Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: Viva La Revolution!  (Read 13784 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Viva La Revolution!
« Reply #180 on: May 02, 2010, 02:33:15 pm »

Do police regularly check vehicles in checkpoints in many places around the city? Specifically the docks?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 02:35:00 pm by Phantom »

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 02, 2010, 02:35:05 pm »

A member named Phantom slaps them both saying the leader should be the getaway driver.
That or the person with the highest intelligence and motor skills.

but the leader is newer there of course he sits and plans ditto on the person with the highest intelligence

none of us have any motor skills thats why we take a test
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 02, 2010, 02:35:31 pm »

There are checkpoints in the Docklands and at the edges of Governmental Areas. 

The docklands check points are often busy or manned by poorly trained and lazy officials
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 02, 2010, 02:39:02 pm »

Do police regularly check vehicles in checkpoints in many places around the city? Specifically the docks?

stop trying to deny my right to be getaway driver >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 02, 2010, 02:39:56 pm »

stop trying to deny my right to be getaway driver >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I think he's talking about what we can have in the van.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 02, 2010, 02:41:37 pm »

LISTEN. The driver is already selected, max I don't know why you are getting irate we all have equal control over these characters. Now, how are we going to continue?
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 02, 2010, 02:42:40 pm »

Let's try to get some ties to the black market.
To be partly feline,

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 02, 2010, 02:43:07 pm »

Hrm.
See if any of those guys at the docklands need any smuggling to be done, in exchange for money, weapons, or probably even this.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 02, 2010, 02:47:19 pm »

Let's try to get some ties to the black market.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 02, 2010, 02:48:53 pm »

Smuggling and the black market? A gun here would probably be expensive, because it may be hard to smuggle in arms with all the police and soldiers around.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 02, 2010, 02:50:15 pm »

We need to get in contact with the criminal underworld for us to become involved with their inner workings. This includes; The black market, Recruitment etc.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 02, 2010, 02:51:00 pm »

Get in contact with the criminal underworld.
To be partly feline,

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 02, 2010, 02:54:39 pm »

Get in contact with the criminal underworld.

haven't you gotten the gist yet?

tell me how

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 02, 2010, 03:24:07 pm »

Well, we use Jack to start getting recruits/ties with the proles. They are much more likely to know about the black market, as they are basically at war with the government.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 02, 2010, 03:46:54 pm »

And see if there are guys at the docklands or governmental area checkpoints we could bribe, turn, or extort to let our people go though unchecked.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22