Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: Viva La Revolution!  (Read 13740 times)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: Viva La Revolution!
« Reply #225 on: May 03, 2010, 12:22:26 pm »

we fast forward 2 days
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 03, 2010, 12:31:46 pm »

We fast forward two days.

( + £ 400 )

( - £ 90 ) for restocking

Max got a letter through the door from the Administrator at Wharf 37. He will take part in couriering Fancy Alcohol to a shop in the Middle Class sector. This will take part on the 19th of July. It is currently the 18th July. For this task he will need to use the van. He should have to transport 2 boxes of Wine. in each box there are ninety bottles
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 03, 2010, 12:57:43 pm »

DO IT, forward one day.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 03, 2010, 01:04:47 pm »

I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 03, 2010, 01:28:12 pm »

We fast forward one day.

19th of July

( + £ 200 )

Today is the day where Max will do the courier job. He gets in the drivers seat of the van, making one last sweep of the van for bugs, and drives over to the Wharf. The back is opened and the van is loaded. He makes a turning and down by the road is Anne in her most alluring outfit. Max drives up to her and parks by her side. He turns to the guard.
 "Right," he says, "Heres some dough," he hands the guard a wad of money, "and we're gonna take the wine." The guard looks slightly smug.
 "I want her" he says. Max makes a gesture to Anne and he gets out of the Van. He walks over to Anne, nods and stands by the Warehouse wall, on look out. A few minutes later, Anne withdraws from the Van, a little out of breath and flustered, and returns to her position on the Sidewalk.
 "It's for the good of the cause, Anne" Max whispers. Anne nods. max clambers back into the Van.
 "Is that all?" He says to guard and replies without time for him to answer, " Now I suggest you run back to the Wharf and tell them that you were ambushed here by Proles." He winks at the Guard. The guard gets out of the Van and rushes back towards the Wharf, Anne gets into the van.
 Max starts the Van up and drives off, "We need to destroy the van or at least make sure to keep it hidden, or else our alibi will be peanuts and the Police will be down on us like a storm." Anne remains silent, disgruntled but happy because she just may have made a vital step forward in the progression of the Revolution.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 03, 2010, 01:43:08 pm »

Wait, we could change number plates and do a makeshift paintjob. It's possible with normal room paint.
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 03, 2010, 01:48:02 pm »

Wait, we could change number plates and do a makeshift paintjob. It's possible with normal room paint.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 03, 2010, 01:49:36 pm »

I'm suprised that that worked.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 03, 2010, 01:53:49 pm »

Where are we going to get another number plate from?

The Van is driven into the warehouse for the time being.

The wine is offloaded and kept in the Office.

Where are we going to get Wall Paint from?

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 03, 2010, 01:57:12 pm »

Can we either buy a home depote style shop or get the paint normally, that is, like, for painting rooms? Or is that illegal?

Also, we could just continue buying shops and spend the shit out of the government :P

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 03, 2010, 04:09:23 pm »

There is a DIY store on the edge of town. This shop has a little range of Paints and tools that are legal to buy

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 03, 2010, 04:27:42 pm »

Well, go for it. Have different members buy the paint so that no-one gets suspicious due to one guy buying like 20 cans of paint.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 04, 2010, 09:34:30 am »

20 cans of paint is just normal for shop refurbishment.

If needed, buy more and do the real thing.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 05, 2010, 01:27:02 am »

20 cans of paint is just normal for shop refurbishment.

If needed, buy more and do the real thing.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 05, 2010, 10:25:56 am »

Jack and the Small warehouse cell (Faulkner, Max, Heather and Ingrid) go off to the DIY store to purchase 20 cans of Paint.

Which colour do you want? Please take into consideration that the van itself is White and government regulations allow vans that are a certain colour for a certain job (White = Courier, Red = Military Service, Blue = Food transportation, Green = bio-chemical waste etc. )

What ever colour you pick the cost will come to £200 for 20 cans

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22