and forced mating of merpeople to harvest the bones of their children, and the constant questions about when we can have pools of blood act like a liquid so we can have blood oceans spilled from the torture of those who come to the fort...

QFT.
If I wanted ramps I would've designated ramps, dammit!

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 01, 2010, 02:09:36 pm »

QFT.

Entirely spot on. All that other stuff has pleasant character. As soon as you guys start posting community stories about the dwarf that shit himself during a siege and then smeared it everywhere I'll be #$&$#in' outta here.
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #329 on: June 01, 2010, 02:21:00 pm »

QFT.

Entirely spot on. All that other stuff has pleasant character. As soon as you guys start posting community stories about the dwarf that shit himself during a siege and then smeared it everywhere I'll be #$&$#in' outta here.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

So I shall reply with this animated gif.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25