Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22

Author Topic: Viva La Revolution!  (Read 13726 times)

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
Re: Viva La Revolution!
« Reply #285 on: May 09, 2010, 08:45:24 am »

The small contigent from Small Warehouse are sent out to gather Half bricks from the surrounding Docklands area. Socks can be bought from a local shop at £1 per pair.

Jack is sent to the Weapons Broker. As it is now dark, Jack hurries down a small alley way lit by one harsh Yellow Lamp. The path between the two large dome-topped Warehouses is cluttered rubbisha dn half-blocked by the occasional overfillied dumpster. The weapons broker waits behind a particularly large dumpster.

"Listen my friend," he says in a youthful, yet breathy, scottish accent, "I'll give you the guns you need, how many men do you need to arm?"
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 09, 2010, 09:42:47 am »

5 should be good. I guess we should look for pistols, submachine guns, anything easy to use and commonplace. I mean, 9mm is quite common. I think that military grade (5.56 mm, 7.62 mm) munitions would be easier to trace, since it's more powerful (don't take my word for it, I'm no gun expert) than 9mm.

Silencers would be tantamount.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 09, 2010, 10:51:34 am »

"Well, I have five 9mm Pistols please. I take it you provide ammo?"

"Aye I do laddie, but you won't be able to contact me after the first delivery so don't think you will be able to get hold of any extra from me", he licked his lips and preceded, "Where do you want this firepower delivered?"
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 10:54:19 am by Hoborobo234 »
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 09, 2010, 10:55:10 am »

Probably to some abandoned warehouse miles from our location.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 09, 2010, 11:25:02 am »

At the same time, try to prepare for publicity materials.

Is there any restriction to owning a printing machine?
Is there any restriction to unsolicited mailing?

We are fighting for freedom. Not OUR freedom, but everyone's freedom. We want the people be ideologically more than ready when we finally burst onto the scene.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 09, 2010, 11:45:54 am »

Why not try to find out if there are other underground resistances?
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 09, 2010, 10:53:44 pm »

"Well, I have five 9mm Pistols please. I take it you provide ammo?"

"Aye I do laddie, but you won't be able to contact me after the first delivery so don't think you will be able to get hold of any extra from me", he licked his lips and preceded, "Where do you want this firepower delivered?"

but in that case we will have 30 with 250 magazines
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 10, 2010, 12:25:01 am »

What about silenced weapons?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 10, 2010, 01:05:57 am »

9mm's are good, and should be easy to find a silencer for one.
Although, I'd have prefered getting a Makarov PM or a .45 instead of a 9mm.
One is light, small, and rugged, and very reliable although hard to find ammo for. While the other a .45 has higher stopping power.
Uh, how many .45s could we get? Would something like a USP. Compact or Colt be worth more than a 9mm? Kills a little faster.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 10, 2010, 01:21:43 am »

I would think that making sure that they can't hear us is better, but I guess the leader can carry a .45.

WE NEED SILENCERS
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 10, 2010, 01:26:03 am »

Isn't there a way to make improvised ones? However we should only do that if we can't get normal silencers.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 10, 2010, 01:29:19 am »

I heard of using layered pillows and stuff, but I'm no guerrilla.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 10, 2010, 01:56:26 am »

Locate a garden store. They have tons of stuff to use in making IEDs. I know from uhhhh..... "experience" -sneaks away-
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 10, 2010, 03:49:50 am »

I saw on CSI that you can make a makeshift silencer from a water bottle with a hole drilled in the bottom and muffling material stuffed inside. Bulky but it should work.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 10, 2010, 09:37:43 am »

What about silenced weapons?

"Have you got any silenced weapons you can sell us?"

"Aye I can get hold of some, but their expensive. Buying all these weapons with Full ammunition and Silencers is gonna bump the price up to £1500 for the bundle."

"The price is fine"

"Right then lad, where do you want thees weapons dropped off?"

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22