Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Now that we have to muddy stuff...  (Read 1056 times)

mustyoshi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Now that we have to muddy stuff...
« on: April 14, 2010, 08:28:51 pm »

Maybe a way to use buckets to muddy squares?
I know it would be simpler to just dig into a murky pool, but I hate how that makes me shape my fortress (OCD)...
Sometimes I make my farm far from my actual fortress for that reason... So maybe let my dwarves carry water from said murky pool to the farm plots?
Urist McWhiner: But he is better stonecrafter than everybody combined in this fortress!!
Urist McManager: Aye, but he ain't 16 yet. So he hauls stuff

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Now that we have to muddy stuff...
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 10:31:32 pm »

You can get dwarves to muddy your future farm plots. Create a pit, zone it (i), and set it to pit/pond. Dwarves will then take water from water source and dump it into the "pond" using buckets.

Once all the squares are wet, you get "a dusting of mud". If you want to increase the tiles to "a small pile of mud", let them dry out, then cover them in water again. Let dry and repeat to move them "a pile of mud".
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 12:07:31 am »

I tried that, but a cancelation message came up... something about an inappropriate building or place to set a pit/pond?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 01:25:05 am »

This idea was posted a few days ago and the thread is still near the top of the page.

Also, dwarves fill pond zones from the level above.