Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: Dwarf: The Hammering (Unoriginal)  (Read 15143 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf: The Hammering (Unoriginal)
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2010, 11:39:39 pm »

The card Drawing system is to make it a little more fluid without waiting for a GM to PM what each player has drawn...

Ok lets take this as an example...

Its my opponents end phase and he rolls on the RNG and gets 36...
I look at my deck list and find which card I had numbered 36, which doesn't mean it was the 36th card in the list mind you, So I draw that card...

Meanwhile the GM looks at the thread and looks at the list I had sent him before the game started, reads that the Card 36 is Miner. So in my hand there should be a Miner card and what ever has been played before hand...

Unless the game has both players drawing ALL their cards, the GM should be able to look at the posts and read the numbers that have been shown, do the matching up and say yes, player 1 has been drawing the right cards. Or No Player 1 drew a Champion Hammerdwarf instead of the Miner, heck he should not have ever HAD a Hammerdwarf as he never drew it to begin with. He loses...

The GM never really needs to post unless he is asked a question or he notices someone cheating...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2010, 11:48:28 pm »

@Webadict
Wait, peasants can attack?!
I thought they were in the civilian zone, so they couldn't attack...

But like I said, drawing doesn't seem like it'd take that long... pull up random.org, get a number, find that card, done.

But, can we proceed with Neyvn's system? It's very elegant, and it would eliminate almost all GM intervention - you really wouldn't have to do much at all.

@Neyvn
That's a very good plan! I think we should do that.

@RedWarrior
What do you think of Neyvn's plan? I'd like to use it, if you and webadict think so too.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2010, 11:50:19 pm »

The card Drawing system is to make it a little more fluid without waiting for a GM to PM what each player has drawn...

Ok lets take this as an example...

Its my opponents end phase and he rolls on the RNG and gets 36...
I look at my deck list and find which card I had numbered 36, which doesn't mean it was the 36th card in the list mind you, So I draw that card...

Meanwhile the GM looks at the thread and looks at the list I had sent him before the game started, reads that the Card 36 is Miner. So in my hand there should be a Miner card and what ever has been played before hand...

Unless the game has both players drawing ALL their cards, the GM should be able to look at the posts and read the numbers that have been shown, do the matching up and say yes, player 1 has been drawing the right cards. Or No Player 1 drew a Champion Hammerdwarf instead of the Miner, heck he should not have ever HAD a Hammerdwarf as he never drew it to begin with. He loses...

The GM never really needs to post unless he is asked a question or he notices someone cheating...
... That's a really good way to do that, actually. It saves a lot of middle man stuff.

@Webadict
Wait, peasants can attack?!
I thought they were in the civilian zone, so they couldn't attack...

But like I said, drawing doesn't seem like it'd take that long... pull up random.org, get a number, find that card, done.

But, can we proceed with Neyvn's system? It's very elegant, and it would eliminate almost all GM intervention - you really wouldn't have to do much at all.

@Neyvn
That's a very good plan! I think we should do that.

@RedWarrior
What do you think of Neyvn's plan? I'd like to use it, if you and webadict think so too.
Yes, I think you can move Minions in between zones for free (Like, if it's -(X)'d), so you can attack with anything. I mean... it has an attack value for a reason.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2010, 12:01:50 am »

Lolololol.
Time to die, Red.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2010, 01:35:38 am »

So, I need to remake my Dwarf Professions?

Darn.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2010, 02:02:12 am »

Anyone want a game?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2010, 12:54:46 pm »

You're on!
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2010, 02:54:37 pm »

I like the card-drawing plan. After this game.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2010, 03:19:36 pm »

The split for military and cilian zones are such that if something is in military zone, nothing in civilian zone can be attacked.
Nothing in civilian zone can block before everyone in the military zone also blocks.
I'll need to check out the old thread, but I'll be gone till Saturday  :(

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2010, 03:50:42 pm »

You're on!
Right then. Grab the starter Deck on Page 1, Shuffle it then number it, Then finally send it to Webadict?? Or Rooster??...

Also how much Fortress strength you want to start with, I was thinking we try 50.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2010, 04:01:10 pm »

Actually I was thinking about my idea about Food gathering from last post.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Farmer also should have a Gather Ability and gains counters with the Farmer's main ability. That way if you get stagnant of Peasants you are still able to harvest if you have a Farmer.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2010, 04:29:12 pm »

Actually I was thinking about my idea about Food gathering from last post.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Farmer also should have a Gather Ability and gains counters with the Farmer's main ability. That way if you get stagnant of Peasants you are still able to harvest if you have a Farmer.
What if you aren't allowed to Gather unless there are no Units in your Opponent's Military Zone.

Also, remove the Gather's from all of the other professions.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2010, 05:56:10 pm »

I think removing the Gathers would be good enough.
Maybe also have a Haul ability for the peasants, which would give a "token" to a profession; with 4 tokens, they can -X for free. This would represent, say, peasants hauling away a woodcutter's wood for him, letting him cut more wood.

Nobles should be able to have unfortunate accidents for some sort of fortress-wide morale boost. That could be unbalanced, though.

Webadict, can you draw me a card?
RedWarrior, can we start using the self-draw as soon as possible? I'll send a list to Webadict; you do too; I play my turn with the card Webadict draws me, and draw you yours; and we can go on with the game quickly and easily, whenever we want to. How about it?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2010, 05:57:36 pm »

Okay, drawing card.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2010, 06:22:00 pm »

Primary Phase
   3 Peasants move into military zone
   Miner Mines.
Combat Phase
   2 Peasant attack. The targets don't matter; both Recruit and Scout are killed.
   1 Peasant attacks Furnace. Furnace is destroyed.
   Catapult uses 1 stone, X's Dwarf Smith, Sieges Dwarf Woodcutter. Dwarf Woodcutter dies.
Secondary Phase
   Play Cave-In. X's Dwarf Woodcutter; enemy Miner dies.

Cheddarius
FS 100
{f}x14 {w}x5 {s}x3 {m}x0

Field:
-Military zone:
[Wall] x 1
[Catapult] x 1
[Dwarf Peasant] x 3

-Civilians zone:
[Dwarf Woodcutter] x 1
[Dwarf Smith] x 1
[Dwarf Miner] x 1