Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Is there a law against world domination? ???  (Read 7320 times)

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a law against world domination? ???
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 03:40:09 pm »

Im more intrested in answers to following questions:
Is OP 12/Got an MDI?
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 03:44:22 pm »

Nearly 19   ??? And why on earth would I have a multiple document interface?

I know you can't assume control of every government, what I meant was nothing strong enough to challenge you except if they teamed up.
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

HideousBeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2010, 03:47:35 pm »

Not particularly. Besides, if you manage to control the world then you set the laws. Maybe you can get everyone to really really like you and submit their nations to you, so you don't have to break any laws...

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 03:48:02 pm »

Define "World Domination"
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 03:49:13 pm »

World domination(verb): the act of controlling the world.
Not particularly. Besides, if you manage to control the world then you set the laws. Maybe you can get everyone to really really like you and submit their nations to you, so you don't have to break any laws...
That is ridiculous much like this thread I have started. ;D
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2010, 03:51:19 pm »

I'd say go with it, just make sure to let me live on Namek or something.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2010, 03:52:11 pm »

And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2010, 03:52:23 pm »

Everyone liked Jesus, if he had the ability to, maybe others could!
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2010, 03:55:44 pm »

What about the part where people took a murderer off of ye olde death row to kill him?

What??? ???

Mikko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2010, 03:58:15 pm »

Yes. He was so celebrated that he was nailed to a cross where he slowly died. Then all of his followers had to live underground because they were tried to hunt down. For a few hundred years. That's how much they liked Iesus Nazaretus.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2010, 04:16:39 pm »

World Domination is a noun, it's a state of being. I have world domination.

Tautology is using self referential statements. You defined World domination as controlling the world. Controlling is a close synonym to domination, rendering the definition useless.

Trust laws, self determination UN policies, and probably violating territorial sovereignty come to mind as being broken.

Basically, unless  you give more information about the plan, we can't tell you the specific laws. Mind you, you're going to break more than enough to have a real country kick your ass.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2010, 04:19:46 pm »

Any-way with that out of the way how would you go about taking over the world without breaking the law? the only way I can think of is with some sort of super corporation.
World Domination is a noun, it's a state of being. I have world domination.

Tautology is using self referential statements. You defined World domination as controlling the world. Controlling is a close synonym to domination, rendering the definition useless.

Trust laws, self determination UN policies, and probably violating territorial sovereignty come to mind as being broken.

Basically, unless  you give more information about the plan, we can't tell you the specific laws. Mind you, you're going to break more than enough to have a real country kick your ass.
Ok for a specific plan I will use my friends joke plan, Establish a country in Antarctica, the only free place left. then work from there to build up a country and take over the world.

Dwiib

• Bay Watcher
  • Those eyes. Look into them and see your future.
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2010, 04:20:33 pm »

If you enact a postfactum law to save yourself from prosecution, people will notice. Furthermore, we can assume that a society capable of doing this is a nondemocratic society, or if so, loosely democratic or fixed. This would just add to the hordes of angry people in your governmental pocket.

A better idea. You get in a position of secondary-absolute power where the chain of succession directly leads to you, such as vice presidency. Make sure that your leader is a jerk, nobody likes him, etc. It doesn't matter whether or not he's your puppet, but preferably he is.

Next, you must either hire an assassin or become one. Your target is him. Your reasoning is that he was a horrible dictator/whatnot should you choose to publicly disclose your assassination or are caught. You're automatically in their good graces if you do, but you might face trouble. If you don't horribly botch it, congratulations, you're now king of the universe.

Alternatively, latch onto Scientology. Work your way through their ranks under the ruse of an actual believer. Be as backstabbing as possible or all you'll end up with is several piles of debt. Try to manipulate them to go for a grab of power. This is when you'll go for yours. Congratulations, you are now the Pope of Scientology.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2010, 04:29:36 pm »

Being ultimate dictator/supreme ruler of the world is overrated. If you ever want to dominate the world should should place your brainwashed puppets in all positions of power and manipulate silently.

That way you won't be just a sniper bullet away from the end of term.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2010, 04:31:40 pm »

I believe economic domnination would be the best bet, though somewhat difficult to achieve.

Simply patent many new objects, mass-advertise to ensure they are as quickly integrated into society as possible, phase out opposition in that sector, rinse and repeat. Might take a few generations, but eventually you're a global corporation with profits higher than most countries' GDP.

Then, just to be a jackass, close the company, and watch as everyone struggles to survive without the products that have become so integrated into their society.

Alternatively, speculate the money and stock markets, throwing so much money around as to inadvertently bankrupt and finance multiple small countries.

Congratulations, you are now the new Bill Gates. :P
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6