Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Lots of trading /w orkies?  (Read 582 times)

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d] Lots of trading /w orkies?
« on: April 15, 2010, 12:31:30 pm »

Hi, due to the current problems which are still up with the current version I'm setting up a new install on the latest 40d# version. For this I am searching for the best mod to suit my wishes. Main questions go for the following two:
- Dig deeper (I have used this one for a long time and like it very much due to it's difficulty level)
- Civ. mod (Lots and LOTS of trade civ's, I really want that in my upcoming fortress!)

I am searching for a mod which can give me headaches and 'your stronghold has crumbled' messages, but also grant me masses and masses of trading civilizations. What oh what should I do?

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Lots of trading /w orkies?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 01:12:25 pm »

Make your own? Just take the races Civ and Entity files from your favourite mods and throw them all together :P
Proper English will make people take you more serious.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 01:25:01 pm »

I second Huggz advice, and would add on that if you end up with so many entities you may need to create larger worlds to get all of them. Usually when you get upwards of 8 or more, I've had trouble getting them all to appear in world that are small or smaller.

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 04:39:04 pm »

Hmmm... I must say that I am very unskilled with modding.
Adapting minor parameters and removing the trapavoid tag is all I've done with modding so far.

Are there problems I should watch out for if I do this?
(I read something about numbers somewhere)

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 04:46:57 pm »

Trapavoid is pretty straightforward, normally orcs run straight past your traps, without the tag you'll be able to defend your first with them.

As far as "minor parameters" go, that could mean anything. But so long as you haven't gone crazy and given damblock and size values 100's, you should be fine.

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 04:52:50 pm »

ok, I'll try to fit some of the races of civ mod into dig deeper :D