Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: MOVED: The forum story because apparently I deserves to be here.  (Read 2104 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: MOVED: The forum story because apparently I deserves to be here.
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 01:38:55 pm »

Meh.

Name: Phantom
Power: Pulse Rifle and strong armor. And assistance from HUD in helmet.
History: He is a GDI Light Infantry soldier with the rank of Field Commander, most of the time he works alongside his troops in battle.
Appearance: This.
Personality: Loner and kind of quiet. A bit curious. Defiant.

Nothing real special about me...

Antagonist(s): The Devil and demons? Well it is a demonic maze. A bunch of cultists?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 01:52:47 pm by Phantom »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 01:41:03 pm »

Might be fun; I'll try it.

Name: Frederick XVIII

Skill: Arcane Magic. He focused on the schools of pyromancy and metamagic. He can cast other spells, but not very skillfully (His conjured food is, arguably, edible. Barely. His can cast healing spells, but they tend to be excruciatingly painful). His magic works by saying certain words or phrases, which are used to trigger and direct his power. Any language would work for his type of magic, as would gestures. He tied his power to Latin words so as to have easy access to his magic without the risk of accidentally using magic, a common practice amongst lower and mid level wizards. In a pinch he can cast spells with pure thought, but that takes noticeably more effort. His spells are fairly tiring.
He can create crystallized spells in advance, but the process is roughly three times as tiring as the normal spell. The crystals start to fade in a week, although anyone may activate them if they know the trigger.

History: Frederick's spirit goes where he is most needed to fight evil, although he rarely remembers more then the occasional snippet of previous lives. This is his 18th incarnation.
His parents are unknown. He was raised by monks in his early life. On his sixth birthday, a wandering journeyman wizard discovered his magical talent. He spent the next fourteen years as an apprentice, and has chosen the path of the journeyman - To wander the world, fighting Evil and helping people with his craft.

Appearance: A short, thin human. He prefers to wear simple white robes, and carries a wooden staff with a sapphire embedded at the tip.

Personality: Frederick prides himself on being logical. He never directly lies, due to his method of spellcasting. He has a love of learning. He tends to think out loud, and talks excessively when excited.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 04:12:13 pm by Nirur Torir »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 01:42:38 pm »

I think it's best to start your character with very little detail and have it grow in time.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 01:44:01 pm »

Name: Alfred Nobel

Power: Explosives chemistry, supplies of dynamite

History: "A-Bomb" as his friends call him, spent his youth making awesome exposives so people could blow each other up as thoroughly as possible. He was transported to the Maze by some unknown force and replaced in the real world by a pansy who pretended to have a "change of heart" about the whole destruction thing.

Appearance

Personality: Jocular and amorous ;P
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 01:49:19 pm »

Name: Sikeludos
Power: I'm not telling~ You'll learn it later or something.
History: Sikeludos is an strange creature ODD HUMAN who has been wandering across the world, collecting various items, a collector of curiosities you could say. Nobody knows if he is even human EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT HE IS MOST DEFINITELY HUMAN, as his face is always covered by an unatural darkness made by his hood.
Appearance: A short creature HUMAN, he wears what seems to be a large sack with a hood, sleeves, and legholes. He wears thick mittens and large cloth shoes at all times, never showing an inch of skin. On his head he wears a large black fedora with a purple band.
Personality: Like... how he looks and stuff?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 01:55:06 pm by Rashilul »

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 01:58:47 pm »

Ok we seem to have a good selection of Characters. Does anyone want to do an Introductory post for your characters. Basically you have to describe the events leading up to characters introduction and the initial experience of the maze.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2010, 01:59:14 pm »

It would also be a help if someone did a different thread to do it it.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2010, 02:05:52 pm »

What's wrong with this one?

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2010, 02:07:14 pm »

Oh ok, I thought it might look neater if you did it in another thread and this could be like a discussion thread to accompany it

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2010, 03:26:10 pm »

New thread has been made Here please do any discussion in this thread.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2010, 03:37:20 pm »

Toony Man, You so crazy

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2010, 03:47:38 pm »

Hmmm... so, since I can do want I want, I can fall into a cavern right? And see a monster or something? Even though you didn't?

Anyway, gotten started writin now...

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2010, 03:50:57 pm »

Yeah precisely, there are no rules, except that all the characters need to be part of a group at some point

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2010, 03:56:47 pm »

Yeah precisely, there are no rules, except that all the characters need to be part of a group at some point

Kewl.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2010, 04:14:01 pm »

I'll get started on my initial story. I changed his personality, hopefully for more conflicts.
Pages: 1 [2] 3