Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: Viva La Revolution!  (Read 13798 times)

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
Re: Viva La Revolution!
« Reply #150 on: April 28, 2010, 12:21:20 pm »

Waiting for OP ::)
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2010, 12:46:45 pm »

Leo, you can claim the in-game leader character if you want. That is awesome and i agree with it whole heartedly.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 28, 2010, 12:47:43 pm »

Waiting for OP ::)

Hey I can't be present at all times.

Ok. I see what Leo is trying to achieve, a sort of Hobo Code system to help with Operations.

A small van will set you back £500 for a bad, second hand vehicle. Fuel is cheap at 50p a Liter.

Recruitment technique is good as well, maybe with a counter ambush technique if anything goes awry?

Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2010, 01:09:54 pm »

I'm thinking counter-ambush is no good, as the police will then just kill / capture more of us. It's possible that Jack could get rolled, though. I dunno. He should carry some pocket money so the mugger can take something if that happens.

What are police typically armed with?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 29, 2010, 11:40:57 am »

bump
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 29, 2010, 12:55:01 pm »

Police are armed with differentiating equipment depending on where they are stationed. High or Middle class areas police are armed with Pistols and minimal body armor. Low class areas have more of a conventional 2000's uniform with some body armor, truncheons and pistols. In some High crime areas, such as the docklands, Soldiers are used to keep the peace but only in the most extreme areas where some Criminals are just too bountiful. This is usually in heavily contested "Gang Warfare" areas.

From the few accounts that have been recounted, the Secret Police are sometimes very lightly equipped when wandering about, usually only harboring a Small Pistol which is used for Self Defense. When in Ambush mode however, they will most often have Sub Machine guns or Rifles which they will used with proficient accuracy and skill.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 29, 2010, 02:32:20 pm »

to much, unless jack detonates a powerful alcohol based bomb which he sets off in case trouble. killing him and everybody in the immediate area.  :D
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 29, 2010, 03:41:45 pm »

Yeah, I was hoping that maybe we could do the counter-ambush idea, that we could capture some weapons and kill a bunch of secret police while we're at it. But it sounds like we'd either get nothing worthwhile out of it, or else the police ambush would be too tough for us regardless. Plus we'd be endangering more of our Loyalists.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 30, 2010, 08:52:43 am »

im going to be the next recruit nd im going to be named Napoleon :D

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 30, 2010, 12:44:44 pm »

Oh also, officially, I vote we buy the van. Are there any laws about vehicle ownership? Do we have to submit our odometer readings every month? Is it legal to get it repaired wherever? Are there regular petrol stations around?

If we do buy the van, search it thoroughly back in the warehouse for listening / tracking devices. If we find a bug, LEAVE IT and just talk like we're normal people while we're in the van. If we find a tracking device, disable it without removing it so it looks like it might have just broken on its own.

This gives us the opportunity to buy fuel occasionally. We can stockpile fuel here and there for use in explosives. If necessary we can turn the odometer ahead every so often to make it look like we used extra fuel when we actually just siphoned it off.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 30, 2010, 01:44:08 pm »

Oh also, officially, I vote we buy the van. Are there any laws about vehicle ownership? Do we have to submit our odometer readings every month? Is it legal to get it repaired wherever? Are there regular petrol stations around?

If we do buy the van, search it thoroughly back in the warehouse for listening / tracking devices. If we find a bug, LEAVE IT and just talk like we're normal people while we're in the van. If we find a tracking device, disable it without removing it so it looks like it might have just broken on its own.

This gives us the opportunity to buy fuel occasionally. We can stockpile fuel here and there for use in explosives. If necessary we can turn the odometer ahead every so often to make it look like we used extra fuel when we actually just siphoned it off.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 02, 2010, 11:03:18 am »

Vehicle Ownership Charter (2013): vehicles must be bought from a Government Source and a Valid reason for buying the vehicle must be registered with the Approved Vendor of Motor Vehicles. Suspicious or Dangerous use of a vehicle will result in the seizing of the Vehicle in question and R.I.R for the driver. Hopeful purchasers will have to complete and gain a sufficient result in a Motor Vehicle Practice Test. Failure to gain a sufficient mark will result in a failed test. Hopeful purchasers will not be able to re-take the test in 6 months

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 02, 2010, 11:04:37 am »

Crap. what about bikes, or stuff like that?
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 02, 2010, 11:06:59 am »

Pedal Bikes can be bought from shops in Middle- and High-Class areas. The Harbour Master in the Docks may be able to sell you a boat and a mooring dock

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 02, 2010, 11:11:24 am »

Well, having a van to transport furniture between our warehouse and our shop seems like a valid reason to me.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22