Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: the universe!  (Read 2883 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: the universe!
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 07:05:20 pm »

but...

Huh?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 07:15:08 pm »

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2010, 07:28:24 pm »

Well infinity is clever, but it's not that meaningful. Besides, there's all that aleph-one and aleph-two and stuff, but he did say "omnipotent".

I guess at that point, I suppose we can assume that since the rock is movable, we had the ABILITY to create a rock we couldn't move but for whatever reason we did not USE that ability to the fullest. Or perhaps we made a mistake in the creation. After all, he didn't say "infallible".
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 07:34:03 pm »

you lift the rock that not even you can lift easily.
Ya we made a big rock but not that big.

Ya infinity not that meaningful but I sorta gets the point across.

Also:
omnipresent=infallible=Know everything
omnipowerful= Can do anything
Omnipotent=omnipresent and omnipowerful

So yes we are "infallible".

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 07:44:34 pm »

look, don't take this too seriously, okay? just try to have fun. i think i heard about creating booze...

also, i sorta want life in this game.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2010, 08:06:25 pm »

look, don't take this too seriously, okay? just try to have fun. i think i heard about creating booze...

also, i sorta want life in this game.

Swing your mighty all-destroying hammer at the stone in an attempt to create the universe.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2010, 08:08:33 pm »

you swing at the hammer; the godly hammer creates a small sun nearby, to encourage and allow life. you then make a roaring stream of water, and an atmosphere as well.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2010, 08:26:37 pm »

Actually, I've seen an argument for how the "rock even you cannot move" thing can be explained. You, as a god, can do anything. Therefore anything you cannot do you cannot do because you have imposed rules on yourself. You can create the rock, by saying that you cannot move it. If, at a later date, you move the rock, it is because you have repealed this rule restricting your actions, changing it into a rock you can move.

Anyway, create a race of beings in your image and command them to strike the earth, preparing it for other life.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2010, 08:28:34 pm »

you make dwarves. everything goes good at first, they get thirsty and drink from the stream, they get hungry... maybe you should make some plants and more animals first.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2010, 08:35:06 pm »

Actually, I've seen an argument for how the "rock even you cannot move" thing can be explained. You, as a god, can do anything. Therefore anything you cannot do you cannot do because you have imposed rules on yourself. You can create the rock, by saying that you cannot move it. If, at a later date, you move the rock, it is because you have repealed this rule restricting your actions, changing it into a rock you can move.
No way man, way to recursive. "I will take off all rules from my self and than make a rock I can't move."

not saying Omnipotent is a impossibility, just that it is to much for our minds to comprehend.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2010, 11:00:17 pm »

you lift the rock that not even you can lift easily.
Ya we made a big rock but not that big.

Ya infinity not that meaningful but I sorta gets the point across.

Also:
omnipresent=infallible=Know everything
omnipowerful= Can do anything
Omnipotent=omnipresent and omnipowerful

So yes we are "infallible".

No. It does not follow.

Omnipresent = you are everywhere
Omniscient = you can see everywhere
Omnipotent = you can accomplish anything

I can easily imagine a creature that is omnipresent but NOT omniscient - he's just blind.

Furthermore, the character here is only omnipotent. Not omniscient or omnipresent, as those traits aren't described in the opening post.

Of course as an omnipotent creature, we could always make ourselves omniscient and omnipresent. But we haven't done that yet.

And yet, even with all of those things failure is still possible, especially if we don't try to accomplish at 100% even though we can.

Making ourselves unable to fail would be a separate thing. And in fact, the question remains - did we fail at making ourselves 100% immune to failure? As a fallible creature, such a failure is possible.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2010, 11:10:22 pm »

Ugg fine I got my things mixed up, my point stands if we can
accomplish anything
Than we can still do paradoxes.

I don't understand what you are arguing.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2010, 11:40:58 pm »

Does it really matter? Paradoxes are confusing and in the end quite worthless, lets just ignore them and hope they go away... Except for time paradoxes, we should make one of those as soon as possible. They're Fun.

Cause a multitude of plants and animals to spring into existence.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2010, 07:38:26 am »

a multitude of plants and life spring onto the rock, and a thriving ecosystem gets set into place. all the creatures are sentient, none are sapient.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2010, 09:10:39 am »

make a race of insectoids which look very much like a mix between ants and spiders, who are sapient and hold the dwarves as slaves...
Pages: 1 [2] 3