Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: Dwarf: The Hammering (Unoriginal)  (Read 15137 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: Dwarf: The Hammering (Unoriginal)
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2010, 02:18:10 pm »

...I have no idea where that comment came from. Anyway, if you want to see them as they come, I have an album for them at http://tinypic.com/useralbum.php?ua=tDQIZ6kL73GgDseSuv8CGg%3D%3D.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2010, 06:18:11 pm »

Into play goes my Peasant. Miner mines, peasants x2 gather, woodcutter smelts.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2010, 06:29:56 pm »

That's from Lord of the Rings. Frodo volunteers to go to Mordor, and people are saying "You have my blade" and such, and Gimli says, "And my axe!"

Also, the woodcutter can't smelt. >_>

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2010, 07:26:55 pm »

That's from Lord of the Rings. Frodo volunteers to go to Mordor, and people are saying "You have my blade" and such, and Gimli says, "And my axe!"

Also, the woodcutter can't smelt. >_>
Actually, in this case, he can, since he has a [Furnace].

Into play goes my Peasant. Miner mines, peasants x2 gather, woodcutter smelts.
Cheddarius
FS 100
{f}x10 {w}x4 {s}x0 {m}x0

Field:
-Military zone:
[Wall] x 1
-Civilians zone:
[Dwarf Peasant] x 3
[Dwarf Woodcutter] x 1
[Dwarf Smith] x 1
[Dwarf Miner] x 1

RedWarrior0
FS 100
{f}x2 {w}x0 {s}x2 {m}x2

Field:
-Military zone:
[Dwarf Scout] x 1
-Civilians zone:
[Dwarf Peasant] x 3
[Dwarf Miner] x 1
[Dwarf Woodcutter] x 1
[Furnace] x 1

Cheddarius' turn. Drawing card...

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2010, 07:47:26 pm »

Primary Phase: Miner Mines, Woodcutter Woodcuts, Peasants Gather
     Play Catapult
     -X Catapult if Possible
Secondary Phase: If Catapult is -Xed, Siege Scout (X Smith)
     Else, Smith Gathers

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2010, 08:02:53 pm »

Primary Phase: Miner Mines, Woodcutter Woodcuts, Peasants Gather
     Play Catapult
     -X Catapult if Possible
Secondary Phase: If Catapult is -Xed, Siege Scout (X Smith)
     Else, Smith Gathers

... Hmm... I'm going to fix the rules on Constructions. They cannot be used when they're first played. Since it was being followed since then, it should be fine.

Cheddarius
FS 100
{f}x14 {w}x3 {s}x2 {m}x0

Field:
-Military zone:
[Wall] x 1
[Catapult] x 1
-Civilians zone:
[Dwarf Peasant] x 3
[Dwarf Woodcutter] x 1
[Dwarf Smith] x 1
[Dwarf Miner] x 1

RedWarrior0
FS 100
{f}x2 {w}x0 {s}x2 {m}x2

Field:
-Military zone:
[Dwarf Scout] x 1
-Civilians zone:
[Dwarf Peasant] x 3
[Dwarf Miner] x 1
[Dwarf Woodcutter] x 1
[Furnace] x 1

RedWarrior0's turn. Drawing card...

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2010, 08:13:49 pm »

Food needs to be nerfed.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2010, 08:26:20 pm »

Food needs to be nerfed.
I think you're right. I'll remove Gather from all {Profession}s.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2010, 08:29:33 pm »

All three peasants gather. The miner mines and woodcutter cuts. Play dwarf recruit.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2010, 08:39:07 pm »

Catapults are way overpowered, in my opinion. I've got this and I can essentially fend off anything he throws at me, unless by some incredible stroke of luck he gets a Legendary Hammerdwarf or something, and at that point he'll have to gather resources for many turns. While he does that, I can simply smash his things, especially his miner and forge, to ruins, and build up my own massive army, which will run around the land slaughtering every last dwarf.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2010, 10:35:31 pm »

Catapults are way overpowered, in my opinion. I've got this and I can essentially fend off anything he throws at me, unless by some incredible stroke of luck he gets a Legendary Hammerdwarf or something, and at that point he'll have to gather resources for many turns. While he does that, I can simply smash his things, especially his miner and forge, to ruins, and build up my own massive army, which will run around the land slaughtering every last dwarf.
Yeah, I knew I made Catapult too powerful... Hmm... I'll remove it after this game. I knew it was stupid when I put it in... Man.

All three peasants gather. The miner mines and woodcutter cuts. Play dwarf recruit.
Cheddarius
FS 100
{f}x14 {w}x3 {s}x2 {m}x0

Field:
-Military zone:
[Wall] x 1
[Catapult] x 1
-Civilians zone:
[Dwarf Peasant] x 3
[Dwarf Woodcutter] x 1
[Dwarf Smith] x 1
[Dwarf Miner] x 1

RedWarrior0
FS 100
{f}x3 {w}x2 {s}x4 {m}x2

Field:
-Military zone:
[Dwarf Recruit] x 1
[Dwarf Scout] x 1
-Civilians zone:
[Dwarf Peasant] x 3
[Dwarf Miner] x 1
[Dwarf Woodcutter] x 1
[Furnace] x 1

Cheddarius's turn.

I can't keep drawing cards tonight. It's too draining over thread.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2010, 10:41:12 pm »

Frankly, drawing cards seems pretty simple to me. You know approximately how many cards there are; round up a bit, use random.org to find a random number in that range, and count from the beginning of the stack to the end to find your card. I think that's random, unless of course you underestimate and end up never using the [Dwarf Demigod] that's last or whatnot.

Or Rooster or someone could do it.

However, if you have other stuff to do, that's more important than this, so yeah.

Also, the Catapult is a good idea - it's just a bit overpowered. I think it should be a counter to the Wall, because the Wall is a bit too strong too - it basically duplicates itself (with stone cost) and is very strong.
How about the Catapult has only a 1/6 chance to hit a unit, but hits a construction every time? And it should have very weak health, since it can't defend itself.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 10:43:43 pm by Cheddarius »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2010, 10:59:04 pm »

What about this...

Pesents have counters on them, say 3, and each gather they do removes a counter. This represnets gathering wild plants in DF. The Farmer on the otherhand 'plants' crops, which adds a counter to each pesent...

So that at the start you become stagnent of dwarf power due to lack of food or gathering of said food untill you get a farmer who returns counters to the Pesents to harvest with. Meaning also that its a bad Idea to UPGRADE All your Pesents and also gives you a reason to Dedraft a warrior, for when I read that a warrior has Dedraft it made no sense to do so...

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

ALSO with Drawing in most TGCs its a main ploy that the one that starts does not draw a card to represent the fact that he has a critter down before the other player has technically started the game...

SO how about that at the end of each players turn they roll a RNG out of the max deck size.

Each player 'shuffles' his own deck by randomising the way they are set and numbers them from 1 to Deck max. He then PMs the resulting deck to the GM and the game starts by each player rolling the RNG for their Oppoents' hands.
What happens is that each card is matched to the RNG result to the closest to the first card, when the case is that card is already drawn, and the player adds that card to their hand themselves. It works as a trust system that the player is not drawing cards they should not be because the GM is able to look at the Deck List and say, you should have this in hand and on field, every now and then...

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Also Fails on the cards. They should be made in Ascii...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2010, 11:13:37 pm »

I've always thought that Go's system for resolving turn disputes was very elegant.
So how about this: One person says "First person loses X fortress strength", and the other gets to choose which place?
So, for example, if I say "If you start, you lose 99 fortress strength", Red's just going to say "Okay, I'll go second" and I'll be screwed with 1 FS.

On that note, weren't we only supposed to have 10 Fortress Strength? 100 seems excessive. Maybe 20, 10 seems not very high.

Neyvn, I don't understand your card-drawing system. Do you mean that on Red's turn, I'd pm Webadict and say "Card 27" and he'd draw card 27 for Red's draw? That seems overly complicated - couldn't Webby just randomize it himself? - and also lengthens the turns by some time (two people have to respond in a turn, instead of just one)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2010, 11:26:43 pm »

I've always thought that Go's system for resolving turn disputes was very elegant.
So how about this: One person says "First person loses X fortress strength", and the other gets to choose which place?
So, for example, if I say "If you start, you lose 99 fortress strength", Red's just going to say "Okay, I'll go second" and I'll be screwed with 1 FS.

On that note, weren't we only supposed to have 10 Fortress Strength? 100 seems excessive. Maybe 20, 10 seems not very high.

Neyvn, I don't understand your card-drawing system. Do you mean that on Red's turn, I'd pm Webadict and say "Card 27" and he'd draw card 27 for Red's draw? That seems overly complicated - couldn't Webby just randomize it himself? - and also lengthens the turns by some time (two people have to respond in a turn, instead of just one)
The card thing isn't the problem. It's the continuous drawing that's draining.

100 isn't the problem, thought it is high. 10 is too low, as can be seen by me doing this:

I fill my hand with 5 Peasants. Play them all. Next turn, I attack with them all. Continue until you die.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18