Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hideous Magical Mutants!  (Read 714 times)

Nukeitall

• Bay Watcher
  • HURR DURRR
    • View Profile
Hideous Magical Mutants!
« on: August 04, 2007, 09:52:00 pm »

Perhaps I'm getting a bit ahead of the curve here, but when magic is implemented we should be able to create freakish mutants from existing animals through wizardry.

Bear with me - I'll try to explain.

Freakish wizard spawned mutants are a HALLMARK of traditional fantasy dating all the way back to Tolkien and beyond. You can't even run a D&D game without running into the spawn of some wizard's mad power trip which may (or may not) have gone over so well.

That all said, I think it would be extremely cool to trap monsters and create a race of mutant freaks that destroys your fortress and the world. Or just guards it. Or one then the other.

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hideous Magical Mutants!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 10:07:00 pm »

Interesting idea, i guess it could just place some random modifiers depending on the skill of whoever was messing with it. So, dabblers will turn critters into weak shadows of their former selves, likely killing them in the process, but a legendary could turn your regular war dogs into the ultimate machines of ruthless agression... or impervious defense, depending on your play style.

Ben7el

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 02:55:00 am »

Phear the mighty Owlbear, the dreaded Bunnywolf, the ferocious Penguinlion, THE TERRIBLE DUCKSNAKE!

PHEAR THEM!

-
-
-

Otherwise, I agree with this idea, would be cool to say "Unleash the Giant Jagphants(or Eleuars if that sounds cooler)/Ligers/Tigons/whatever(Ligers and Tigons do exist, they are just really rare and can't breed.)

Ravendas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 10:01:00 am »

This is all already written up in the future plans / bloats pages. You will be able to selectively breed for traits and combines species and such, create your own monstrous races to do your will.

Flip through the bloats pages, a lot of what people suggest is already thought up by Threetoe and Toady.

Threetoe even wrote a story about halfies.

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 03:22:00 pm »

Behold! IT LIVES!

When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

Dreamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 03:58:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Ravendas:
<STRONG>Threetoe even wrote a story about halfies.</STRONG>

I haven't seen that one; is that in the Stories area?  I suppose I should read through all of those, some time... Good stuff.

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲/
◄Nothing Beats Menacing►
/▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼\