Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: 2010 Succession game: Standardcobras! No joes or gnomes allowed!  (Read 8469 times)

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Succession game: Standardcobras! No joes or gnomes allowed!
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2010, 12:02:21 am »

I'll have to start tomorrow as I'm about to head to work, but set it to downloading.

You better have a better log than Kutan >:(!
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Kutan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2010, 08:35:01 am »

Standardcobras Overseer Log - Final Log:
Well it's the end of my year and I'm almost sad to go, but I realize the overseer cycle is for the greater good. Maybe one day the cycle will come back to me. On the note of accomplishments; my two major goals were unfortunately not completed, but will hopefully be completed with the continuation of the next overseer. Firstly, I could not finish the barracks, in fact I postponed construction of the barracks due to a complication with the earth beneath the dig site. We attempted to collapse the room, but failed miserably and caused the chamber of coffins below to half fill with the ground above, also shaking and jarring the corpses from their final resting places. Not a pleasant sight. Secondly, I could not organize the fortress as I hoped I would; due to a long series of miscommunications, I only happened to manage organizing the workshops themselves, not the stockpiles.

There are a few occurrences that I failed to log and may write down later, but uhm.. I have to go catch the leaving caravan. Bye, log.
You better have a better log than Kutan >:(!

THERE, YOU HAPPY?!
AY LOL

Gnooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2010, 10:39:04 am »

1st Granite, 1054, Morning

Tonight started well enough, I had a nice dinner of plump helmet stew and an exquisite strawberry wine, and was just about to head to bed with an old novel I brought from the Mountainhomes when our overseer, Kutan, knocked down my door, dropped a huge pile of notes and books in my lap and promptly quit!  Apparently he wants to "join the military" and "see the world" and "not have to put up with this cursed hellhole".  Pfft!  Today marks the day that I, Gnooble, shall lead Standardcobras into a new golden age!

1st Granite, 1054, Night

This place is an Armok forsaken hellhole!  Nothing is labeled, storage is a wreck...it took me 45 minutes before someone could even tell me how to get out of the fort!  There is some major re-organization to do.

(our main floor, from what I can tell at first glance, half these stairways lead nowhere)

5th Granite, 1054

Apparently our forge sits idle.  It's amazing what you miss keeping records all day and night for years.  I have called a meeting to discuss the problem and they better have answers!

6th Granite, 1054

Armok help us.  At the meeting our furnace operators kept insisting they had no coal with which to make fuel from the unrefined stuff we've been digging out.  Someone suggested charcoal but they said we didn't have any of that either.  It would appear no one thought to burn some wood in all this time.  In fact, when I asked why we had not done so, everyone said they'd been told not to burn wood.  I grabbed one unemployed dwarf and told him if I didn't smell wood burning I'd throw him to the tigermen.  This morning...we have coal.  I have authorized production of armor and weapons for our military, as well as additional picks to increase mining.
A dwarf walks into a bar.
Dwarf cancels Haul Item: Booze now available.

Kutan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2010, 11:46:05 am »

Armok help us.  At the meeting our furnace operators kept insisting they had no coal with which to make fuel from the unrefined stuff we've been digging out.  Someone suggested charcoal but they said we didn't have any of that either.  It would appear no one thought to burn some wood in all this time.  In fact, when I asked why we had not done so, everyone said they'd been told not to burn wood.  I grabbed one unemployed dwarf and told him if I didn't smell wood burning I'd throw him to the tigermen.  This morning...we have coal.  I have authorized production of armor and weapons for our military, as well as additional picks to increase mining.

... TERANAR DID IT, I SWEAR.
AY LOL

Teranar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2010, 12:23:20 pm »

I just chop the trees... and the mans... I don't burn them!

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2010, 03:49:30 pm »

Coal! that means Low boots! and caps! and Steel!
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Teranar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2010, 06:52:02 pm »

I can has steel battle axe plz?

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2010, 02:34:00 am »

What the hell did you do to the room made for housing the farming seeds! :o ITS FULL OF LOGS!

On the other hand did you pave the whole main hallway in orthaclause (sp)? Looks very swanky, do love.

PS - I can't believe the farms are working so well... Turning out a 400 plant surplus with 70 dwarves? I bet they're not even operating at close to full capacity... Damn I really set us up good on the food front...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 02:35:58 am by The13thRonin »

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Teranar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2010, 01:41:17 pm »

What the hell did you do to the room made for housing the farming seeds! :o ITS FULL OF LOGS!

On the other hand did you pave the whole main hallway in orthaclause (sp)? Looks very swanky, do love.

PS - I can't believe the farms are working so well... Turning out a 400 plant surplus with 70 dwarves? I bet they're not even operating at close to full capacity... Damn I really set us up good on the food front...

Since 2 of those farms could feed a fortress of 200... yes. YES YOU DID.

Gnooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2010, 01:50:34 pm »

Yea food is the one thing I've completely ignored thus far.  Should have spring, summer, and maybe autumn up a bit later.

Monkey King

• Bay Watcher
  • I MUST HAVE BODY PARTS
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2010, 05:42:16 pm »

ANOTHER mining accident? Man, we haven't even seen any undead yet and the place is already cursed.

Gnooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2010, 02:30:56 pm »

15th Granite, 1054

The fortress hums with activity, as our coal supplies are still limited, I assigned new miners and tasked them with delving a vast stair into the earth seeking Armok's lifeblood.

24th Granite, 1054

MIGRANTS!  Filthy, stinking, lazy migrants.  We don't even have beds and jobs for all the dwarves already in the fortress!

26th Granite, 1054

The last of the migrants arrived today.  Those that have valuable skills have been put to work in our new metal industry.  The others have menial jobs or are now part of our military.

1st Slate, 1054

We marked the start of the month by striking a vast underground cavern.  We continued our stairs inside the vast stone columns spanning the caves so as not to allow any beasts into the fortress.  Trees have been felled and additional barrels and bins fill daily.  Our farms are well managed and I have been glad to let them work.

4th Slate, 1054

One of the dyers was apparently possessed today.  I look forward to the fruits of his labor.

20th Slate, 1054

The storage situation is beyond help, I told the chief miner to dig a massive storeroom below the workshop levels in an attempt to generate space.  All the workshops are turning out products in huge numbers.  We finally have iron armor and weaponry.  Sadly, with no flux to make steel, they will have to make do til we find a solution.

13th Felsite, 1054

The mayor burst into my office and demanded that I prevent any export of ballista parts.  Since we have no siege works I didn't see how that would be an issue, but I made her sign a decree that I was to get a bigger bedroom in return.  I fear with a mayor this dim it is only a matter of time before someone else is screaming mandates.

16th Felsite, 1054

ELVES!  DAMNED ELVES!  We must prepare all our defenses!  Arm the guard!  Man the ramparts!  Find pointy rocks!

17th Felsite, 1054

They brought wood.  We gave them trinkets and let them live...for now.

11th Hematite, 1054

I ordered the slaughter of every donkey and mule in the fort.  We shall have meat!  Also, leather works and the cloth industry has now been established, along with additional forges.  We shall be the richest settlement in all the dwarven lands!

14th Hematite, 1054

A deep pit has been discovered.  We continue to mine downwards.

11th Malachite, 1054

A stonecrafter has been acting a bit elvish, grabbing wood and cloth and throwing someone making good solid rock crafts out of a workshop.  He is being watched and the fortress guard is on high alert.

2nd Galena, 1054

Warm stone!  Exploratory mining to find safe spots to tap the magma has now begun, as well as production of magma safe pumps and control mechanisms.

15th Galena, 1054

The humans are here.  They brought wood and booze.

17th Galena, 1054

We have safely dug our way onto the great magma sea.  Now to establish forges and smelters nearby so that our great pumps can be constructed to channel this gift of Armok to the workshops far above.  The miners also glimpsed adamantine amongst the burning ocean, and we shall soon be the richest of any fortress.

(Pictures will be editted in later)

Teranar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2010, 05:36:08 pm »

MAGMA! :D QUICK CONSTRUCT A PRESSURIZED MAGMA CANNON GO

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2010, 06:27:06 pm »

(Pictures will be editted in later)

THEY BETTER BE

READING SUCKS

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2010, 07:09:22 pm »

YOU TRADED WITH THE ELVES :o?

You fool, you hath wrought our destruction!

THE ONLY GOOD ELF IS A DEAD ELF!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8