Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Author Topic: Viva La Revolution!  (Read 13729 times)

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
Re: Viva La Revolution!
« Reply #270 on: May 06, 2010, 04:00:38 pm »

[Ah! Of course the Molotovs]

It will take about a day for the Warehouse cell to Design and test their version of the Molotov Cocktail. It shouldn't take them much longer to create 15 of them.

They will also need glass bottles and cloth for this experiment. How will you go about getting these resources?
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 06, 2010, 05:31:36 pm »

Are glass bottles used to contain any of the foodstuffs we sell? We stocked up some food, we could transfer the stuff from the bottles into some other big container and just eat a lot of pickles or whatever it was over the next couple days.

We have beds, did they come with bedding? I think our goons Loyalists can sleep on pillows that have no pillowcases.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 07, 2010, 08:20:42 am »

Are glass bottles used to contain any of the foodstuffs we sell? We stocked up some food, we could transfer the stuff from the bottles into some other big container and just eat a lot of pickles or whatever it was over the next couple days.

We have beds, did they come with bedding? I think our goons Loyalists can sleep on pillows that have no pillowcases.

we do this

bump
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 07, 2010, 10:05:55 am »

Yes good idea, Foodstuff Jars and Bottles as well as cloth from the Sheets of the beds are used in the production of the Molotovs

( + £ 200 )

21st of July

Testing has been completed. The Molotovs show little problems and should be good to use in a Raid situation. They could also be used as an Improvised Precision weapon.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 07, 2010, 11:37:40 am »

We need to pick up some smashy-weapons, and stabby-weapons, and a couple tools.

Everyone needs to grab a rock and stick it in a sock. That'll be your main smashy weapon, used for hitting a guard or smashing a window.

For something stabby, it would be great to get little kitchen knives. But a long sturdy nail would do fine.

We need a pipe or something to be able to pry things open. The end of the pipe is hammered flat. Not as good as a crowbar, but it might work in a pinch?

The main benefit here is that these things can be dropped at any time. And the rock-sock can be created anytime you have rocks and socks, so the Loyalists should practice with those in secret (not sparring with each other! :P )
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 07, 2010, 01:09:30 pm »

We need to pick up some smashy-weapons, and stabby-weapons, and a couple tools.

Everyone needs to grab a rock and stick it in a sock. That'll be your main smashy weapon, used for hitting a guard or smashing a window.

For something stabby, it would be great to get little kitchen knives. But a long sturdy nail would do fine.

We need a pipe or something to be able to pry things open. The end of the pipe is hammered flat. Not as good as a crowbar, but it might work in a pinch?

The main benefit here is that these things can be dropped at any time. And the rock-sock can be created anytime you have rocks and socks, so the Loyalists should practice with those in secret (not sparring with each other! :P )

instead of a rock we use a half-brick but yeah good idea this
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 07, 2010, 01:11:35 pm »

Or failing that, black sand.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 07, 2010, 01:28:29 pm »

Or failing that, black sand.

NO you need halfbricks

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 07, 2010, 02:45:05 pm »

*Facepalm* Its a discworld reference when rincewind fills his sock with black sand
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 03:42:13 pm by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 07, 2010, 05:02:58 pm »

Fill it with a particularly solid poop, I don't care :P

It would be awesome if we could make and train with slings, but that may be out of our reach and we could get guns anyway.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 08, 2010, 07:03:16 am »

Quote from: Silver Hand
But, as a taster, I'll give you the contact to a Weapon's broker I know, Kay?"

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 08, 2010, 07:25:32 am »

*Facepalm* Its a discworld reference when rincewind fills his sock with black sand

but he does the same with half-brick *Facepalm*

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 08, 2010, 07:26:58 am »

well we go speak with the weapons broker but we still fill socks with half-brick

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 08, 2010, 08:18:31 am »

Spare bricks are in abundance scattered around the Docks. How many do you want to be collected?

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 08, 2010, 08:25:00 am »

Spare bricks are in abundance scattered around the Docks. How many do you want to be collected?

15 should be enough
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22