Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: ATTENTION: Forum Story thread [All is explained in the Other Thread]  (Read 3306 times)

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
Re: ATTENTION: Forum Story thread [All is explained in the Other Thread]
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2010, 01:07:31 pm »

Mustafa approaches the Main Road leading away from the Mountain. It is a deep groove in the earth that presumably has been eroded by countless footsteps. Toony runs excitedly down into the groove. There are many humans making their way too and fro the Mountain. Mustafa looks back up at the mountain and his eyes are met by a harsh gleam from the very top of the mountain.
"Enquiro" mutters the Wizard, his staff pointed tentatively towards the Humans busying themselves on the street. The End of the Wizard's stick glows a Bright Green, "Well, they're human!"
"Interesting" said Mustafa, "I wonder what's going on here." Meanwhile, the exited Mole danced in the Road, throwing dust above his head and running about.
"Humsies, Humsies. We are saveds" He cried and ran about. Mustafa headed down into the Road and grabbed the shoulder of a nearby Man. The man looks back through his dirty beard, he is startled and raises his other hand at Mustafa. Water erupted from his palm and knocked Mustafa over.
"What do you want?!" The man bellowed back. A drenched Mustafa looks back, disgruntled yet cool.
"What are you people doing here?" He answered from the floor, "Why is it so busy here? and Where did all of you come from?"
"I am from the Kingdom of Sweden" he replied angrily, "Why should I tell you what we are doing?" A small ring of men and women had gathered around the hermit and the wet Arab. "You may be a spy, sent by the Demon in human form."
"I can assure you I am not a demon" this caused an uproar from the crowd, who seemed scared and surprised by this answering back. "What?!" replied Mustafa irritably.
"Demons lie and you have not answered according to code" said a bystander
"We need to run an analysis!" said another.
"I am willing to preform an Operation" cried a voice from the Crowd. A gasp rippled around the  crowd and all eyes turned to a tall man in the crowd. A path opened up for him and he strode confidently into the circle. "Gut day sir, I vill be your Doctor for today." He knelt down beside Mustafa and beckoned towards the crowd, several of whom rushed down to Mustafa and held him in position.
"What are you doing to me?" cried Mustafa who used his power to hit one of his captors with a clump of dirt ripped from the ground.
"Vell, zat is a rather interesting powar you have zere" The tall man replied, in a thick Germanic syrup of a voice, "now zis is only a qvik operation and trust me, it will only heart a little."
Mustafa kicked and struggled but was quickly set upon by the Man. His touch cause Mustafa to go limp and immobile. He was unaware of any sensation below his neck. The tall man removed Mustafa's cloak from his torso and ran a finger the center from Diaphragm to Intestine and the skin peeled back. Mustafa could only watch in horror as his own skin recessed and bore forth the red internal horror of the body. The man looked at it calmly, occasionally making another incision and monitoring the Bleeding. the noise of someone vomiting could be heard at one point. The tall man leant back from Mustafa's open body, somewhat satisfied, and snapped his fingers. Everything in Mustafa's body jumped back into place and his torso fastened up. The man look at Mustafa, smug, and walked away
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: ATTENTION: Forum Story thread [All is explained in the Other Thread]
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2010, 01:17:02 pm »

An extremely tired and wounded Phantom came from a far off location, arriving just in time to see the operation on Mustafa.
He simply vomits.
He whispers to himself in an angry but surprised tone. "Alright, the hell is wrong with the world!?"
Phantom edges slowly towards the crowd, hoping not to be seen.
He points his pulse rifle towards the crowd should any come after him.
A thought came in his mind, should he gun down the crowd or not? They look paranoid and hostile, but they are also human.
He switches the rifles safety on and off while pondering what he should do.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]