Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: ATTENTION: Forum Story thread [All is explained in the Other Thread]  (Read 3310 times)

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
Re: ATTENTION: Forum Story thread [All is explained in the Other Thread]
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2010, 05:47:29 am »

Mustafa saw a large rock not too far away. He used his power to lift it, making sure the priest was the only one left and could not see, and sent it flying in the direction of the Demonic creature. The stone hit the thing in the back and sent it sprawling on the floor. Mustafa sprinted over to it, placed the sword tip on the back of it's neck, and kicked it in the sides. The demon bent in fear, carefully not moving his neck through fear of paralysis, and released limp on the ground.
"What is the place?" Demanded Mustafa, the demon started laughing, an evil, gravelly chuckle, "I said, What is this Place!?" Shouted Mustafa very loudly.
"It is the Maze" replied the Priest, "you have been brought here to die" he
continued to laugh and squirm beneath the Sword tip.
"Why can you understand me?" asked Mustafa, pressing the sword a bit firmer into the back of the Demon's neck.
"It's the master's magic, the magic of the maze, everyone thinking conscious thoughts can understand one another" replied the Priest, " I just have to shout and they will come back" he said in a sickly tone
"I wouldn't do that if I were you," said Mustafa pressing the sword even deeper into the neck, a small amount of blood began to appear at the end, "Are there others?"
"Yes there are others" chortled the Demon, "and they will die as well!"
"How do I get out?"
"You must find the Portal, at the center of the Maze!"
"Great" Mustafa finished and plunged the Sword into the Demon's neck, killing him.
 At this point, a man in a very heavy suit of armor and a short, chunky musket burst from the Trees up above and jumped down into the crater. He raised this musket at Mustafa.
"Who are you?" said the man, "You're one of them, aren't you?"
"No, No" replied Mustafa quickly, "I have just killed this one, it was some kind of leader, a priest or something. There are many more and a giant bird like creature without any wings!"
"Ok, I believe you." replied the man, "My name is Phantom, what is yours?"
"I am Mustafa" said Mustafa, "and we must get out of here before they come back"
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2010, 01:52:37 pm »

"Fine.
Which way did the most demons go?
And to make sure this, thing, is dead..."

Phantom points his pulse rifle at the dead body, and let's loose a controlled burst.
The last bullet hits the head, leaving a large hole right between the eyes.
He kicks it for good measure.

"By the way, where the hell are we? Hell?"

Phantom awaits for an answer.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2010, 01:59:29 pm »

ToonyMan waits for someone to insert him into their story.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2010, 01:32:25 pm »

Upon close inspection, the camp is composed of tents made of a green leather, the fires are glowing a soft Purple and the Demon's skin is a dark red. Presently however, there was not time to inspect the view as a mysterious creature bursts his way through the hard ground and screamed violently at the two men. This creature as like a man, albeit hairy and with a long nose and vestigial eyes. In one hand he carried a sword and his other hand flailed wildly in all directions.
  "YOU OTHERS. I STAY WITH YOU" He cried, "YOU ARE OTHER HUMIES I STAY WITH YOU AND GET OUT OF MAZE!"
 Mustafa and Phantom shared a look at eahc other, clearly bemused by this new and rather odd creature who claimed to be Human
 "YOU?! Are human?" Inquired Phantom who regarded this strange creature as something of disgust.
 "I HUMAN." It shouted in reply, "I JOIN OTHER HUMIES, IN HELP WITH SWORD"
 "Well, if you say so" Replied Phantom, a little suspicious and still disgusted, " Do you know the way to go?"
 "YES ME KNOW" replied the Thing, "ME NAME CAMINA. LIVE UNDER MAZE AND ME DIG UP BECAUSE I HANDS BIG NOW!"
 "Ok, Camina, what is the best way to go from here?" Replied Mustafa, "How do we get out of here in the quickest time possible?
 "Now, Now" Camina replied, "One cannot simply walk into the real world! It would take army to get to Portal, an Army I say!"
 "We are two men with extraordinary abilities," Said Mustafa, "I am sure we can fight our way to it"
 "No!" Shouted Camina back, he clambered out of the earth to reveal a strangely dressed body with stumpy legs and a small tail. His sword was mysteriously back in it's sheath which was shorter than the sword and the tip protruded rudely from the end of it. "Army of Special Humies, you are two! You will never even get close!"
 "Then where do we find help? There surely are no more humans here." Answered Mustafa, "Where are we supposed to find an army, if there was an army it would have gotten out by now."
 "There is no army," Said Camina all too knowingly," because it has not arrived yet." he gestured to the sky.
 Sure enough, in the distance in the sky, many pipes could be seen either dropping or retreating. Many pipes with many payloads. Thousands of humans taken from earth and deposited here, The Wretched Demonic Maze.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2010, 01:56:17 pm »

Curse those pipes in the sky, they taunt us with their looming danger.

I THINK IT WOULD BE BESTST IF WE STAY TO GETHER

*Camina's tail falls off*

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 06:18:02 pm »

"I don't think I'm special at all. I'm just a normal guy that happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. I just wish I had my squad with me. At least I know them all."
Phantom stares, wondering what the hell is going on.
He picks up the tail.
"And I'm wondering why the hell that THINGs tail fell off."

And soon a man in white robes wanders in from the forest.

"Alright what the hell!? It's like a damned congregation around here!
I'm heading west to find other humans. Anyone willing to come with me?"

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 06:19:24 pm »

It was a chilly spring morning, and Little John was out minding the sheep. It was mind-numbingly dull work, and he had almost fallen asleep twice. Vainly striving to stay awake, he started to count sheep. He had to start over twice, just to be sure, but when he finished counting he found that he was missing a lamb.
Trying not to panic, he began to walk around the perimeter of the flock, shooing drifters back towards the center. As he did this, he saw a figure in the distance, carrying a white bundle. He began running towards it, calling out.
But it was not his lamb. It was an old woman, back stooped and hair gone white with age, carrying a bundle of unstained silk.
John was crestfallen.
"Lost something?" queried the old woman. "Perhaps I can help."
After searching in the bushes and tall grasses, the two began to head deeper into the forest that surrounded the pasture.
A few hours later, a young girl emerged, clothed in a white silk dress and a worn leather pack.
While it had not been her original intention to sacrifice the boy, she had gotten tired of searching for the lamb.
She was not greeted by the pasture, but by a deep pit, surrounded by jagged rocks, as though it was the mouth of hell itself.
Smiling, she jumped in.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2010, 07:06:51 pm »

After two hours of following the river, unchanging scenery the entire way, Frederick found the source: a spring bubbling up from somewhere underground. He had eaten more mushrooms and decided to continue walking in the direction the river had been going. "Bound to run into something eventually," he mused.

Another hour passed. He thought he had seen something in the trees watching him once, but nothing was there when he went over to check. Finally, he broke into a clearing and saw three figures walking. They seemed non-threatening, so he approached. "I am a journeyman wizard. I greet you and your fair expedition; do you have any tasks that require a wizard's help?" Pausing for breath, he continued. "Or, to be honest, maybe you can help me. I'm lost. I've been walking for hours, and haven't met anyone. I'm pleased that it was three humans I found, rather then ogres or some other -" He stopped speaking and looked closely at one of the figures.

Muttering some inaudible words, he watched the sapphire on his staff. It briefly glowed a faint purple color, then cycled through several other colors before the light faded. "Fascinating." He took another look at the possibly-human being before him. "Well, do you mind if I travel with you? I sense a great evil here, and I don't feel safe wandering around alone."

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2010, 07:21:27 pm »

"Uh, sure.

I'll be heading west now.

Away from here.

Right now."

Phantom walks west.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2010, 07:24:41 pm »

Come back robot man!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2010, 07:27:25 pm »

A bullet from his pulse rifle leaves a hole in the ground.
He shoots a few more.
The bullet holes arrange to a sentence saying
"I'm not a damn robot and what the hell are you"

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2010, 07:48:57 pm »

Frederick bends over to examine the odd holes that have appeared in the ground. "Strange; there was no magic. Do all of the people of Robotia communicate like this ... whoever you are?"

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2010, 07:52:04 pm »

Phantom comes back without his helmet, revealing a man in his mid-twenties with clean-cut hair.
"I said I am not a damn robot. And just call me Phantom."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2010, 08:02:31 pm »

Frederick bows to the man. "I'm sorry to have offended you. I didn't know that being from Robotia was disgraceful in these parts. I think Kyrina, may she forever reign, sent me here to get rid of this evil, and I don't know the local customs." He studies the man for a few seconds before pulling a small, blue cube from a small pocket in his sleeve. He holds it out towards Phantom. "Please accept this as an apology. You may need it if you are going out there alone. If you yell 'help' twice it should slow down anything acting aggressively towards you, as though they were moving through mud. It will only work once, however, so use it wisely."

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2010, 08:10:00 pm »

"I believe you'll use it better than me.
Besides I have this."
Phantom shoots at what he assumes as a bird, and falls to the ground with a few holes in it's heart.
"I assumed it was much smaller than that."
The bird takes up a quarter of the area.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5