Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22

Author Topic: Viva La Revolution!  (Read 13743 times)

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
Re: Viva La Revolution!
« Reply #240 on: May 05, 2010, 11:23:39 am »

Make it blue and always have a few crates of food lying in it.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 05, 2010, 11:25:32 am »

Make it blue and always have a few crates of food lying in it.
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 05, 2010, 11:31:03 am »

You buy 20 cans of Government Issue B.L.U

( - £ 200 )

Jack and the Small Warehouse cell have returned to the small warehouse

It should take the rest of the day to paint the Van properly

The license plate is a big giveaway however
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 05, 2010, 11:36:29 am »

Erm, buy a can of black paint and paint numbers on the backside of our current plate?
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 05, 2010, 11:41:59 am »

we would have to etch it we use a welder to  change the letters and numbers into other the letters and numbers  other
if we dont have welder buy one if cant get welder buy a mechanics shop and pay non rev workers to work there
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 05, 2010, 01:13:01 pm »

Riight, Ok.

Anne is the sexiest girl in the revolution. It would be possible for the van driver and her to meet up during the route. The only problem now is that we need get a driver to be accepted by the government.

After the revolution, Anne needs a T-shirt that says this.

I want to make one of these for my GF right now! :P Except, of course, her name isn't Anne. So that would have to change.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 05, 2010, 01:17:13 pm »

Oh, and guys we don't need to change the van color if every courier van is white. Of course it's white. It's a courier van.

But the plates are an issue. We should have covered the plates on the way to the heist, then uncovered them once we got into a deserted alley within a couple blocks of the Warehouse.

Oh well. Live and learn and get shot forty-two times. ;P

So are we giving the boozeloot to the Silverhand Guys?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 05, 2010, 02:17:01 pm »

While the Small Warehouse cell paint the van, Jack brings the crates of loot down to the Silverhand warehouse.

The guard looks at Jack in surprise as if he had not expected for Jack to be back, or at least this soon.

Both guards look puzzled but they decide to bring the crates inside. Jack is beckoned to follow. He is lead towards the office where the Silverhand gang leader is working.

"Enter" says the Leader in a Loud voice. Jack is thrust into the room, pallidly lit and hazed by Cigar smoke, and before him sat the Leader in a red leather winged office chair. The leader leaned forward in his seat

"What can I do for you?" He said, a faint smirk on his face. Upon closer inspection the man was in his mid-40s, has a narrow mustache and wore rather camp glasses. He also had a bionic Eye. He spoke with a bored Northern Irish accent.

"Please sir, I am here to represent an Organization that plans to overthrow the government, we call ourselves the Revelution Society. We are a small organization and we wish to gain links in your area of expertise. We would like to know where we can pick up recruits and find links to the black market."

"Thats a big proposition you got there" The man took a smoke from his rather large cigar, his right hand was covered by a large Silver Glove, "Well, I'm Silver Hand round here. I suppose if anyone should know these gentlemen it is I. But I don't think that I should tell you, although you have provided us with this excellent present, you must have gone through some trounle getting this. Tell ye what, you do some stuff for me, I'll tell you when and where you can find these guys. But, as a taster, I'll give you the contact to a Weapon's broker I know, Kay?"

Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 05, 2010, 02:26:45 pm »

"Yes, sir!"

>Be his bitch

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 05, 2010, 02:29:32 pm »

He's are way in. Do what he says.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 05, 2010, 02:52:05 pm »

"Yes sir, whatever you like"

"Ok, first things first, don't give me any of the Ass lick 'Sir' shit, call me by my real name; Silver Hand, Kay? Right, I am working on a small project and I need a few things. First of all, I'm gonna need a big engine, I mean a BIG engine. Seriously the biggest one you can find. You should be able to find a big enough one somewhere around the Docks. Theres a studge Wharf Admin up at Wharf 12, you should be able to get enough info off of him before he tries to get his chubby hands on some of yourn dough. Yeah, I don't want no bullshit ship engines, this things gonna be a big engine but big enough to fit in some vehicle that runs on land. I am also gonna need some 20 Milimeter Ammo bout two hundred round, kay? Don't ask any questions, you get me this stuff by the end of the month and I will give you the contacts, kay?"

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 05, 2010, 06:04:13 pm »

20 mm... Do you mean the autocannon round?!

We'll need to be packing some heat if we want to even think about getting something of that value... Can we get some pistols at least? If we're going to raid a military ammo dump, we gotta be able to get it, or at least get Anne to seduce them all...
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 06, 2010, 09:45:57 am »

"Won't the Ammo be highly guarded? I mean surely something that deadly would be defended by some Soldiers and you wouldn't just find it lying around"

"Heh," chuckled Silver Hand, "your not as dumb as I thought. That was my test, to see if you were a chump and guess what, You aren't one!" He leaned back in his seat and took another long breath from his cigar, "Just get me the Engine, I've got some goons who will be willing to get me that ammo. You get me that Engine and I have won the Docklands, You get me that engine and you will win the city. I guarantee it! Now get out of here and find me that Engine!"

Jack simply nodded and exited the building the way he came.

( + £ 200 )

20th of July

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 06, 2010, 11:15:34 am »

Alright, let's make our first move! Have someone scout out the place where the engine is, noting the schedules, the guards, anything useful. Also, see if we can't get our hands on some gasoline, some empty bottles, cloth and matches. Molotovs would be useful here.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 06, 2010, 11:28:41 am »

We have the spare fuel from the van that we've been slowly stockpiling. Right?

We really need that reconnaisance before we plan. I agree that we should send one Warehouse member at a time, just to walk by at different times with different Warehouse members, to see what we can see from the outside.

Count nearby parked vehicles. Pay attention to the color, if that tips us off to anything. Find out when they take deliveries and when they send materials out. Does the place close down operations at night?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22