Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Funny Sleeping in Barracks  (Read 1149 times)

Tallim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Funny Sleeping in Barracks
« on: April 15, 2010, 12:04:21 pm »

Just had a dwarf go into the barracks to sleep and he used a weapon rack. Everything was setup correctly anyone else seen this? Barracks had 6 empty beds for him to use, two armour stands and two weapon racks.

It conjures up a rather odd image in my head  ???
Cats always land on their feet, finding the feet after is the trick.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Funny Sleeping in Barracks
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 12:27:46 pm »

Sleep on a bed?  NEVAH!  I AHM A WEAPON!  I SLEEPS ON A WEAPON RAKKH!
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Mikko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 01:06:33 pm »

Just had a dwarf go into the barracks to sleep and he used a weapon rack. Everything was setup correctly anyone else seen this? Barracks had 6 empty beds for him to use, two armour stands and two weapon racks.

It conjures up a rather odd image in my head  ???
Have you designated the barracks to extend beyond the tile the weapon rack is on? The dwarves might think that it's the only tile that counts as the barracks; therefor they try to sleep on it.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 06:01:41 pm »

in all honesty, a weapon rack may be more comfortable than a wooden slab, unless beds are contoured to a dwarf's body
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Kza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 06:53:15 pm »

in all honesty, a weapon rack may be more comfortable than a wooden slab, unless beds are contoured to a dwarf's body

If I had the chance to sleep somewhere, I'd take flexible wood over the hard stone with sharp objects poking out of it. But I'm weird.
And then it's pretty much a normal fortress from then on.
I find the idea of a normal fortress amusing.

Mikko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 08:57:38 am »

If I had the chance to sleep somewhere, I'd take flexible wood over the hard stone with sharp objects poking out of it. But I'm weird.

Artifact beds. Those dwarves are tough.

Tallim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 10:15:42 am »

Double checked it. The Barracks is designated from one of the armor stands, fills the whole room including all beds and other furniture. So no error there.

Goin to keep an eye on the barracks and see if it happens again. Might be something to do with multiple furniture items in the barracks zone.

Though if I could persuade them all to sleep on weapon racks you could fit a lot more dorfs in the sleeping areas.
Cats always land on their feet, finding the feet after is the trick.